Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: how old were you?

I kind of started when I was 12-13 wearing my sisters panties. I kind of dabbled in it
    in my 40-50's wearing pantyhose or panties that I bought. When I was in my early 60's
    I dressed more, until retirement when I went to where I'm today.

I started at 10. At 16 went on holiday with cousins. Saw my 16 yr old female cousin dressed up for 1st time full makeup. Dress and nylons. I thought that I wanted to be like her.17 to 21 started buying my own feminine clothes., wig etc.Got married at 28 thought it would go away Had kids aged 32 onwards purged for what I thought would be the last time. Age 47 father died CD came back to me with a vengeance started buying fem stuff again. Wife discovered stash made me purge threatened marriage would be over.Had a breakdown came out to mother. That?s when I realised it was not going to go away. Had fem wardrobe at mothers house for 10 yrs. Used to dress at least once a week there. Mother passed away last year. Now aged 57 limited opportunities. DADT Wife doesn?t accept at all . Like Karen . I still don?t know who I am but have accepted it will be with me for the rest of my life.

I was 5 or 6 when I had my first experience, thanks to next door neighbor sisters who invited me to join them in ?dress up?. I recall, initially, it was no big deal, until I slipped on nylon stockings. That?s when my life changed. All I could think of was when can I wear hose again. It wasn?t until later I progressed to wearing other things and become aware that these desires were a part of me. I wore a garter belt or OBG with stockings underneath often. As we all probably know, things just progressed. I dress daily, always panties, thigh highs and bra. Interesting note, while hose are my #1, I?ve recently developed a real enjoyment of wearing underwire bras. I wear one most of the time. Yes, I?ve received a few glances, but..who cares. My enjoyment I owe to my wonderful, supportive wife.

I was around 10 when I discovered my mother’s girdle and stockings in her dresser drawer. I slipped them on and was immediately hooked. I progressed to my sister’s panties, dresses and blouses. I kept Monique pretty much in the closet for many years, but when I retired, she started kicking and screaming to get out. Now, I’m content to wear panties and a sports bra 24/7, with my wife’s blessing. I don’t know how far it will go, but I’m enjoying the ride.
    Honoring the woman within

It started when I was around 5 my mom and older sister would find me in the lingerie section of the store looking at and feeling the bras and panties. Then when I was 10 I started wearing my sisters bra and panties she was 13 then she found me felling and looking at hers that she left on her bed. She said you would like to wear them I said yes. My sister let me wear them. Then one day my mother gave me a hug and she felt the bra and then the panties. She said boys don?t wear these. But my sister still let wear them when I asked. About two months went by and my mom found me wearing them again she said why I said I like wearing them after she thought about it she said I should have seen this by the way you look and feel them at the store. She then said if you want to wear them you have to buy your own so with some allowance money I had saved when went to the store I bought two bras blue and black and black and blue panties. Now at 58 I still wear panties and a bra everyday. That?s all I am a under dresser.

I was 5 or 6 myself when I first started trying on Mom's slips and panties. Although there has long stretches since where I haven't dressed, the feeling has never left me.
    I now live on my own (save for my 87 year old mother who is staying with me for a few months) and generally dress most evenings and all weekend. My femme stuff has been stored while Mom is here but I almost feel like showing her my extensive wardrobe as a kind of thanks. I won't but I do feel grateful for her gentle admonition all those years ago when she quite privately told me that little boys don't wear ladies clothes. Some times they do Ma, sometimes they do...
    The most common form of despair is not being who you are. - Soren Kierkegaard

I began at about age 6 and by my teens I just knew this was me and that I would never give let it go.

I started in my early teens with wearing my mother's tights and swim suits. It was the 80's and the whole aerobicize craze was in full force. She would hang her items to dry on the door in my bathroom. I think I've finally gotten to that point where I don't question my dressing anymore. It's just something that I enjoy doing.
    I am just a guy who enjoys wearing women's clothing and there is nothing wrong with that.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    50 plus!

Drops mic!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Another late bloomer here, starting at about age 55. It began as just a kinky lark, but I quite quickly realized I just preferred dressing as a woman.

Aged five or six, started playing dress up with some neighbours daughters, but my real epiphany came at 13 when home alone one evening. I went into my older sister's room, and changed into some of her clothes. I can still remember the whole outfit, and the feeling when I saw myself in a full length mirror. That was 58 years ago, but the thrill remains the same.

