Over the past few months the push to dress has intensified to it's highest levels. Since I work from home, with the house to myself all day, this has meant dressing most days for work, even if that's just in a pencil skirt and heels.

Today was a skirt and heels day, nice 4" black shiny court stiletto heels and a spotty pleated knee high dress. Now my office faces my front door and has a window so anybody coming to the front door can see straight into my office. Over the last few months I've been keeping my curtains closed during dressing time but I'd become sad about having to always work in the dark. So over the last week I've been keeping my curtains open and I'd really discovered that our house was set back enough from the road that you could really only see my top half.... unless you came to the front door.

So you probably know where this is heading. I'm sat relaxed and working away when out the corner of my eye I spot the postman heading towards our front door with a parcel, I have about 3 seconds to make a decision. I'm now trapped since I can't stand up and walk out of my office as he'd clearly see my spotty skirt (the heels make me much taller!). I can't ignore him as he has parcel I need to take in and he's already waved to me through the window. Quick thinking, still sitting on my office chair I scoot across the floor to the window to open it and take the parcel. It looks slightly awkward but I think I styled it out but my heart is going like crazy.

I REALLY wish we I have to worry about pesky delivery people just appearing at the door and could just relax! Although it did make me realise that I've started to take more and more risks lately as I've become more comfortable with dressing. (I even almost locked myself out of the house yesterday when I stepped out in skirt and heels to walk outside and hadn't noticed the door closing behind me. Luckily I had enough time to dive and put my hand in the way before it closed and locked!)