Thread: Update, The media me and dressing

Update, The media me and dressing

After a lot of soul searching I finally decided to go ahead with the interview with the reporter of our small local newspaper. Knowing how newspapers like to do things their way and sometimes in so doing present a slightly different picture from the actual one, I have considered that there is nothing if anything to lose in doing this. If they get it too wrong, being a small paper ther could be a huge backlash afterwards, so they have got a lot to lose.
    If anything if I can put our side of things properly it furthers the understanding of our community as a whole.
    When I went into the newspapers office to arrange to meat the reporter I was told by the person in there that I was "incredible" to be able to do what I am doing, living my life dressed in womens clothes and feeling totally comfortable about it all. I asked, as far as they knew was I the only one in town who openly dressed and I was told that yes I was!!. For sure there must be more, maybe they are in the closet, so to speak, maybe to shy or whatever to "go out there".
    For whatever reason I have, for sure found, reached a happy medium. And for that alone means I can live my life without worrying about who or what people may think. I think after all of this time just about all of the towns folk must know about me, and all for the better from my point of view.
    I am looking forward to meeting with reporter and seeing and hearing what is wanted from them and what they want to hear from me.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Wishing you all the best with your interview! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Here's trusting it will all go well for you Bobbi. Kudos for being willing to inform.

Karen

I hope all goes well. I would be interested to read the article if you post it here. At least let us know how it went.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

I know I may well be sticking my neck out over this but having made the decision I must do this for the goodness that hopefully it will do us all. Of course being France the article is going into a French newspaper, when the article hets published I will need to get it translated properly and accurately and for sure I will give it to you all.
    Thank you all for your kind support! I loove you all.

Hi Bobbi, Knowing you and your sense of humor I expect it will be interesting to say the least. Good luck and we are looking forward to hearing how it goes.
    Crissy

Bobbi, I hope the article portrays you the way you want. Post a link if one exists.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I will do, I am still waiting for the reperter to contact me,as soon as i have something I will tell you everything

Platinum Member
    I think and hope that it all goes well, both the story and the down stream results. Since you are already living openly, there may be little if any adverse consequence.

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    Bobbi, thanks for being an ambassador for our community. I feel like media tends to portray the most outlandish, maybe not best parts of our community.
    Life is too short to be boring.

Knowing you, I think you must already be well accepted in your local area. That will count for a lot as now perhaps people will hear the backstory to who you are why you dress this way. There may be a few that will get critical - we know what their view is and there is no way to avoid that.

Maybe you can ask the reporter if you can see the article before it is published? Not so much to edit his or her work but to know what will be said so you can anticipate some things that may go against you. I doubt the reporter knows the kinds of things we know that can work against us.

Best of luck with it Bobbi.