Thread: Feeling very sad

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar

Feeling very sad

Last night, a few hours before we were due to drive to UK for 2 weeks, my wife and I made the decision to cancel the trip, due to tightening regs and increasing health risks. There were several good reasons for going, but it would have given me 3 days staying with some girly friends where I can be Nikki, while my wife did her own thing.

It's only starting to hit me how badly disappointed I am, right now I just feel like crying. It would have been my first opportunity to dress up and let go in 2 years. I have some freedom with my wife, but not to the extent of wigs and make up, and snatching a few hours during the day, knowing she might come back unexpectedly just doesn't cut it.

We'll go in the Spring, but...

Anyhow, thanks for listening.

Love to you all, Nikki
    I used to have a short attention spa

Nikki, that which doesn't kill us only makes us go shopping for the next time! If I were you, I'd be on the lookout for a killer outfit, starting with your favorite undies choices and go all the way through to the last ring on your pinky.

I have to believe 95% of us have been where you are, have a quiet cry and prepare for your even better (but delayed!) spring fling.

Nikki, I can totally understand your disappointment but right now almost everything we hear about Covid is about this new variant. Nobody knows much yet so I think we are all going to unfortunately have plans changed.
    Crissy

Hi Nikki,

Sorry to hear that you had to cancel your trip. I feel your pain as I too haven't been able to dress properly for two years. Fingers crossed you don't have to wait another two years. Treat yourself to something girly in the meantime and hang in there.

Best Wishes

Lotte

Sorry to hear that Nikki. I feel and understand your frustration. Like you and many others opportunities have been few and far between over the last 2 years for me too.

let us all hope that this nasty virus will be less contagious in the spring

I get you are disappointed but better safe than sorry . We had a huge amount of cases where I am living ( even family members) including a death of a someone my sister works with all in the past few weeks.Huge uptick and the variant has not even made it here yet. Do things like shop, watch make up videos, post and interact on here . Better yet if your wife knows tell her , explain what you told us and set up sometime where you can at home . Be safe
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

I will definitely echo what Di said. Better to stay safe.
    I am hearing of way too many people that have covid or sadly have passed.
    Cant be too safe about this, Talk to your wife and see if you can get some time.
    But more important enjoy the time with your wife and stay as safe as possible.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Sorry to hear your trip was cancelled. As Di suggested, perhaps as there is some degree of awareness on the part of your wife, it?s an opportunity to be more open with her and to create some regular time for yourself.

Maybe a stayacation, where you can dress as nikki for 2 weeks in the home, or at least 1 week for your 'cation and 1 week not for her 'cation.

Don't know what you are seeing, here for the last 6 months deaths are stable, at 4x deaths by flu, i.e, 7 per 1,000 cases vs 1.5 per 1,000 for flu. Jabs percentages have not changed the death numbers, weird.

Be safe and review treatment options and steps in case you catch it. May provide some peace.

Again, even if not going, ask how can we get some of joy we were expecting during this time.

Sorry to hear your trip didn't pan out the way you wanted. Get whatever time you can to dress and start planning for another trip elsewhere where the regs aren't so tight. Don't quit, keep trying!

I agree with Di. But it is also hard when you are a bit dysphoric which I think may be part of the reason you feel so bad. I have had a few times when that happened and I was anticipating alone time as Gretchen. It can be crushing. But, it is also important to remember that the way this blasted virus won't give up having a lot of public contact with traveling is probably not the best choice. I feel your pain Nikki. Perhaps you are right that a sensitive conversation with your wife about your needs might be a better option. It also might allow her to see better why this is quite important to you and who you are at the deeper level than most people are able to look and understand.

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Thank you all SO MUCH for your kind and thoughtful words. It does help.

xxNikki
    I used to have a short attention spa

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    How terribly frustrating, Nikki!

I doubt I could ever bear not dressing for 2 months much less 2 years!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

hello Nikki, very sorry you have missed coming over here. Maybe have a go at talking to your wife - she may be much more tolerant than you think.
    Cheers
    Robbie

yep, when your in the UK give me a shout, Ill take you out shopping, then a scorching night out in Blackpool or Manchester,lol