Thread: A female presence?

A female presence?

I was the only boy in my family, deffinantly a strong female presence while i was growing up. As i got older i noticed i communicated better and easier with females vs. males. I had and, still do, have more female friends than male friends. The question that comes to mind is, is this why im more in touch with my feminine side? or is it because i have a feminine side so im able to relate to females better than males? Have any of you experienced or noticed a trend such as this?

Wish I could help you here, good luck.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Banned Read only
    Probably a little bit of both...

Interesting point. I grew up with just one older sister. In a rural neighborhood the only boys around were a bit older than me and could be a little bullying at times. The one neighbor had nothing but daughters, a couple were close to my age, and I hung around them quite a bit. That may have fed my feminine side. On the other hand, puberty hit a little early for me and I realized the differences in genders and became very shy around girls -- never dated in high school. I think it was my daughters who put me more at ease with females.

I love being a girl
    Ricky, I know exactly how you feel. I, too, was an only boy with two sisters and my father was often away for days at a time. Yes, I had plenty of male mates, but no real friends as I went through school. I played footy and did all the boy things, but I was always sneaking time to wear female clothes; whether they were my sisters, or as I grew older, my mothers. My best friends were my cousin, who was the same age as me, and her gf's. We were constantly playing together outside of school hours. Back then I was confused......and......I still am today xoxoxoxox
    I love being a girl

Ricky, I have a lot of older sisters. I do get along with women better than men, though I have more male friends, just because as a male it's easier to have male friends in society.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I have to go with the "nature" argument. Growing up, most friends were male, but I was always more comfortable with my female friends. Over the years, that became more pronounced and most of my closer friends were women. Not that I'd even really noticed, though. It wasn't until well into therapy that I tumbled to the realization that there was actually a simple reason that I preferred the company of women.
    Calling bigotry an "opinion" is like calling arsenic a "flavor".

Well, my wife blames my mother and my grandmother for my affliction! And I can not disagree. Think my dad did not really get involved in the child raising much and after the divorce. But I had already started down that path before they split. Think it was more my mother telling me I was supposed to have been born a girl, a lot, that sparked my interest.

Platinum Member
    The question I always have is "Why" me? My younger sister was born when I was twelve. I had an older brother. I was one of six male cousins; no females. Nobody dressed me up in girl attire for any reason. There would have been no suitable clothes to do that anyway. There were hardly any girls to play with. There must have been something in nature to cause all the women to replenish the male population after World War 2. It was play in the dirt. Climb trees. Play war or cowboys and Indians with the latest television induced toys. I was always in the principal's office. As a young adult I was in the infantry in Nam and did all those required by Uncle Sam. Still, I can totally relate to women. My PTSD counselor is of the opinion that each man or woman has some of the genetic dna of the opposite sex; in some people there is more than others. I suspect she is right. It would answer a lot of questions about the spectrum of sexuality; totally straight to totally gay and everything in between.

I was the middle of 2 boys, grew up (happily) in a neighborhood full of boys, but always found that I liked hanging out with the girls. As I got into puberty, I was guy shamed into hanging out with the guys playing sports, which I enjoyed. But I always secretly wanted to hang out with the girls and even through high school I had an easier time making friends with girls over the guys.

I always interacted easily with girls and women, but my bet is it has more to do with the fact that I respect them and find their discussion interesting than with my picking clothes from the same racks once in a while.
    I had siblings among which were two younger sisters, but the only female presence that had to do with my dressing was my mother (from whom I could borrow hose that was roughly my size) and ladies in spandex in Marvel and sci-fi comic books of the late seventies.

not new anymore just shy VickieBonne's Avatar
    Grew up with all boys... Had the occasional chat with mom, who'd say you were supposed to be my girl... But don't think that is related to my desires. I have better conversations with women. I enjoy their company more. I'm uncomfortable in conversations with men longer than the customary greetings...

How old are you? That may play a role. I didn't really learn how to converse with people I didn't know until I was in my 40s. The best thing I learned is to try to get the other person to talk about something he/she likes to talk about and then listen. It works well with all but the most reticent of people.

I have a sister. I always seem to have got on better with girls and women better than males. The women I know will chat about anything with me .