Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why are pantyhose so addictive

There's just something really nice, about feeling the the cool, subtle sliding of a slip or skirt, on a stockinged leg. Pantyhose of course, also moves just a bit on the panties underneath, and the shoes and feet and anything else they touch, it gives that unmistakable tactile sensation, physical feedback telling me that I'm wearing girl clothes, which helps overcome the GID. I usually wear either stay up stockings, garters, or pantyhose whenever I'm dressed as a female, with the occasional white socks substituted for my cheerleader outfits.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Tights (especially sheer tights) and stockings are both very much a key part of dressing for me. It goes back to my formative years which, in the UK, covered the period before tights, when stockings attached to suspenders were standard legwear, right through the transition to the time (around 1970 onwards) when stockings were completely replaced by tights for "normal" everyday wear. I like to enjoy the re-enactment of that period, choosing tights when a shorter skirt demands them (as did women of that 1960s transition period) or stockings when longer skirts allowed.
    Control top tights I find preferable to standard tights because they stay up better and tend not to roll over at the waist - though my figure needs a panty girdle anyway. Stockings worn with a suspender belt give a great feeling of freedom, especially under light, loose skirts and dresses but, just as the 1960s women found, a girdle - in my case a firm, high-waist one - is needed. I agree with all the positive comments made about the feelings produced both by tights and stockings and I also understand why women found tights easier to wear than stockings and why they preferred not to have to wear girdles and suspenders. What makes the whole thing so fascinating - and perhaps addictive - is being able to experience all the clothing sensations that women enjoy (or dislike!) which are so much more varied and interesting than those experienced in male clothing.

Stockings and PH were my first femme attire. I would borrow my mother’s or sister’s nylons and admire myself in a full length mirror. I still get a rush from slipping into them.
    Honoring the woman within

Hold ups for me all the way, my mom wore tights, its an old woman thing ive got going on in my head, lol

I agree with donetimes_miss. The feeling of my clothes sliding across the ph or stockings just feels so nice. Luxurious, I guess.

There is something about them. The texture, the feel, the warmth, the indulgent luxury. They were my first love and as they say...you never forget your first love. So true.
    I have been circling for a thousand years,
    and I still don?t know if I am a falcon, or a storm,
    or a great song.

Rainer Maria Rilke
    https://www.flickr.com/people/170325405@N05/

My first item were yellow tights at 5 years old, that made me realized about the feeling of this garment while wearing it, immediately it opened my eyes to women legs and their pantyhose which pull my attention and very soon I was searching for the opportunity to try a pair on myself. Originally I thought that tights felt good, but Pantyhose are several levels up and I fall in love.
    Even that those that I can reach from my aunt were to big for me, te experience and look were addictive and enjoyable.
    Nowadays Pantyhose are not a fashion trending, but I do not care, they are my crossdressing engine.
    I use them all the time, and I will always do.
    I love to crossdress at whatever level, but the minimum acceptable for me is a pair of Pantyhose.

Aspiring Member
    It's Nylon and Spandex, if it was Cotton you won't like them. Besides that we Girls have soft and sensitive skin that loves Nylon, it's electrifying.
    Live Today as if it is your last day

Pantyhose are what got me started. I love the gripping feeling I get from my waist down to my toes. I think pantyhose feel electrically yummy 😊.
    NylonKath

I NEVER go bare-legged! Kimberly A.'s Avatar
    Oh yes, definitely a thread I can relate to..... I could talk about hosiery all day! LOL My love and passion for pantyhose started when I was a LITTLE boy! I've always loved them..... I spend every waking moment in pantyhose or tights and I sometimes even sleep in them. LOL I mean, NOTHING compares to the yummy, silky smooth feeling of pantyhose on freshly shaved legs! (Although it's almost time for me to shave mine again. LOL) Nylons are definitely the staple in my feminine wardrobe, I never go without a pair on my legs. And I don't give a hoot if they're not "in fashion!"

