Thread: Chickened out

Chickened out

Well today I have a eye exam with a new Dr. I was all dressed up and ready to go as Natalie.
    Last minute I chickened out. Removed most clothes and is here in drab mode. It is raining. No excuse. I do have some makeup on a little but I stopped myself.
    Darn it.

I will get some nice womens frames though. That is the main reason I am getting checked out.

Natalie

Hi Natalie. I've had a few outings where I've felt things aren't quite right for one reason or another and I've just gone home. In my opinion, if going out dressed up doesn't feel right at the time, best leave it to another day.

Your makeup skills are getting much better, your outfits are fantastic, your hair is perfect, what are you not sure about? I think you look beautiful and should've gone dressed as Natalie!

I know and you are correct. I just lost my nerve at the last possible moment. I should have just done it.

I had mascara and lipstick with my foundation on. I tried on womens frames. But I was not spending $500. I ordered a new womens pair on line for $150.

That is not chickening out, your name was not printed in the local paper! Or you could have had a relative crossdress on your behalf? I had done that many many times.

Chickening out may come from an 1864 Union Army enlistment practice in which a chicken was provided to each person who enlisted. The soldier would take the chicken home, clean, dress, and cook it for dinner because there was no refrigeration in those days. The next day he came back to ship off for the Union Army.

However, should he not come back, his name was printed in the local newspaper-very shameful to the family name - not like today. A relative with the same family name could fulfill the Army contract by enlisting instead of the original person. The Union Army didn't care as long as they got someone of worth.
    Last edited by Karren H; 12-14-2021 at 02:04 PM.

Nat, you was 99% there girl !!!

Platinum Member
    Oh well, there will be a next time. BTW, I did make a visit to the optometrist in girl mode. It went just fine

Natalie, I have never gone to the optomatrist en femme, so you're ahead of me for even trying. I wear rimless frames when dressed as Jamie.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Quote Originally Posted by Natalie5004 View Post
    I tried on womens frames. But I was not spending $500. I ordered a new women's pair online for $150.
    VisionWorks usually has a BOGO glasses sale around this time of year. Last time i got glasses I got gray wire-rimmed glasses for me and rode (pink) wire-rimmed glasses for Steffi (for free). The SA was arguing with me about whether or not I wanted pink glasses. I told her that I go. I have a skinny face and men's glasses are usually too wide. The pink glasses fit perfectly. Where is Goldilox when you need her.

In case it wasn't clear, my second (free) pair of glasses were pink women's glasses.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

You were close. There's always next time. I'm expecting to get new glasses next year and am telling myself that I'll be clear with the optician about my wish for frames that can do double duty, and that I'll visit the shop en femme in addition to in male mode. We'll see if I have both the courage and the motivation when the time comes.

Hope you can do something similar when dressed soon. I have bought glasses when fully dressed and it?s quite a milestone to make an appointment in your female name and go there and be right up close to the optician. Absolutely no problem when I went. It means your makeup gets a close check!

I had on mascara lipstick and some foundation. I asked the SA for fem glasses for me to check out. I found it would cost me $500. So forget that.
    I ordered my 2nd fem pair on line. $129. With auto sunglass.
    I am dressing about 4 days a week now. I really love getting all dolled up with full makeup and doing my hair.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    That is not chickening out, your name was not printed in the local paper! Or you could have had a relative crossdress on your behalf? I had done that many many times.

Chickening out may come from an 1864 Union Army enlistment practice in which a chicken was provided to each person who enlisted. The soldier would take the chicken home, clean, dress, and cook it for dinner because there was no refrigeration in those days. The next day he came back to ship off for the Union Army.

However, should he not come back, his name was printed in the local newspaper-very shameful to the family name - not like today. A relative with the same family name could fulfill the Army contract by enlisting instead of the original person. The Union Army didn't care as long as they got someone of worth.
    That's great info Karren. Every day's a school day.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I go out dressed all the time. But, never to vanilla venues.

Forgive me, I'm old and easily confused, Natalie. But, I can't help wondering why dressing for your optometrist was so important?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

It is not a big deal to go to the OP, but I have not been out lately. I really need a winter jacket. Maybe Santa will bring me one. I also asked Santa for some nice dangly earrings.

I just thought it would be another step in my outside confidence. Here is the deal, my wife knows I dress at home. She does not know that sometimes I stray outside as Natalie.

That is why there are not many pictures of me out and about.

I got nervous the other day going into the grocery store after being dressed up at work for three or four hours dressed. Seemed strange that after being dressed up with makeup for that long outside my house that I would worry about that.

I guess it's just going to happen, till it doesn't.

If you chickened out, at least consider yourself a hen , not a rooster.
    You?re way ahead of me - I?ve never been out in public. I like the idea of getting female marketed glasses.

I must say Natalie, you really have a great look going. I love the cut of your hair, especially with your makeup. You look gorgeous! And you recent photos from your other thread with your "Cinderella" outfit? Wow! Perfect. I think you are ready to hit the world!

OK, Let's go out together. Meet me in St. Louis.

Hi Natalie,

It happens to the best of us. I can't tell you how many times I have it in my head to go out wear something a lot less DRAB and I change my mind at the last minute. Then I say to myself .... next time. Next time comes and I try to push the envelope a little more. Baby steps.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

Ok, let's meet in the Spring before it gets too humid down there!

Now I need a reason to tell my wife how I need to go to St Louis with all my girly things. I will need two full suitcases. I might happen, really if we want to.

I heard in this forum before that it is expensive to look this cheap.

Natalie,

I posted about it not that long ago, but if you are in St Louis, the owner of the bar called Rehab is a crossdresser and drag performer. Obviously it is a welcoming place for people like us. We talked a bit while I was waiting for my ride. You are in California though right? Pretty long trip for you.

Sandi

Quote Originally Posted by Natalie5004 View Post
    Now I need a reason to tell my wife how I need to go to St Louis with all my girly things. I will need two full suitcases. I might happen, really if we want to.
    With the price of "extras" these days, just buy 2 tickets. Your "imaginary" friend can check one of your bags so you won't have to pay the extra bag fee.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.