After a lot of soul searching I finally decided to go ahead with the interview with the reporter of our small local newspaper. Knowing how newspapers like to do things their way and sometimes in so doing present a slightly different picture from the actual one, I have considered that there is nothing if anything to lose in doing this. If they get it too wrong, being a small paper ther could be a huge backlash afterwards, so they have got a lot to lose.
If anything if I can put our side of things properly it furthers the understanding of our community as a whole.
When I went into the newspapers office to arrange to meat the reporter I was told by the person in there that I was "incredible" to be able to do what I am doing, living my life dressed in womens clothes and feeling totally comfortable about it all. I asked, as far as they knew was I the only one in town who openly dressed and I was told that yes I was!!. For sure there must be more, maybe they are in the closet, so to speak, maybe to shy or whatever to "go out there".
For whatever reason I have, for sure found, reached a happy medium. And for that alone means I can live my life without worrying about who or what people may think. I think after all of this time just about all of the towns folk must know about me, and all for the better from my point of view.
I am looking forward to meeting with reporter and seeing and hearing what is wanted from them and what they want to hear from me.