Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are ALL crossdresser transgender?

I believe everyone is gender non-binary, having both masculine and feminine traits, thoughts, behaviors, and identifications. If you equate non-binary with transgender, then, everyone is transgender, to varying degrees, and therefore, all crossdressers are transgender. Not to be confused with male and female genetics and birth assignment. Also not to be confused with man and woman, which are societal and cultural constructs.

Julie
    Last edited by Julie MA; 12-09-2021 at 04:24 PM.
    Inside my heart is breaking
    My make-up may be flaking
    But my smile still stays on

I NEVER go bare-legged! Kimberly A.'s Avatar
    Hi Debs, I second that! LOL..... When I'm en femme, I don't wanna get out of it sometimes, but I know that I have to and it sucks.
    My YouTube channel: Kimberly A.

You’ll not reach a consensus on determining whether all, none, or some CDers are trans, for the simple reason that everyone defines being "trans" differently. The various personal definitions run the gamut from feeling that one is a woman and wanting to transition to feeling feminine only when wearing the clothes, and from enjoying sex with men as one’s "true" gender to only enjoying the fantasy of being a "woman" with a man.

Even the Oxford dictionary definition is ambiguous: "transgender: denoting or relating to a person whose sense of personal identity and gender does not correspond with their birth sex." So does "not correspond with their birth sex" mean all the time? Some of the time? Only when dressed? Only when dressed a certain way? And is appearing in male mode for work and with the wife and kids excruciatingly painful? No big deal?

Also the DSM-5 states that the condition of Gender Dysphoria "must also be associated with clinically significant distress or impairment in social, occupational, or other important areas of functioning". This means an inability to cope with life presenting as a man - experiencing debilitating anxiety and major clinical depression unless one is able to live as one’s true gender. But does this mean all the time? Part of the time with male-mode being tolerable the rest of the time?

You can ask 10 people these questions and you’ll get 10 different answers.
    Reine

Hi, GaleWarning. I meant no disrespect, whatsoever and I'm sorry if you took it that way..... I was simply implying that for one, not all CD'ers are transgender, which seems to be the consensus here and everyone agrees on that. Secondly, I do still believe that while I said, (and I think you may've misunderstood me as well), that CD'ing is a step below transitioning, so please allow me to re-phrase. From what I've gathered, CD'ing for most if not all transgenders is the next step, or perhaps the first step into transitioning. Now of course, I cannot be 100% sure about that myself, because I'm not trans. But please, do not take what I said as an insult on you or anyone else who is trans, because that's not how I meant it. I have the utmost respect for everyone here and everyone who is a CD or transgender, or anyone who identifies as being LGBTQ.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Now, I will once again reply to all because there were so many comments to my original post..... I agree with some of what y'all said, and disagree with some. The reason I disagree with some is, I do NOT believe that everyone is non-binary, or gender-fluid or that everyone has masculine and feminine traits. I have also, on more than one occasion said that aside from my feminine side, I'm quite masculine myself in my "male mode". Other than CD'ing once or twice a week, I'm 100% male and I'm happy with myself. I'm very happy being a CD'er and having male anatomy. I do not identify with the LGBTQ community at all, (although some might wanna argue with me on that, that's fine), but I choose not to identify as such. I'm not a lesbian, (obviously cause I'm not a female), I'm not gay, bi, transgender, or whatever the Q stands for. LOL..... I'm not non-binary or gender-fluid either, I'm not confused as what's between my legs. If I had to, I COULD stop being a CD'er although it would be difficult and I would miss being Kimberly. I do not believe that all CD'ers are trans and that every CD'er has the desire to be trans either.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I think a major problem with this kind of question happened when Transgender became a synonym for Transexual in many people's minds. I loved the term Transgender as an umbrella term that covered the entire range of behaviors, presentation, self-identification and choices once a person challenged or wandered off the Cis Heteronormative path. I used the term Transgender to describe me when I was just starting to crossdress as well as after I started to transition. It's not worth arguing over now, and it may be that we eventually need to define pronouns and where we are on the gender spectrum when we meet someone.

Or, and even better, just move away from the labels and as long as we are treated with some respect, not worry about it.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah Doepner View Post
    I think a major problem with this kind of question happened when Transgender became a synonym for Transexual in many people's minds.
    I agree. But I think people began using the umbrella term "transgender" as a substitute for everything because no one could agree on definitions for transsexual, crossdresser, non-binary, gender fluid, etc, etc, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by GaleWarning View Post

Please show me and others like myself some respect!
    I took it that Kimberly A was describing the severity of the condition rather than ascribing worthiness. It's just that some people feel the need to dress more often than others, yet no one is "worth" more or less than anyone else.
    Reine

The old joke goes: "What's the difference between a crossdresser and a transgender person?" "Two years!"

That aside, I'd bet that most transgendered people dabbled in clothing of the opposite sex before they ever mentally committed to transitioning.

Are all Crossdressers Transgender? I hope not, or else I'd have to repeal my membership.