For me it was really late in my life I loved the feel of my wife silk nightdress when she wore one and then one day one was laying on the bed when she had gone out so tried it on and loved it so this became a passion of mine when she was out, then i also liked rubbing my hands on her legs when she had nice stockings on so again one day I tried a pair on and was hooked, by this time I was about 45 years old, I then wondered what it would be like to wear some lengerie but she was a lot slimmer than me so this was not possible and i really wanted to try some heels but again her shoe size was small, so all i could do was slip on one of her dresses but not zip it up, then we had a Miss club competition and I joked how funny it would be for a bloke to get dressed up and enter, my wife thought that was funny and suggested that we give it a go so of to an op shop we went and she helped get me a dress, shoes and a bra and a wig, then she got ne new pantie hose, when the day came she dressed me and did some make up, I was in heaven and we went to the club and it was a laugh but deep down it felt amazing, after this night she took everything back to the op shop, but I wanted to dress again, so all I could do was revert to trying on some of her things. Roll on some 20 years and I was travelling a lot for work and I went on line and bought some cloths and shoes so I could dress completely at my overnight hotels and enjoy it once again.

I don't really remember what age I was when I put on my first article of women's clothing. When I got married and thought I was rid of it forever, surprise, surprise two weeks back from our honeymoon there was a pair of pantyhose on the floor. As soon as I put her pantyhose on was the first day I realized how serious it was. I was 24 then and now 58 it still hasn't gone anywhere.

Platinum Member
    Preschool aged, but I cannot say exactly how old I was?.perhaps 4 or 5.

I?m probably in the minority?. I?ve really had the ?urge? since a young age. But never acted on it til I was 34. 38 now??..

I love being a girl
    I was in primary school when I was hooked. First my sisters frilly tennis knickers, before progressing to my mothers lingerie drawer.
    I love being a girl

If I think back i remember trying on my moms bra once. I remember i liked it. I never really went anywhere with it, but itn was always on the back of my mind. Fastforward to my late 20s and my wife (at the time) were paying a game and i had to put on her bra. I didnt put the clasp on in the back. guess i kinda knew but didnt realize ME. As our divorce ended and some of her belongings left behind i would find 10 or 15 minutes here or there to try things on. Being a single Father with full custody, time is very limited. But now he has grown and gone and i have more time and have totally embraced this as me

Maybe it was around 6 or 7. I remember playing some silly game about superheros and spies with my brother. He said if i wanted to super man I would have to dress as a supergirl.
    So I did. The catch was I had to wear a bra and stuff it with some doll pillows. Anyway it was just that about two years later it seemed that every chance I got where I could dress as a girl I did. I reflected on it and figured that I was a bit different. And years later I still am.

I was 9 or 10 when I found a pair of my moms panties. When I was a bit older and could stay home by myself I got into her bras and girdle. It was an amazing feeling as I was entering puberty. I remember trying to look as sexy as I could and wondering if this meant I was gay. I had less chances to dress in my 20s and I thought when I got married it would go away. It didn?t. In fact, it got worse because my wife had some sexy undies and lingerie and I couldn?t resist. It seems this is a common thread among a lot of us here.

I’ve known who I was for as long as I can remember. I’ve only learned to love this side of me in the last three or four years.

I was about 8 years old when I first tried on some of my mom’s slips and other clothes, filched from the basement laundry room dryer. Liked how it felt, but kept nothing, and had no intention of doing more than trying them on.

By the time I was 12, I knew I was ‘different’, but stayed deeply in the closet, refusing to even consider non-straight impulses.

When I was 18, I started playing Dungeons and Dragons with male friends in the Navy. I found I enjoyed creating and playing female gaming characters, ‘to balance out the dungeon adventure party’, and did it so well that when that shifter to on-line gaming, my friends who had not met me in person were certain a woman was playing my female characters. Yet I still did not identify as female in real life.

I was 56 when I finally admitted I wanted to go out in public dressed as a woman. I had been in a straight marriage for 30 years, and was recently widowed. And as soon as I started going to nightclubs as Ceera, everything just felt so right, so self-validating, that I never looked back. My social life became almost entirely female.

But I was 60 before I admitted I wanted to fully transition, and live the rest of my life entirely as a woman.
    Last edited by Ceera; 12-14-2021 at 01:11 AM.

I can't remember a time when I didn't know I was "different." I always knew I should have been a girl.

I guess I'm still gaining new understanding of just what if all means - to me.

I think I was around 9-10 when I found myself wearing my sisters ot mothers things when ever I had the chance.

For nearly 50 years, I was lost in confusion and stress over that female part of me that was seeking to break out. I hid it and shoved it aside many times as I had a real life, family and career to focus on. Still the thought of being a woman and being properly enfemme was always there.

Twenty years ago, I started to let the "cat out of the bag" and admit to the need to start expressing that inner feeling. Now it has been a steady evolution to where I am today. It is helpful that my spouse finally accepted this special part of me. I now have the confidence to be the woman I was meant to be when the opportunity presents itself. I get out a reasonable amount of time as Sarah; have wonderful Tgirl friends to share these times with; and I am now able to be out in public and present myself as a mature, stylish woman.
    Sarah Adams, mature girl from NH. My photos are on Flickr under vintage4sarah !

My interest started around 4 or 5. When I finally admitted to myself that this is who I am and it is not going away I was over 40. When I finally decided what to do about it I was over 71 and I will let you know when that happens.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.