Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Older Crossdressers

I just turned 69 and the desire to dress is as strong as it ever was. I underdress daily in bra and panties, have my body shaved from my neck down, and have my toenails painted a lovely pink. I don’t plan on slowing down anytime soon.
    Honoring the woman within

hello Debbie,
    I think dressing becomes easier when I/we get older. Perhaps because we are losing our inhibitions. Perhaps we realise that time is running out so why not enjoy ourselves? Certainly in retirement we have more time to get dressed without the fear of being outed by work colleagues.
    stay healthy!
    luv J

I just turned 52 and have been undersdressing for 40 years. Now with the house to my self and i work alone I'm buying the types of outfits I've always wanted. Who knows, maybe wigs and makeup next. I feel like I'm just getting started.

Thank you all for your replies to this thread. The consensus appears to be carry on regardless. Age should not be a barrier most seem to get better with practice and experience.I wholeheartedly agree.

Platinum Member
    I am 60 somthing i have been dressing for most of my life i think you could be older and still dress and go out with less worry at least for myself just enjoy who you are its a lot better than beind someone you dont want to be because your worrying abought people think abought

Put on your sexy undies a pair or leggings some cute booties long cute sweater and a nice bag do it....

Transwoman at 65! Enjoying life and now am 70! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Okay I'll give it a shot I've been dressing since teenage years had some tie off in the middle but never much. I'm 75 now so My age says I've seen a lot. I still dress although not much, Life is complex. I tend to enjoy it when I do I almost always dress to blend That means usually jeans and a nice blouse hardly ever heels. But when I get the chance to go out to clubs usually drag bars or drag clubs like LIPS here is San Diego it heels and shorter skirts and a little more glam in the makeup. Now that I have given my age it seems I am loosing a lot of interest in CDing. I have recently decided I would hit the town a mall crawl and then diner and a club. Well, I got dressed casual for the mall went out had no problem even tried on a few items. Then went home to change into something a little more dressy and I just wasn't into it. Even the mall crawl I didn't find to exciting actually kind of boring. So am I cured I don't know. Still check the CD web sites regularly but even finding them a bit boring.
    Maybe I'm just getting old I do hope the thrill isn't gone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

My desire to dress has actually increased over the years, so I guess I'll keep on dressing up. Though I'll probably look more retro as time goes on.

My dressing has definitely increased as I get older.
    The only reason for this is the pure fact that I have accepted who I am. And don't really care who knows.

I can't say the desire to dress has changed over the years.
    Only the self acceptance
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Now that I am a healthy 73, my passion to dress and be out with others has only increased. It has now become quality time as opposed to quantity time which is fine with me. Part of that since March of 2020 and the rise of Covid has been the infrequency of opportunities. I make the best of each day when Sarah can exist. I am still young at heart, but now with the knowledge that playing out the role of a classy mature woman is satisfying versus the young sassy single girl.
    Sarah Adams, mature girl from NH. My photos are on Flickr under vintage4sarah !

At 73, I spend more time dressed fem, than not. My dressing time has increased as I got older.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Trans has been with me as long as I can remember. The iterweb has been inspirational in understanding others out there are similar to me. If I dare to mention those on this forum, that I have learned from, they would certainly include Doc. as a youth I thought such things perverse Doc. Now I know they are simply natural fun, on the spectrum of who we are. Another is Karren Hutton, make up tips aside, your posts and struggles have always helped me shine.
    Last edited by Jane G; 12-27-2021 at 12:57 PM.

Suppression is not a cure. If there is one that isn't it. One must always come to terms with an unwanted behavior. Understand why it existed in the first place before behind it can be put to rest. If not? The behavior will return with a problematic vengeance.
    CANCER IS A BITCH SO YOU HAVE TO BE MORE OF A BITCH TO BEAT IT.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Some of us will never express to society who we are, is that our loss or societies? We know and enjoy who we are. Yes I would enjoy greater acceptance of this part of us. But there is so much more to life.

Its a great loss

Quote Originally Posted by Jane G View Post
    Some of us will never express to society who we are, is that our loss or societies? We know and enjoy who we are. Yes I would enjoy greater acceptance of this part of us. But there is so much more to life.
    Yes. It is a great loss to society. But if society, as a whole, is defined by the people in it then you are adding to it. Acceptance is not a prerequisite to being able to contribute to society. Acceptance comes later when people realize how foolish old stereotypes and thinking really were. Acceptance cant be forced. Forced acceptance is not acceptance at all. It is toleration.
    CANCER IS A BITCH SO YOU HAVE TO BE MORE OF A BITCH TO BEAT IT.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I'm 72 years old and started crossdressing in my early teens. I kept it up as often as work, family and other traditional limitations allowed. Finally, almost 2 years ago I finally stopped crossdressing. I have transitioned and live full time as a woman and have no desire to wear clothes designed for men. Crossdressing no longer speaks the same way to me, but I treasure all those years that helped me understand the path I was on and prepare me for this step. I have so many wonderful friends I never would have met were it not for crossdressing. My path isn't for everyone, but getting here was a joyful and rewarding journey.

Like a lot of girls here my dressing has increased as Ive gotten older. Specifically now that Im in my mid fifties. I think part of it is that I have more time now and I do it because I like it. Its fun relaxing and it makes me happy whereas before it was a way to ahem take care of a certain need. I also wonder if our falling testosterone level allows more estrogen to rear its head increasing our femininity. Food for thought.

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were?

-Satchel Page

I’m 73. Most of the people interact with are in their late teens to early thirties, and I’m one of the youngest. What I mean by that is that I am much more open to new ideas and less set in my ways than most of them. It’s surprising how many 20 something’s are closed minded.

Perhaps it’s something to do with crossdressing. It takes an open mind to accept crossdressing as a normal, if not necessary part of your life. My friends my age like 70’s rock and roll. As do I. I also have Lady Gaga’s latest album. They don’t. My favorite music is Opera. Most of my friends have never been to an opera. It boggles my mind.
    What do I do on days when I don't crossdress? I have no idea.

I agree with many of the sentiments expressed on this thread- the older I get, the bigger my desire to dress as a lady.

I'm 76 and didn't actually begin serious underdressing until I was 74. This entire journey is new to me. I have reached the stage where I wear panties 24/7, nighties and stockings to bed every night, and stockings and bralettes likely 80% of each day. I'd actually like to go the full route at home dressing in dresses, shoes (not heels), wigs, and make-up. But, in all seriousness, I don't see that happening anytime my wife is around.
    Last edited by Heather76; 01-14-2022 at 02:34 PM.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

I love my age at 59.....I look much, much better dressed than in guy mode. My GF opinion lol...Enjoy life to the fullest or live in regret.
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

I haven't visited the board in quite a while and this thread caught my eye. I'm now 82 and don't consciously CD any more, but many feminine items have become second nature in my life. I only wear GV Amanda jeans as I like their high waist. Cable knit turtleneck sweaters with their bulky collars are wonderful now that it's cold. I have the jeans and sweaters in several colors. Women's flats and boots are so much lighter than men's so that's all I wear. I pierced my ears during the first lock down and generally wear small hoops or studs. I learned to cut my own hair during the lock down and try to get it to look like Wendy Sherman's. I'm a widower but I did have a CD chat with my daughter last year so there will be no surprises for her when I die. She just bought me a mascara that she really likes. I keep my nails polished with Essie Shears to You and do indulge in lipstick occasionally. I guess I've evolved to a natural CD comfort zone. Perhaps androgyn?

Good comment, Since I don't consider myself older, only 75, but I still will give a comment. While I have not quit cding I have cut back a whole lot and I seem to have lost some of the desire. I have actually set aside time to practice my art and then just didn't. I just didn't feel like it and it was a bit of a hassle, couldn't be bothered. I use to jump at the chance and get rami when when there was no opportunity to practice and get out. I have been doing this for a long time and have been getting out to a variety of venues over the years. I think I tend to pass but then I have been busted when I least suspect. When some ones say, usually a GG, "you look good" or, the best one I heard was "you have the right to wear whatever you want". That popped my bubble, but it was still a fun outing. But I believe in keeping things fun. And I will continue to CD even if I have to force myself some days.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

I've been dressing better the 60 years.and I'm not stoping becose I'm old Im close to 74 Angie