Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Makeup to stay at home

Makeup to stay at home

I lost the will to put makeup on just to stay in the house, I dress, but it doesnt feel the same without makeup on. I only see the point of getting fully dressed if im going out shopping or clubbing which obviously I cant do all the time. Even though my wife doesnt care if I do dress with makeup at home, just lost the will to do the full monty only if Im going out. Am I on my own with these feelings ?

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    That is interesting. I feel I MUST wear makeup or I am not really "dressing" at all. Do you see "Debs" as "Yourself?" In MY case, I see "Marina" as "NOT ME" and I cannot be "Not Me" without a different face.---So I must wear makeup to change into Marina.---Home or not. I find the psychology of this CD stuff very interesting--- how some of us IDENTIFY with our female persona or some do not. or, like me, use it as an "escape".----And how it is reflected in what we wear or don't wear. And THIS is just the stuff I think about. OTHERS may have even MORE ideas and opinions.

I think it's very possible to do "makeup" without doing full-out glam all the time. Even at home, it would depend on the extent you are dressing at the moment. If you have a pretty new dress and are preparing some nice pictures to post, go full out - especially if you have those kinds of skills, show us all! But if its a casual day, and there are a lot of ways to look great in a casual setting, well, less can be more!

Deb, I rather think that this is just part of the evolution of your CD persona and I'd expect each of us has seen our goals and desires change. I know mine have, from only the more dressy and sexy clothes and fabrics to now whatever femme clothing will let me walk through public places. I also expect that it will change again and the only thing I'm sure of is that I will try to enjoy it as much as possible!

Platinum Member
    I don't do the full makeup every time but eye liner mascara and lipstick are a
    Every day thing but i love the feel and makes him Wendy

to be honest i loved putting on the make up, even if only to share a picture with the peeps here....but as of now i still use masks when out and about because of the convenience and ease of use, no make up removal when going home to a mom who does not want to see it....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Marina, you are right, I don't feel Debs until im fully dressed with full makeup, part makeup would not do it, Jamie, your right am evolving all the time, was a time walking in public was soooo scary, Mykell wish I was young like you 21 maybe, lol, but full makeup required or not whole as Debs

Platinum Member
    Some days, yes, particularly if I know I am going to be doing something grudgy?. But on other days I will get fully made up just for myself

I have to wear makeup to feel fully dressed.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Even just the smell of foundation and other parts of my makeup (not perfume), make me feel a woman and transform me.

Debs,

Yep, I do not bother with makeup at all unless I am going out - which typically means clubbing in the evenings.

When I dress at home, i am mostly trying out clothing to see how it would look for my next outing. It takes a lot of effort for me to transform.

Sandi

Sandi, takes me hours for makeup, one smudge, which you can never correct, its all off start again, lol

Reality Check
    It seems many of the folks here consider makeup to be as important to crossdressing as a bra and breast forms. I do not share those feelings.

Most of the women in my life wear little or no makeup for everyday activities. They may wear some for special occasions like dinner in a nice restaurant or going to a club or bar, but not for a trip to Walmart or the grocery store.

Personally, I almost always put on some beard cover and lipstick, but that's the extent of it. Sometimes I don't even do that but I do shave.

We are all different and we are all free to do whatever we want.
    Krisi

Platinum Member
    I'm with Krisi. When I was younger there was a mindset to do it all; makeup and nail polish. It was time consuming to apply and time consuming to remove. Eye lashes and fake nails, too. If I was at home, what was the point? I was not standing in front of a mirror. I was doing domestic chores, cooking, baking; or leisurely reading or eating breakfast or lunch. The mirrors in our home are in the bathroom or the bedroom. I'm not even going to see myself. Probably the last time I "did it all" was when my wife was out of state for over a week. It was 24/7 time. I had on full makeup and nail polish. The telephone rang. It was an emergency of sorts. Our daughter-in-law locked herself out of the house. She had to get to work and take our granddaughter to school. Please, bring over your key to the house, she said. That was the fastest removal of clothes, makeup and nail polish. That's when I said to myself. What women wears makeup when she is just hanging out at home? Nobody I know. My wife just wore lip color when she was still working. Even into her late late sixties she needed no makeup; smooth skin and great complexion. If I want to feel somewhat more feminine, then I will put on lipstick so it will leave that telling sign on the rim of my coffee cup.

