Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Winter- Ugh - how cope?

Winter- Ugh - how cope?

Brrrr, brrr. Winter is cold. What do you wear to stay in style? A sweater dress, nylons is just too cold at 69F and looks funny with a fleece on top to be comfortable. There has to be a better alternative. This is indoors. Ideas?

Turn up the heat once in a while!

My wife is a tiny little thing so the thermostat is on 72F all the time.

Platinum Member
    In door temperature is easily controlled. Just throw another log on the fire. For me a sweater dress and nylons would be too warm for indoors. During the winter I wear the same dresses inside as I would wear outside during the summer.

I just add a cardigan (I have several) to my outfit when I am cold

Winter? Great time for my go to clothing. Leggings!!! Just bought a great fleece lined pair.

A wool or tweed skirt suit with a slip and if needed from 15 denier to 30 denier stockings.

Banned Read only
    Winter is great - I can cover up my manly frame and wear jeggings!

I love dressing in the Winter.
    I do not have the best legs so longer dresses and jeans work well.
    I am blend in better in winter clothing

67F is 20C, that's shorts weather! In the UK we'd be going bare legged. 60F (15c) would call for normal tights, 50F(10c) thick tights and knee length boots. in fact on my last time out and about it would be around 40F(5c) and that's what I wore when out.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Try layering. Your body feels the cold more than your legs, but a heavy wool maxi skirt will keep you nice and warm even outside.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Silver Member
    Here in NY state people are wearing shorts and t-shirts when it is 69F.

Could wear a blazer/jacket with your dress to be warmer, or a turtleneck underneath, maybe wear a long skirt and thicker nylons (30+ den.)

Reality Check
    Well, you can wear panty hose or tights for a starter. Or jeans. Look around you at what women wear and follow their lead.
    Krisi

I love the winter allows me to wear pantyhose, a slip, spanx, and my wig, it's the summer when I am too hot.

https://flic.kr/p/rowW2r

I love the cooler months.
    Summer is too warm for stockings and now I can wear them daily. As for the rest, I have a nice selection of long and 3/4 sleeve tops, some heavier skirts and my favorite sweaters. I love sweaters and finally get to wear them and be all cozy.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Hovering around - 20C to - 29 C lately so it's inside and dolled up.

I dress more in winter than warm weather. Its easter to hid a bra under a coat or sweatshirt

Opaque tights/ ph do the trick for winter .

Just another 'Gurl'
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula_56 View Post
    I love the winter allows me to wear pantyhose, a slip, spanx, and my wig, it's the summer when I am too hot.

https://flic.kr/p/rowW2r
    Great photo. Now that I am 50 I was wondering what would be appropriate wear. Your photo just gave me some ideas!
    Just another man in a dress

Long sleeve sweaters, dresses, thigh high hose with pantyhose on top. Warmth with nice feeling.

Suck it up lady! That is not even winter. More like a cool summer evening! And temperature variations allow you to go out and buy more types of feminine clothing! And there is nothing wrong with that!

I've lived in New England for most of my life. I have a wardrobe for when the thermostat drops. Longer skirts, flannel, corduroy, or other heavier cotton dresses, heavier weight tights, knee high boots, and a wig indoors is kind of like wearing a hat.

Also, At 69f I am outdoors in a t shirt and shorts.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

69 degrees? It isn't that warm inside my house! Like others, I love this time of year, when I can double up on pantyhose, wear long sleeves, plenty of shapewear and not sweat profusely. There are knitted or woolen dresses and skirts, heavier woven tights, leggings, and very fashionable boots.

Crossdresser-At-Large BillieAnneJean's Avatar
    How odd it is. In guy mode only my hands and head are exposed. Nice thick socks, relatively thick shoes, soles. Coat and hat and gloves selected solely for comfort. What?s to get cold?

I LOVE fall through spring in girl mode. Outside temperatures cool to cold, I am happy. Yes I get cold. Head warm in a stocking cap that is a wig. Torso warm, inside the corset and teddy, except the upper chest V neck. Bottom insulated in pads. Then it starts to get interesting and by mid thigh getting cold. From there to my toes progressively colder.

And I love the coats. Specially the flared knee length or longer! Yet another piece to assemble a glamorous outfit!

Green coat: It is 25degf outside and sunny

White coat: TEN degrees outside! Note the fairies keeping me warm.

But this is what ladies have to endure when they want to be dolled up. No wonder we see so few in dresses during cold weather. They are wise from experience!

Warm or cold I’m having

Such Fun!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by BillieAnneJean; 12-22-2021 at 11:24 AM.

Aspiring Member
    Wear a Brassiere, a Camisole, a full slip and tights orc2 Pantyhose and of course a nice Red Panty. That should keep the blood flowing
    Live Today as if it is your last day

Fortunately doesn't get that cold here in Florida - I still wear romantic lingerie to bed as usual, and if it is a cold night I have a boyfriend to snuggle with.