Thread: Thankful for such a great friend

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Aspiring Member Barbara Joanne74's Avatar
    Oregon, South of Portland, North of Salem

Thankful for such a great friend

This last month has sucked for me in my personal life, trying to navigate some life changing questions and decisions. Without getting to deep, I was on the cusp of walking away from my family to live my life as Barbara full time. But, as luck/providence/or what ever, would have it, my wife found an item of Barbara's and confronted me. She demanded right then and there that I choose who I was going to be. My love for her, my kids and family overtook me and I told her I was choosing to stay John. It sucked, I cried, became depressed, buried myself in work and other projects trying not to think about what had happened. I did reach out one day in desperation to a close cis GF that knows and loves me no matter how I present and poured out my sadness to her. She is the most amazing human. No matter what I decide, she will support me.

Just an hour or 2 later she posted this publicly to her social media feeds. Even through anonymity she publicly declared her support for me.
    IMG_20211218_084253_684~2.jpg

I was moved to tears once again.

So with that said, any sisters here that are struggling with who they are, how they want to present and live, please know your not alone. You are loved today, tomorrow, and the next day, and the next......

Merry Christmas

BarbaraLady in Red.jpg
    Last edited by Barbara Joanne74; 12-22-2021 at 11:17 AM. Reason: Editing a photo