Thread: I was whatevered

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I was whatevered

Working at Torrid has been pretty fun so far. It's been a great way to get out of the house and interact with people. Something that I have been missing since working from home because of COVID and closing the office down because why have an office if everyone is working from home. I've been working 3-4 hours 3 or 4 days a week in the evenings. I've only wore clothing from Torrid while working, with my hair and makeup done, small forms, and a chin diaper. Co-workers have been great.

I've had mostly normal interactions with people coming in the store. 99.9% don't seem to care how I am dressed or presenting myself, I'm there working and helping them. I've been he, she, miss, and sired. I'll take that, I know how I am dressed and look.

I've gotten a few cold shoulders, but they could just not want to be helped, I've noticed those same people not want to interact with co-workers either. Up till two days ago I only had only one little boy ask if I was a boy or girl, his mother shushed him said that wasn't nice (I think, it was in Spanish) and all was good.

Then the two days ago I had lady say it was good someone like me was working there. I wasn't sure if that was an insult or what. This is Texas, and compliments can be insults down here. I decided it was probably meant to be a compliment, but my co-worker thought it was a strange thing to say.

Then yesterday, I try and great everyone as we're supposed to. I only have one voice, and she might not have seen me as I was folding t-shirts as she came through the door. I walked over to explain the day's sales, so she saw me now. A few minutes later she headed for the door and said, thank you miss, sir or whatever. That got my co-worker to whip around and look at me. Then said, she could have not said anything and been more polite.

That's only twice in almost 50 days. Not too shabby.

I've also gone out more dressed and with my wife. That's still a little rocky and new for us both. I been wearing what I wore to work, minus forms and we've gone out to eat. She doesn't like me having boobs, fair enough. Only thing that's been strange is being asked if the bill is together or separate. 27 years of us being together, that kinda gets me. My wife says that is becoming more the norm for waitstaff to ask and not assume. I guess that's something to get used to.

Still not ready to tell/show my kids though. Wife has said they know.
    Last edited by Billie; 12-22-2021 at 09:47 AM.