I'm also one who started CD'ing because of pantyhose. Call me old-fashioned, but hose just looks better with dresses or skirts than bare legs, not to mention the AMAZING feeling of a nice, silky dress or skirt brushing against your nylon legs as you walk. Oh, also as I've discovered sheer mesh leggings, which I do own a black pair of those and intend on getting some more in the future, I think a pair of suntan pantyhose looks and feels amazing under those as well! LOL

Oh fudge, I remembered I forgot to answer the question. LOL..... Anyway, I'd say the reason why pantyhose are so addictive, is just the simple feeling of the soft, silky nylon on your legs. But yeah, they ARE addictive for those of us who love them. I honestly can't stand to NOT have on a pair of pantyhose or tights, although I like sheer pantyhose better than opaque tights. When I'm not wearing them, my legs literally crave them! LOL
    Last edited by Kimberly A.; 12-12-2021 at 04:55 PM.
    My YouTube channel: Kimberly A.

My thoughts exactly😊

I NEVER go bare-legged! Kimberly A.'s Avatar
    Kathi-Anne:
    My YouTube channel: Kimberly A.

Like many others they were the first item of women?s things I was drawn to. I definitely have a addiction to dressing but sometimes just pantyhose will do.

There are a lot of good answers here

I'd like to add that are exclusively female, and made to accentuate femininity

There use to be a no-nonsense pantyhose commercial that had a background chorus that sang "we make you feel more female" "we make you feel more female" "we make you feel more female" while the announce extolled the features of no nonsense hose.

(sigh)

After puberty fully kicked in , I couldn't pass in a dark room full of people wearing sunglasses. But I still like to wear lingerie and pantyhose is a big part of that. I love the way they hug my legs and rear. And the sensuous feeling of nylon legs rubbing against one another is to die for.

These days with my wife's approval I lounge around many nights in a pair of L'eggs Sheer Energy STW pantyhose and a nylon nightgown.

" Nothing beats a great pair of L'eggs",Diedre!😊

Pantyhose, yoga pants, anything soft, smooth, compressive and silky just feels so nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathi-Anne View Post
    Pantyhose are what got me started. I love the gripping feeling I get from my waist down to my toes. I think pantyhose feel electrically yummy 😊.
    NylonKath
    Yes those with a leotard to grip even more

Yoga pants on the yoga mat, and sometimes in winter leggings for outdoor running or opaque pantyhose under a skirt.

Heather loves heels Heather2die4's Avatar
    Pantyhose have been my drug of choice since I started dressing at 13. Not only do they stimulate all five senses but it's what they represent. All things feminine and beautiful. The feeling of pantyhose over shaved skin is just electric.

I keep mine in two groups: New, for wearing with skirts and dresses, and run for underdressing.

I do the same thing,Geena! I also love to spider my fingers along the soles of my pantyhose feet.😊

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

OMG, I'm loving all the responses.!!
    "The few,the proud,the PANTYHOSED"

hello Lindsay,
    I started crossdressing by wearing tights(Pantyhose) - I was young and did not know I was crossdressing - I just wanted to be Robin Hood!
    luv J

Look at my name. Hosiery hooked me early and it will seem (or seam) forever. So many have said it well. I love women in hosiery too.

brenda_s
    Enjoy the feeling and comfort of a pair of control-top mildly supportive hose (20-30 denier). Sheer enough, yet firm. Find them comfortable to wear and the mild compression is a delight.

Currently wearing a pair of Nordstrom Light Support pantyhose with an above the knee skirt and slip while I work.

I started wearing Pantie Hose many years ago, when told my leg circulation was so poor that I needed to wear support hose to avoid other issues. At first I hated it but over time, gained a fondness to this need for daily hose. Interesting that soon after I started to wear these, I went away from my typical men's briefs to women's panties as the fly material was causing an irritation under the control top of my medical grade support hose. I even tried using a garter belt and body glue for stockings as opposed to the pantie hose, but ended up wearing the full brief panties under the support top of my stockings as the best choice. As I grew older, a combination of prostrate meds, and low T resulted in substantial breast development, so for the past 10 years, I also wear a bra daily.
    There are days when I wonder why I just don't start dressing as female completely, but so far, other than ladies jeans, I am still in guy mode as my family would not appreciate a sudden change in outward appearances it seems.
    Girls have all the fun!!!