Thread: Party night

Party night

There's a regularly occurring CD/TG party in my area which I have been trying to gather the courage to attend for a long time. Aside from a couple of support groups, I never ventured out among us. I finally did and planned to go in March 2020. The day of the event I wasn't feeling well and decided to skip it and go the next month. We all know what happened with that plan.

They resumed a few months ago and I went to the December holiday event. I got a makeover and my nails done and wore my red dress.

This was one of those things where, in hindsight, I wish I did a long time before. Met people, chatted, even got dragged into the holiday outfit contest. Didn't win but got some votes. Normally that kind of thing is out of my comfort zone. Certainly something to do again.
    Last edited by melissalynn; 12-13-2021 at 07:30 PM.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    This is a MUST READ post for all u new bees out there!

I hesitated meeting up with a monthly group of dressers near me for a year! Had so much fun and met so many wonderful girls!

I try to attend every month now ! That was a year I wasted in my opinion!

If u know of a T girl get together near u? Get out there and meet your new girlfriends everyone!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Platinum Member
    Glad you had a positive experience, and I hope you have many more opportunities in the future!

So great that you could do that. I keep hoping that a local group here would be able to start in person meetings again, and that I could work up the time and nerve to attend. So happy for you.

I live in Virginia and have looked for a group gathering but haven?t found one. Any suggestions?

Glad you had a great time at your party.
    I miss the comradery of the support groups I used to belong to before we moved to the Poconos.
    I'd love to find a group again and get out with other ladies now and then. If anyone knows of one Please let me know.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Banned Read only
    Happy to read someone has been able to meet up with a social or support group. When my wife and I had "The Talk" back in the early 1980's she told me it was alright with her if I found a support group to attend. I looked. Nothing. No available resources. You end up living a secret life; hidden away in that closet. Humans are social animals. In some respect it can be living in a cage without bars. When you finally are ready to break free of that cage there may be really no place to go. Glad to hear you are spreading your wings.

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    Which group did you go to? I'm probably familiar. Glad you had a nice time and we're treated well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaiden View Post
    I live in Virginia and have looked for a group gathering but haven't found one. Any suggestions?
    There are two in the Northern Virginia area that I regularly attend

https://www.meetup.com/Washington-Transgender-Meetup/

https://www.meetup.com/DC-TransLadies-Community/
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.