Background notes:

My wife found my clothing in 2019. I explained I dress, it is part of me, I can't explain why I do it and so on. I felt so much shame that I threw almost everything out, and she knew this. She told me she wanted no part in it, and didn't want to see it.

My wife then opened something for me in 2020, which revealed I was still dressing. She was surprised, but we had another long conversation about it. I said I am on the trans spectrum, and we've gone back to DADT.

Then in August I *think* she saw me dressed in a women's top, possibly saw me as I was putting it on so I had a bra on show.

Either way, she is very aware of the situation and that I continue to dress.

Fast forward to yesterday, and we have the TV on in the background, and it's a guy touring the country visiting various locations. At one of the locations, there is a drag show happening for the first time since COVID. It was a 30 second piece and we weren't that focused on what was on the TV.

My wife then said "I don't like drag, it's too weird. Yes, the makeup skills are really good, but I just don't like it.... what do you think of drag?"

I, as I have agreed, gave her my honest response. "I'm not a fan of it because I find it is often overly sexualised, it's at odds with my fairly conservative approach of not talking in public about sex"

I've been thinking about this for 24 hours now, and feel like maybe there was some fishing going on, and she was testing to see if I was either going to bring up crossdressing, that I like drag, that I even do drag. Maybe that's what she thinks I do when I dress, rather than what I actually do, which is dress to blend.

Or maybe I am just overthinking it.

Confusing.