Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why are pantyhose so addictive

I?m a stay at home dresser, and a stockings and garters type of girl. Even more out of fashion than pantyhose but definitely feel the best on me. ? vale

I also usually go for gartered stockings. Although Pantyhose are better with short skirts. I like the way the top part looks around my waist and seeing panties thru the material! Very fem
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

As someone who's had this addiction for over 6 decades all I can say is I'm always surprised by how many women no longer wear hosiery.
    The feel of it on your skin and to the touch (especially the touch) and the way they make your legs look is incredible.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

~ Bondage & Pantyhose ~ cosmolovesph's Avatar
    I love them, see my screen name? LOL but seriously, the smoothing, the fit, the finish, the ability to change how you look or The shine with some really dress up your legs really makes your outfit go together. I am seeing more younger wearing again, more in the way of tights and some sheer tights.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Crissandra
    ~AKA - Cosmo-Loves-PantyHose~
    Don't forget to compliment those wearing pantyhose, as to how nice their legs look!

Let's face it, young women with great legs don't really need hose. Now that the the bare legged look has been accepted for clubwear and dressier occasions they are only going to wear them if it's part of a particular, usually dark coordinated outfit. Pantyhose were once a mandatory thing for work and dressier functions, but women aren't going to be dictated to in that way any more. Pantyhose have gotten a negative reputation with women because of those mandates.

I notice that there is still a Wolford's store in my area. I suspect their customer base is older women who are needing some help in the legs area, and can afford high end hosiery as part of their formal wear choices, and people like us.

I wouldn't be surprised if the people marketing these products are aware of how much of a percentage of their customer base we constitute. I'll bet, at this point, it's significant.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

Monica, They do in Europe. Young and old.

So whats the difference between pantyhose and tights? Is it just Us and Uk wording for the same thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie Birmingham View Post
    I love wearing ph. My wife not so much. She thinks cds and old people are the only ones keeping the business going. No women in her office wear ph. And with new relaxed dressing guidelines, almost noone wears skirts or dresses anymore.
    UK Tights is literally the world's largest online hosiery shop. In a blog written by UK Tights last year, they claimed that 40 - 45% of their customers are men.

To be realistic that doesn't necessarily mean that all those men are buying pantyhose for themselves... some may be purchasing for their wives, GFs, etc. Having said that, I think it's safe to assume that the vast majority are truly buying hose for themselves to wear.

Even yet, there are legions of males who enjoy wearing pantyhose but don't identify as being a CD. Donning pantyhose in itself is an act of crossdressing but if that's the full extent of their dressing, my humble opinion is that they aren't CDs, they're just men who like wearing pantyhose.

I wear stockings and they are addictive as well.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I won't say why I love them but, I just hate how easily they get runs, oops another $7.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Sorry, just wanted to add another thought to my recent reply...

Although women don't wear pantyhose as often anymore, there are still many who continue buying and wearing hosiery. The high percentage of male customers online (according to the UK Tights statistic) makes sense. Men shop online for privacy reasons or embarrassment. When a lady needs a new pair of nylons, she simply buys a pair or two at the mall, grocery store, etc.

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Every now & then my passion for hose/tights will heat up, randomly & sporadically.

I just go with the flow. Though it does mean that much more lower-body maintenance... And sometimes I'm just not willing to put in the time & effort!

Nope, for a number of years now, I'm *waaaaaay* more into leggings!

Seriously, a lot of GG's have traded in their tight-stretchy-things-on-their-legs in the form of hose, for leggings!

So, it's not that the basic premise isn't there... Because it is. It's just that it's taken on a new life of its own.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Personally, I have never like pantyhose! Just kind of a hassle then I am already wearing a girdle and a corset.. So it's thigh highs or stockings or nothing for me! Have not owned a pair of pantyhose for over 10 years......
    You are a true woman! When I dress, its 80% fetish and 20% woman! I could easily go less fetish, I and I would love to, but life does not allow me that pleasure.

Love wearing pantyhose. Feels so nice.
    Amanda

Interesting that you should say addictive as that's how my wife views crossdressing - it's something I could give up if I really wanted to, just like smoking. Yeah right.

For me, it's very much a sensory thing. I love how they look on my legs, how they feel, even the cool temperature on pantyhose covered legs gives an endorphin rush (it's not a sexual turn on if you can appreciate the difference). That constriction that some talk of, I would describe as a glove-like feeling - it feels comforting. The range in pantyhose is also far more appealing than boring old male trousers. Do I wear opaque, sheer, patterned, coloured, black, tan etc. I swear I'd collect them the way some women collect shoes if I had the room to store them and time to wear them. So may they are addictive, who knows!
    My Flickr profile
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/142337725@N08/

Platinum Member
    Hi Lyndsay, See line #2 in my Signature, >Orchid**OO**
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I wear PH or tights every time I dress, not sure if I'd dress without....PH started it all with me, and the basis that build each outfit that I wear. I just love the silky feeling of my clothing (dresses,jeans, leatherette leggings etc etc...) rubbing against my hose, with every movement. I have no idea why women dumped them.
    Last edited by JaneAshland; 12-06-2021 at 10:06 PM.

I am always wearing Pantyhose. They are to me very comfortable if you take the time to find the right size and brand. They also make the leg look almost flawless.

If I had to give up everything else about CDing, Pantyhose are the one thing I could never give up. So delicate and soft.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by KymG View Post
    So whats the difference between pantyhose and tights? Is it just Us and Uk wording for the same thing?
    Technically, pantyhose tend to be more sheer and tights more opaque. Opacity can be a combination of heavier yarn (higher denier) and/or denser knitting. In reality, many people use both words to describe whatever it is they slide over their legs.

For me, the feeling of nylons or tights on freshly shaven legs is euphoric.
    I am just a guy who enjoys wearing women's clothing and there is nothing wrong with that.

Always tights. Or 'hose'! Both non-sexy descriptions. Nothing glamorous or OTT about being a woman when I could pretend to be, just regular women's clothes. Never having to worry about holdups showing when sitting down in a short skirt. Makes sense
    Last edited by it's Kirsty!; 12-07-2021 at 05:20 PM. Reason: typing on mobile phone is clumsy

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MonicaPVD View Post
    Technically, pantyhose tend to be more sheer and tights more opaque. Opacity can be a combination of heavier yarn (higher denier) and/or denser knitting.
    And then you can get into that middle ground... A hose/tights hybrid!

Maybe something in a true 40-50 denier range -- preferably at least decent-quality?

Also, some lightweight performance leggings (again, at least decent-quality), can seriously take the hose/tights feeling to a whole new realm!

But yeah, anything of this nature can be quite sensual -- and addictive.

Some sort of physiological thingy?

I love being a girl
    It is not pantyhose I am addicted to, rather the soft , sensuous and silky material against my legs. Yes, I wear ph regularly because they are quicker and easier to put on. However, when I have more time and I am dressing more for my enjoyment stockings and suspenders are my chosen attire. I find them much more feminine than ph. I love every bit about them; especially sitting down and rolling them up my legs and attaching them to the suspenders, or OBG.

Love thigh-highs and a garter belt for the look and the feel. Love tights and leggings for the look and the warmth (and the feel). Leggings I'll wear around friends but not usually in public, although I'll wear any of the above in public under jeans. Lately, at least when I'm home with no one but my amazing wife around, I'm more into the fishnet pantyhose and bodystockings. Don't know why, just my latest thing.

Just another 'Gurl'
    While I do enjoy stockings with garters for certain occasions, generally I prefer to wear pantyhose or tights.
    Just another man in a dress