Thread: Once in a while, it all clicks

Silver Member

Once in a while, it all clicks

I haven't posted in this section for a long while. Early on I always enjoyed when someone would post an encouraging post or story about real life success. I have had several outings in the world, mostly positive, and this last one was particularly satisfying.

While the pandemic is still very real, many of us are vaccinated so in public events are possible. Crossport had their annual holiday party this year, albeit a little different format. (I.e. no buffet, and few attendees.) Anyway I was very excited to celebrate again this year.

Some of you will recall that I had rented a dress a couple of years back for the occasion. It was a fabulous sequined number with a peplum waist. I couldn't get this dress off my mind and had been back to the vintage shop a year later considering getting it. Then Covid hit and there wasn't an occasion to wear it. Well I went back and it was still there, and still fit. There was no way I was going to let this one go. Since time had passed, the rental discount had expired, but I was able to talk them down a little, and handed them $80 cash. That may sound high for a second hand dress, but believe me, this is a hard to find classic designer gown so worth it to me.

Anyway, I had my dress, but my current wigs are starting to show some wear, so I thought I needed a new one. I missed several opportunities to shop due to how life presents itself. Finally on the way back from a quick trip to Michigan, I got a chance to stop at a shop in Toledo. They had some decent offerings, and I found a nice lace front wig. I couldn't try it on before I decided to buy it due to covid rules, but when I saw the price at $50, how could I resist?

So on to the party day. I had the day off work, but ended up going in for a while to deal with a problem for a customer. The day was very busy with lots of errands. Fortunately, the maids were gone by 3 so I got to the shower by 3:45. I've been having problems with my left shoulder, but I was able to do my makeup , cinch my corset, and zip up my dress. I was out the door by 5:50, and made it to the restaurant by 6:20. Social hour started at 6:00, so I was not too late.

Now here is the best part. When I walked in, carrying my coat over my arm, I went to the check in. You should have seen the gals eyes light up! One said to the other, "oh no, I get to take her back!". On the way, within 100 feet, I got stopped three times by people complimenting my on my outfit.

Blend in? Not on your life, I was the belle of the ball. Such great responses. Interesting, I heard that not everyone had as positive reactions especially from the most effusive table on the way.

The rest of the night was excellent. I rolled home at 12:15, and my wife was already in bed. We had a good discussion on how things went the next day, so other than her not going, I couldn't ask for more

Anyway, I didn't get too many photos, just a couple of mirror selfies.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Meghan4now; 12-22-2021 at 06:03 PM.

i see peplum dresses in the shop all the time.....definitely going to have to try them on....
    and if i looked half as good would be asking anyone who wasnt doing anything to take a picture with me....
    must have felt nice to be the bellle of the ball...
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Beautiful, nice to be able to wear such dressy attire out to a party. Nice to be out................Debra

Very Classy attire on a very classy lady
    Glad you had a great time

Wow, you look spectacular. Why think about blending at an event like that when you can look so lovely!

Meghan, Great looking dress. I'm glad you had a good time. I went to my local Christmas party last weekend.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Meghan, beautiful dress and you look outstanding!

That dress looks so good on you, and you got a great looking wig. Things really did click into place for you.
    I suggest that might want to think about that entrance to the party the next time that you need some cheering up.

Very nice dress and you wear it well

Sounds like an amazing time!

Sounds brilliant. You look great.

You look fantastic, Meghan.

we may have to revoke your CDing privileges, you didnt get the shoes.....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Silver Member
    Thanks everyone. It was pretty amazing and the new wig was very popular. I got a lot of compliments about how the lace front made it very natural. At $50 I need to go back and get a couple more!

Mykell, I wore my standard pumps which are nice but not spectacular. But they past muster, and since I had retro cuban heel and toe stockings with the line running up the back, sandals would have been inappropriate. Maybe I'll get a new pair. I wreaked my really cute black kitten sandals back in September on a rainy night.

Banned Read only
    You look terrific. So happy you had a great time.

Well done getting out and about! Girl, $80 ain't nuthin' considering all the money we haven't spent on getting out and about in the covid age. Here's to a 2022 chock full of safe and fun adventures and outings! Hugs, Michelle

Silver Member
    Michelle, I know you're a high roller, with good results to show. This is an Oleg Cassini from the 80's. I found a few on eBay etc. at a higher price and wrong size. Mostly in black. This is the only one I've seen in this color (which was popular back then).

Hi Meghan,

It's so good to hear from you. Not only were you fashionably late, you were dressed very fashionable. I could easily see why you were the bell of the ball. You have to love it whe a plan comes together. So happy for you.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

Definitely a festive head turning dress Meghan. You may as well be holding a disco ball.

Glad you had a terrific time.
    If your not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room.

You look amazing Meghan. How could anyone not be jealous.

You look great.

Glad you enjoyed yourself.

I love it. Again..... no shoes???