Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: how old were you?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

how old were you?

At what age did you feel or realize this was who you were? It seems the older I got the more secure with who i was and the more I enjoyed dressing up.

Just being true to myself Jolene Robertson's Avatar
    I was about 12 when I started but it wasn't till I was in my 50's that I realized it wasn't going away and was part of who I am.

I agree. I remember trying on bras etc at a early age, but then not doing that for many years. but as i got older the more the feelings of dressing got stronger. I will be 50 in march and have just now come to terms with this is ME!

Started at age 4-6 with a dress! Boys wear pants girls wear dresses!
    Mother bought pant suit! I told her (~15) she was not my mom, my mom wore dresses!
    Realizing it is me ~64-65! Gender me! New motto: Let yourself be yourself!
    Now out 24/7/365 and just being me!
    Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

I was around 10 when I discovered my mother’s girdle and stockings in her dresser drawer. I slipped them on and was immediately hooked. I progressed to my sister’s panties, dresses and blouses. I kept Monique pretty much in the closet for many years, but when I retired, she started kicking and screaming to get out. Now, I’m content to wear panties and a sports bra 24/7, with my wife’s blessing. I don’t know how far it will go, but I’m enjoying the ride.
    Honoring the woman within

I was 5 or 6 myself when I first started trying on Mom's slips and panties. Although there has long stretches since where I haven't dressed, the feeling has never left me.
    I now live on my own (save for my 87 year old mother who is staying with me for a few months) and generally dress most evenings and all weekend. My femme stuff has been stored while Mom is here but I almost feel like showing her my extensive wardrobe as a kind of thanks. I won't but I do feel grateful for her gentle admonition all those years ago when she quite privately told me that little boys don't wear ladies clothes. Some times they do Ma, sometimes they do...
    The most common form of despair is not being who you are. - Soren Kierkegaard

Rayne, when I was about 10 my mom dressed my brother and I up in girls clothing for a church Halloween contest, we didn't win as we were certainly not the only boys dressed this way. On a side note I have seen at least three boys in my neighborhood dressed as girls for Halloween but have no idea if they ever wore something feminine again. I will say that they were very comfortable, as if it was just a costume and no other indications that it was something more. I believe many of us would definitely have a bit of the pink fog on us and possibly raise some suspicions among those that know us.

The first time I dressed with any intention was at about 12 or 13, alone in a spare bedroom, and it very soon became quite the hobby. I progressed to full clothing and a wig, first did makeup and perfume at about 15 and for the past 45+ years have been chasing that magic feeling from back in those "first" days. I still measure this in terms of "firsts", with first steps outside, first time driving, first time going into a store and finally this week my first time going into a makeup store and just asking for help with the basics.

To the last point of your post, I also am feeling quite comfy with the activity and occasionally wonder if I'm too comfortable but I don't let that stop the magic of the pink fog! Walking in and out of stores, slowly looking through the racks for the perfect outfit, ordering a meal at Panera and sitting out in public are all just too fantastic, good luck on your travels.

I still have not figured who I am so I will let you knows when I figure it out, if ever.

I think you already have figured yourself out. You just need to be secure with who you are

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

I also would like to add that as i read your stories and get to know who you are, when I read you address me as Rayne and who I am, I feel a peace, a calm on me .. so THANK YOU

Another late bloomer here, starting at about age 55. It began as just a kinky lark, but I quite quickly realized I just preferred dressing as a woman.

Aged five or six, started playing dress up with some neighbours daughters, but my real epiphany came at 13 when home alone one evening. I went into my older sister's room, and changed into some of her clothes. I can still remember the whole outfit, and the feeling when I saw myself in a full length mirror. That was 58 years ago, but the thrill remains the same.

Started at about age 8. Been fighting for years but have had to acknowledge Claire is NOT going anywhere...

Started at 3 or 4 with the neighbor girls. As I got older the more, I dressed. By 12 my family would leave alone to visit my aunt and I would dress up and sit on the front pouch swing. Now 70 years later I can't get enough dressing.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Banned Read only
    Started at 3-4 years old when my sister and her friend put me in one of my sister's dresses. I was also used as a dress model as my mum was a seamstress at this time.