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    Transgender is when one IDENTIFIES with the opposite biosex. Homosexual is when one is attracted to the same biosex. Bisexual is an attraction to either biosex. ALL have been known to Cross-Dress. (the verb) A Crossdresser (noun) (or transvestite) is generally designated so because they are none of the former. SO he is assumed to be otherwise "Straight". It is understandable why a transsexual/Transgendered person would also cross dress. and Gays are known for it too.----But we already have TERMS to call them. The straight guy who just cross-dresses has no other term So a CROSS DRESSER is a straight person who cross-dresses and has no other issues.----I kind of like textbook definitions, being a Scientist, anyway. One cannot talk about or even think straight about things one has no set definition for.---We THINK in words. Some people still use childhood and teenager definitions for such things and remained confused even into adulthood. Later day Political exploitation also has a role in further confusion.---Folks need to decide on proper definitions and stick with them.---At least for their own logical analysis. And make sure you are on the "same page" with others you talk to about it. ---If a person says, "they don't like labels" it means they prefer to think and work with nebulous concepts at best, and cannot have a clear understanding of the subject matter.

I find it much easier to interact socially presenting as female.

Marion

CDing might be part of the journey to fully transitioning. I just don't feel it can be classified as a "step below" transitioning.

I am late to the party.

The main issue here is the meaning of these terms. The meaning of the terms do evolve over time. When I first looked (many years ago), the group who just want to wear cloth of opposite sex but otherwise happy with where they are is called "transvestite". The group who wanted to alter their genital is called "transsexual".

Things are different over the decades. The term "transgender" (as the T in LGBT) is invented to cover the whole spectrum of gender variant people, including transvestite and transsexual (because both these two terms starts with a root "trans"). The term "crossdresser" is used more and more in place of transvestite.

The confusion is that people somewhat wrongfully equate "transgender" with "transsexual", because "crossdresser" is not "trans". That is wrong. Crossdressers are a part on the transgender spectrum and belongs to under the overall transgender umbrella.
    Leslie's Advanture into the Unknown - http://lesliesd.weebly.com/

I believe yes, because it is a spectrum in my humble opinion.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Kelly View Post
    Oh, thank goodness. Someone has revived the "labels" debate. This dead horse was overdue for another beating.
    What she said, but the answer is yes, crossdressing is part of the transgender spectrum.
    I'm Sun-Dee at Kandi's Land; read about my outings here:

https://www.kandis-land.com/author/dee/

I think the delineation exists right at the point where your reasons for dressing are for thrills or because it completes you as a person. I fall into the latter camp but started off in the first and although I have no plans to to take it any further, I consider myself to be TG to some extent, a conclusion that I initially fought for a long time.

I totally get what you are saying. We all have some desire, at various levels, to associate with the female within us, and address, for lack of better words, a femininity gene that drives us to female clothing and appearance. You can define as many levels, from just wearing, touching a few pieces of clothing to fully transitioning to a female. I started many years ago just wearing pantyhose, then added a bra, shoes, dress, makeup, wig etc etc until I now dress completely as a woman when I can. It relaxes me, calms me down. Nothing wrong with trying to define, categorize, and/or figure out what the heck is driving us...then again, it does not really matter, just relax, and be yourself. I wish I understood this years ago, as I am sure I would of taken a different path in life. Some of us don't care, we just do it, and others are trying to analyze and figure out what is going on inside our bodies. Nothing wrong with either.
    Last edited by JaneAshland; 12-09-2021 at 11:49 PM. Reason: Not necessary to quote the OP

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHiddenMe View Post
    What she said, but the answer is yes, crossdressing is part of the transgender spectrum.
    Transgender DO Cross-dress---but that is the VERB. A "Crossdresser" is a STRAIGHT person who cross-dresses for NO Trans-Gender based reasons. Usually as a heterosexual fetish, escapism, "taboo-tripping" and SM among others. There IS a difference. Not being attracted to same sex or identifying with the other is an entirely different psychology. A Gay guy might Cross-Dress, but he is GAY, not a "Crossdresser". Really, "Transvestite" is a better term, but it is somewhat archaic nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by LeslieSD View Post
    The confusion is that people somewhat wrongfully equate "transgender" with "transsexual", because "crossdresser" is not "trans". That is wrong. Crossdressers are a part on the transgender spectrum and belongs to under the overall transgender umbrella.
    Leslie, I have to disagree with you..... Tbh, I think this whole thing is becoming less and less about facts and more and more about people's opinions and perspectives. Anyway, the reason I disagree with you there is because I am NOT transgender. Now, if you're using "transvestite" interchangeably with "crossdresser", as in a crossdresser is the same as a transvestite then yes, ok I have no problem with that or with being known as a "transvestite". But, the way I understand it is, if you're ONLY a CD'er and you're not trying to completely turn yourself into the opposite gender, then you are not a transgender, which is the case with me..... Am I correct on that or not? Also, I am NOT transgender and I feel that I do not belong under the "transgender umbrella". If I were turning myself into a woman, then yes, I would be trans but I am not doing that. I haven't had, nor will I ever have any cosmetic surgery to change my features from masculine to feminine, or any SRS, nor will I ever begin HRT..... Therefore, I AM NOT TRANSGENDER!!

Quote Originally Posted by MarinaTwelve200 View Post
    Transgender is when one IDENTIFIES with the opposite biosex. Homosexual is when one is attracted to the same biosex. Bisexual is an attraction to either biosex. ALL have been known to Cross-Dress. .
    Marina, I have to disagree with you there as well..... NOT all gays, bi's or lesbians have been known to crossdress. There are some quite masculine gay men, and quite feminine lesbians, (or so I've read) who would never wear the clothing of the opposite gender.
    Last edited by Kimberly A.; 12-09-2021 at 11:01 PM.

This thread is done

Labels cause , arguing, hurt feelings ect . we often fail to remember that at the core we are all human.

Everyone has their Reality and life and not everyone is the same .

Remember that !

I am done editing this post .
    Last edited by Di; 12-10-2021 at 06:29 AM.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator