Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Winter- Ugh - how cope?

With a dress, I wear a slip. With other things, I wear a camisole. Both are lacy looking and add to my enjoyment. Just as with hiking and biking, it's all about layers. As for a coat, look at the thrift stores, and I'm sure you'll find something reasonably priced.
    Nancy
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life that you love, you have to find the courage to live it." -- John Irving

Aspiring Member
    Layering, the art of wearing camisole under shell under sweater under jacket under vest and coat. I can wear several pretty, warm items at the same time, blend in, and feel warm and comfortable. On the lower half, tights or leggings keep me warm. They now make fleece lined tights that look like pantyhose when worn. Leggings have been that way for a long time. Leggings even come with temperature ratings right down to zero degrees, that is degrees F not C. Winter is the time to wear more things and feel and look good doing it.

The great thing about layering is that I can shed or add layers to keep my temperature nice and comfortable everywhere.

Cashmere sweaters, or just pretty sweaters, or sweater dresses, wool blend midi skirts, and tall boots. Really pretty coats. Can you say luxurious faux fur? I can wear that wig that looks luxurious and I do not sweat. I do not wear that all summer.

But the best part about winter, no need to do as much shaving, on the legs and anywhere else that summer demands have a close shave.

Yes I know 69F is not cold, but it is after a bit indoors. One of my brothers is a pain and keeps his place about 64F for a high, it's layer and layer and layer when visiting him.

On further thought, the question is not so much about how to stay warm period but how to stay warm wearing a dress and nylons. Yes leggings would be warmer but not a pleasing to the touch. The only thing can come up with is some kind of throw as a coat indoors looks too funny.

I don't think a slip would add warmth, just slippery feelings.

Thanks for ideas.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Winter what's that. Can't remember having a winter since we moved to Cornwall 26 years ago. I do miss the snow, but we have the moors and occasionally there is a flurry for a few weeks up there. As for clothing I have a cardigan on today, very nice and snug too.

Quote Originally Posted by LIKETODRESS2 View Post
    I dress more in winter than warm weather. Its easter to hid a bra under a coat or sweatshirt
    The same with me. I am living with my brother who would freak out if he knew. My nephew and his girlfriend would also freak out. So I wait until it is cold and put on a bra with a sweatshirt and panties I can do in any weather but they are hot in the summer.

Aspiring Member
    Reduce the problem to wearing dresses and hose in cold weather. OK. These may solve the chilling problem of a short hemline in cold weather. Has anyone tried them? How do they look and feel?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09MCNRGRY...dDbGljaz10cnVl

Great idea, not even close to my size?

Aspiring Member
    There are plus size versions, for example,
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09NKK8MN5...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==
    I went shopping on line and found a range of sizes and options from several vendors.
    Last edited by abby054; 12-22-2021 at 08:58 PM.

Non-Binary Princess Britney Summers's Avatar
    Leggings are the only things I can wear openly without question, they keep my legs warm inside, and outside when I wear pants over them.

Sweater dress, tights or leggings, boots, and a nice warm wig. Cardigan style sweaters work with many things too

I hate being cold, but love being able to dress in layers without getting too hot.

Also, it's better to get a makeover when it's cold. Perspiration and makeup are a bad combo.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!