My mum put a stop to this as my parents could see I wanted to dress up a lot, and would always ask to be dressed up when I was 4-6.

By 5-6 I was taking my sister's underwear and hiding them in my room.

By 12 I was dressing in my sister's clothes whenever possible.

Come 18 I bought clothes for myself for the first time.

I then got seriously ill and didn't dress until I was early 20s, then met my wife and my desires just went away.

At 30 I had a massive desire to dress again, and realised I was transgender over the following 2 years.

I was 8 when I started and 44 when I decided to acknowledge that these feelings were NOT ever gonna go away and decided to just go with it!

I was 8 when I discovered women's clothing. I was well into my 40's before I realized this was something I really couldn't change. And I was 58 before I accepted this into my life and let it become part of me and who I am.

Six or seven. Been the same for a long time, as I'm the Beatles age ("When I'm 64"). Five years ago I made the decision to step out the door, and ever since I made that decision I've had a lot of fun.
    I'm Sun-Dee at Kandi's Land; read about my outings here:

https://www.kandis-land.com/author/dee/

Quote Originally Posted by TheHiddenMe View Post
    Six or seven. Five years ago I made the decision to step out the door, and ever since I made that decision I've had a lot of fun.
    Same for me, Six or seven.

I came to terms with, and began expressing this side of me publicly 3 years ago.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

If I think back i remember trying on my moms bra once. I remember i liked it. I never really went anywhere with it, but itn was always on the back of my mind. Fastforward to my late 20s and my wife (at the time) were paying a game and i had to put on her bra. I didnt put the clasp on in the back. guess i kinda knew but didnt realize ME. As our divorce ended and some of her belongings left behind i would find 10 or 15 minutes here or there to try things on. Being a single Father with full custody, time is very limited. But now he has grown and gone and i have more time and have totally embraced this as me

I'm with Karren -- I'll let you know when I figured it out. Every time I think I have it, something changes and I'm back to sorting it out again.

At 5. others told me who I was and it didn't agree with who I thought I was. It took me a long time to realize that I was right and they were wrong. I'm still trying to figure out who I am though.

I love being a girl
    I was in primary school when I was hooked. First my sisters frilly tennis knickers, before progressing to my mothers lingerie drawer.
    I love being a girl

I'm a little different. I had no childhood crossdressing experiences at all. My first came at age 28 when, as kind of a joke, I tried on my girlfriend's - later to become my wife - nightgown. I liked it a lot, told no one and buried the impulse to go further for many years. In my forties, I tried on my wife's pantyhose, and later a dress or two. Again I liked it a lot, but did not act upon it further for a good 25 years. This past summer, at age 69, I finally gave in, bought some clothing of my own, dressed up, and here I am. There is no going back or burying the impulse now. It is part of who I am, and probably always was. I find that I am now quite happy to be part of the CD community.

Platinum Member
    I am reading your question differently than some. Although I may have dabbled in my mother's lingerie draw as a teenager I was filled with self loathing and disgust. I thought I must have been a homosexual which was a negative thing back in the 1960's. Worse, I must have been a pervert. That was the common belief. Worthy of getting my head knocked in and thrown out of my home by my parents, if I was discovered. I still had issues with cross dressing into my 20's and 30's. I never went to counseling. I don't know what sort of counseling I would have received in the 1970's and 1980's. I don't think that was the "Age of Enlightenment."

I probably came to the realization of who I was in my 50's. I sort of weighed my pluses and minuses on the scale of life. The plus side totally dominates. Now the problems I have are really the problems of others unwilling to accept men and women who are different than themselves. Sure, the more secure one is with self, the more enjoyment or peace.

Did you purge out of self loathing or did you purge because of the potential negative consequences of your actions? There is a difference.

Ten. My mum's tights (pantyhose). Loved it then and love it even more now.