Not alone at all.
    Since we retired and moved I've been dressing nearly every day. Especially last year with all the Covid restrictions and it got a bit "strange" doing my makeup daily just to sit around the house. Maybe I've become more of an "average" woman these days, but makeup isn't a big thing unless I'm going out somewhere.
    Typically the ro9utine now is just a touch of mascara, highlight my brows and a bit of lip gloss and I'm good. It's not that I don't want to put my best face forward for my wife, it's just kind of "why?". She doesn't do it around the house and I'm sure most women don't.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

So far, I haven?t lost the feeling. I start each day with moisturizer, light eyebrows, a touch of concealer around eyes, eye shadow, a touch of mascara, lipstick and a flit of my favorite perfume. Sometimes more, sometimes less. This is followed by the enjoyment of deciding what to wear..hose, always.

Partly due to being an undeclared DADT relationship and having limited Home Alone time, makeup is something reserved for special times. That said I've got to the position where I try to be as "normally female" as I can and for me that means from my observations, most women who are just pottering around the house or making a quick trip to a convenience store, don't bother with much if any makeup. perhaps a bit of mascara and lippy but not much else.

So I'm quiet happy to dress indoors sans makeup and if I do look in a mirror it's from the neck down that I look at.
    Last edited by Helen_Highwater; 12-09-2021 at 05:37 AM.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Full makeup,nails,lashes brows and perfume all necessary when I dress either just at home or going out. Otherwise I feel I like look like a man in a dress which of course is true but I don’ t want to LOOK like that. Takes over an hour minimum.
    Last edited by Cheshire girl; 12-08-2021 at 06:14 PM. Reason: Punctuation

For me, crossdressing is all about the clothes.

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    I've gotten more casual as I've agreed. Started feeling comfortable with much less makeup running errands. Don't really bother if no one will see me.

Agree with Gale all about the clothes. Not good with makeup. Nor do I have the time or opportunities due to circumstances So I make the most of the limitations. Most opportunities are home alone and no makeup. I enjoy the dressing and wouldn?t pass .So whatever feels good I do it.. Nobody is hurt , happy days.

Makeup is hard for me because I have vision issues. Lately I only put it on when I have a reason to; like a support meeting or an outing of some sort, or just to practice, which, admittedly, I need a lot of.

At fantasia fair I wore it all day every day, but without a reason, no.

One of the reasons I am having my beard removed is so I won't have a shadow when not wearing makeup.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

I know it's kind of pointless for me to focus so much on makeup since I don't go out en femme (other than driving around town a bit), but I just don't feel fully transformed without it. If I don't have time to do my face, I'm likely to skip the whole thing because it'll be unsatisfying.

I generally don't dress if I'm not going out somewhere in public. Makeup is an essential part of my presentation. I may be staying at home much of the day (or night) after going out somewhere. Unless I'm doing something in guy mode after being out as Phoebe I generally keep the makeup, wig, clothes, etc. on until time to go to bed. I don't really care to present as part man, part woman even if I am alone.
    Phoebe

When I'm staying in -- which is most of the time -- I often don't go beyond putting on lipstick. I enjoy the smell of it and seeing it on my coffee cup or wine glass, so it adds a lot to the experience. I believe there are plenty cisgender (most of them?) who don't like putting on makeup if they're not going to be around someone else. It feels mandatory for going out because it makes me feel less like I'll be "read". The funny thing is that I believe if I were a GG, I would be one of the ones who don't wear it at all. Go figure.
    Nancy
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life that you love, you have to find the courage to live it." -- John Irving