Thread: Quick Thinking!

Quick Thinking!

Over the past few months the push to dress has intensified to it's highest levels. Since I work from home, with the house to myself all day, this has meant dressing most days for work, even if that's just in a pencil skirt and heels.

Today was a skirt and heels day, nice 4" black shiny court stiletto heels and a spotty pleated knee high dress. Now my office faces my front door and has a window so anybody coming to the front door can see straight into my office. Over the last few months I've been keeping my curtains closed during dressing time but I'd become sad about having to always work in the dark. So over the last week I've been keeping my curtains open and I'd really discovered that our house was set back enough from the road that you could really only see my top half.... unless you came to the front door.

So you probably know where this is heading. I'm sat relaxed and working away when out the corner of my eye I spot the postman heading towards our front door with a parcel, I have about 3 seconds to make a decision. I'm now trapped since I can't stand up and walk out of my office as he'd clearly see my spotty skirt (the heels make me much taller!). I can't ignore him as he has parcel I need to take in and he's already waved to me through the window. Quick thinking, still sitting on my office chair I scoot across the floor to the window to open it and take the parcel. It looks slightly awkward but I think I styled it out but my heart is going like crazy.

I REALLY wish we I have to worry about pesky delivery people just appearing at the door and could just relax! Although it did make me realise that I've started to take more and more risks lately as I've become more comfortable with dressing. (I even almost locked myself out of the house yesterday when I stepped out in skirt and heels to walk outside and hadn't noticed the door closing behind me. Luckily I had enough time to dive and put my hand in the way before it closed and locked!)

We all take some risks when we decide to dress without considering unexpected events. Quick thinking helps, but sometimes we should have a set o pre-thinked answers for some situations.

Did you have to sign or show some kind of Id to the postman?

Normally I have an escape plan in case of unexpected callers (the bane of CD'ers lives!). I have drab clothes laid out ready in the hallway and I've practiced my emergency plan multiple times to ensure quick change (the things us CD'ers do!). However, normally I have my curtains closed so I have those extra spare seconds.

In this instance I didn't have to sign for anything, luckily the postman now signs for it himself in these COVID days.

Heels are easy enough to kick off. I have answered the door wearing a black tennis skirt. On several occasions. I'm making a wild guess but I'd say 99 percent of carriers that come to the door look you in the eye or at their handheld Device verses up and down. They want a signature so the can get on down the road. Anyone else I respond to thru my ring door bell.

Platinum Member
    Years ago my wife made me an ankle length warm robe. She is a late riser. I get up around 7:00 AM. As we sleep apart due to medical/snoring issues I sleep in a nightgown or slip. Today I am sitting here wearing a black bra and black panty under a longish Velrose black slip under my robe. Every morning when I arise I go out to check on my Christmas decorations (plenty of blow molds and light strings). It does not matter that our neighbor's living room window faces the entry way/walkway to our home. All they will see is a robed guy checking the lights.

Before my wife fully retired I would have several days a week of at least seven hours of Stephanie time. I always kept the front window drapes closed. The rest of the house has total privacy. If someone was to come to the door I never answered it. I would not answer the phone unless I had screened the call. If a neighbor were to say I had knocked and nobody answered, my retort was always "Oh, that was you. I was taking a shower. Sorry." The outer screen door was always locked so our kids, who have keys to the house, would not just walk in on me. Time to ditch the clothes if that happened.

Your postal carrier can probably tell you stories of all your neighbors that he caught crossdressing! Lol.

I have taken to keeping an ankle length robe in the back hallway where the coats are. That way I can easily go out to check the mail, bring in the paper, or bring out the compost.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

Did I tell the story about when I stepped out my back door to my private yard and there were 2 policemen standing there??????

Yeah, I got caught by an Amazon delivery. I saw him walking up the drive way. Just enough time to kick off my heels, put glasses on, and sweat pants. I?m sure he saw my makeup and hose. He just handed me the package and left. Probably wouldn?t have mattered if I didn?t panic. Maybe next time.

I really do not worry about the postal workers or other delivery people. It is not like they ever have time to chit chat with anyone as they have to move on to the next delivery- now my wife. That is another story. She is the one I have to worry about.

Sandi

Used to deliver air freight. The guys who came to the door in female attire didn't bother me at all. Now the naked ones---way different story.
    Pink is more than a color: its an attitude!

Banned Read only
    Long story short, a non-discreet package turned up unexpectedly early, and I couldn't risk it going back to the depot for redelivery the next day. I was dressed fully as a blending/age correct young lady look.

I had to take it or risk my wife seeing the package the next day, so I had to answer the door to the young post lady. She gave me a smile as if to say this is slightly awkward for you, but it's all fine, don't worry about it.

End of the day, I don't think they really care, and why should they?

Platinum Member
    Pro tip: The postal worker or UPS guy really do not care as long as they get to make their drop quickly, so if you can muster the resolve, do as I first did years ago: answer the door however I was dressed at the time (within reason?no lingerie shows from this girl!).

I walked out to the mail carrier at the curb dressed and got the mail nothing has ever been said.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

99% of mystery packages are just place in the vestibule without any interaction with the delivery person. That being said I have answered the door as Jamie without the delivery person even looking up from their hand held terminal.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

The only worry is when I have to open the door. I live in a mobile home and my doorway gives me a good view of the next home. When I first moved in I put sheets of mat board on all the windows except for the kitchen window over the sink with curtains and the bathroom window. After I covered the windows, my heating/cooling bill dropped a third. I do have nosy neighbors because they never get an invite to come inside. They all do not like anyone who is gay and tend to make people 'not like them' uncomfortable. I also keep a heave long bathrobe and towel handy. I slip into that attire to answer the door "lust like was on my way to take a bath".
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Wow, Debbie! Getting locked out of the house when dressed would be the worst. Are you thinking about hiding a spare key in a fake rock now?

Delivery drivers can be so unnerving! I tried out some options with my sweater dress on Sunday when, right in the middle of it I see the FedEx truck pull in. I discreetly peeked out the window, hoping it was just turning around (very common for me), but he pulled in and stopped. I had resolved to go to the door as is, if necessary, but the driver just dropped off the parcel and left. I was relieved, but also a little disappointed -- I was ready.

Now US Postal carriers are another issue for me. Living rural, we usually know the letter carrier (for most of my life it has been a relative) and they know other friends and relatives on their route. Wouldn't count on them keeping a secret.
    Last edited by Geena75; 12-14-2021 at 08:07 PM.