Thread: A Day to Remember

A Day to Remember

Today was a very big day for Geena.

I was so encouraged by my recent trip to a store, I wanted to do it again. I saw an opening today, and even worked the excuse of going to the city to Christmas shop, which I intended to do. I left home drab and went to a local store and found one gift, and got myself a new pair of hose, then off to my ‘safe house’ to transform. I really wanted the feminine feeling, so I took my purple dress and a slip, and my black heels because I felt awkward in the wedges last time. I did a simpler job on make up and dressed up, took a couple pictures and off I went. I’ll describe my first stop last. My second stop was Hobby Lobby where I had something specific in mind, which they didn’t have. They were busy on a Friday afternoon, but I was set on a plan and walked right in. Much closer encounters than before and knowing that I was seen, but no shocked looks or ugly stares. I looked around for a little bit, but nothing I wanted to get.

The next stop was a Super Target, which was very busy. It was pretty nice browsing the women’s dept. looking for a certain gift sweater which they didn’t have. I also checked out items for myself, but no shoes my size, nor clothes that suited me. I was a little disappointed since I was looking forward to making a purchase. My last stop was the gas station where I just did a pay at the pump. Still felt relaxed and good.

My first stop, though, was going to the Big Lots where I chickened out back in the summer. It was busier today than then, but I am a lot more confident now. I was definitely being seen, but no extreme reactions. I looked around at some gift sets, but nothing I really wanted. I headed over to the furniture area, hoping to find a good mirror for taking a picture. I didn’t find something that good, but tried a couple.

As I turned to move on, a CS girl approached asking “Can I help you find anything?”

I had been practicing my fem voice and replied “No. I’m fine.”

Then it happened!

She called to me “Ma’am?” I turned and said “Yes.”

Then she said “I just wanted to say that you look absolutely adorable.” “Why, thank-you,” I replied almost choked up. She apparently had made me, but wanted to let me know she appreciated the effort. It’s no wonder I didn’t hesitate going into my other stops. That was the most encouraging thing I have felt in a long time.

In the end, the only gift I bought was in drab mode, but it was still a day to remember.

My first outside experiences are imminent.
    I hope they are this positive. Congrats to you,!

congratz to you on a fun day.....CS girl?
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Oh, so envious. Like Kris, I?m gearing up for the first time shopping. Thanks for the post, it helps motivate!
    Super glad you had a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by mykell View Post
    congratz to you on a fun day.....CS girl?
    I meant CS as in Customer Service.

Oh, and I posted pictures attached to my Another Step Forward thread in Picture and Video Gallery.

Here is the link to Geena's Photos of her shopping adventure.
    Cool beans Geena, looks like you had a wonderful experience.
    You sure look like you were quite bundled up...must be on the cold side of the Canadian clipper front that is north of me.
    It was in the 50F/10C on this side of the pond, just south west of you for 3+ days...you must be pretty north on the mitten.
    Thanks for sharing your shopping trip and the pictures.

I am a bit curious what you use for a safe house to transform.
    By me, I can actually go to my local TG shop and use there changing room if they are open.
    Then if I stay out past their hours I usually change back in my vehicle while parked in a basement parking garage in town.
    Wouldn't be nice to have a 24/7 365 LGBTQ changing store to go to and rent a small space to change and do your make-up?
    Some park districts and Police Stations have gender neutral restrooms you can use in a pinch too.
    Might be an interesting business theme...safehouse rooms for rent by the hour...$10 an hour and I might spring for an hour.
    Last edited by candykowal; 12-03-2021 at 08:47 PM.
    Candice Coleen Kowal ....all my friends call me Candy!

Geena, so awesome!

So to all the rest of us, let's get off our pretty butts and get out and enjoy ourselves! I hope to get time on Wed, planning on a Target, Panera and Sephora (Makeup store) morning, hope to be 1/2 as lucky to have as good a day as you had!

Jamie

It's so crazy how one little word can make a persons day . So happy that your out and about and enjoying yourself.

Just being true to myself Jolene Robertson's Avatar
    Hi Geena, Sounds like a great day for you. The CS was great, most that I've encountered have been also. I'm not usually aware of all the looks from other shoppers and most only see what they expect to see but my wife watches for me and many notice and give me a second look but I've never had a bad experience while out. Looking forward to hearing about more of your adventures in the future.

Geena, Sounds like a great day. I'm glad the sales associate was so nice to you.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

That is so encouraging to hear and I am so happy you really enjoyed your outing, especially after the first stop! Congrats!!!!!