Thread: Enlightened Conversation With My wife

Banned Read only

Enlightened Conversation With My wife

My wife and I did a little Christmas shopping this afternoon. On the drive home we got into a conversation about people who dislike gays and lesbians and transgender men and women. I made the comment we are suppose to love all of God's children. Some people are born with disabilities; physical and learning disabilities; enumerating several in our family who are autistic; have learning disabilities; and, physical disabilities. The conversation drifted into sexual orientation. My wife asked me at what age I started to think about girls. I told her as a little kid I had no use for girls. She chided me, so i confessed that I thought Annette Funicello of The Mickey Mouse Club was cute. She asked, if I thought any of the boys were cute? No. She said she thought some of the guys were cute. Both of us have had no sexual interest in the same sex. She made the comment that men and women who love a person of the same sex are wired that way. It is not something that is learned. She thought it would make totally no sense that a man or a woman would make a free will choice that would lead to discrimination in all facets of life; employment, social, family, etc.

Then, her next statement totally floored me as we are in a deep "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" marriage. She said it makes no sense that a man or a woman would choose to wear the clothing of the opposite sex for the same reasons. She rhetorically asked why would a man choose to wear a dress and go through all the crap society hands out, if it was not for the fact the man is hardwired that way. Wow! I did not see that coming. Having been married for fifty years there was no need to follow up on her comment. I knew what she was conveying.

Stephanie, So I take it your wife was giving you a nod of approval without specifically stating so?
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Stephanie, I am so happy for you that your wife acknowledged you in that way. I have read many of your posts and always feel sad that your wife of 50 years is unwilling to discuss the topic. My wife doesn't want to participate/see me, but she is very willing to discuss it. I feel blessed for that.

Hugs to you, Stephanie! Only you know the full meaning of that conversation, but as an outsider, that seems to be a bit of acknowledgement of who you are and to some degree and acceptance of it.

Hope your holidays are joyous!

So she understands you?re hardwired to CDing, thus not your ?fault?, and it?s not going to change, but does it make you think or hope she?ll move beyond DADT? I?d like to think so, but not so sure.

Platinum Member
    She is certainly correct. Its too much to hope for an evolving attitude towards your preferences, I suppose.

It good to finally get acceptance and acknowledgement

Stephanie, many things seems to be going forward with your wife, even if DADT is still in place. Glad for you.