Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does your desire to dress and/or buy new clothes increase this time of year?

Does your desire to dress and/or buy new clothes increase this time of year?

I was thinking about this and whether anyone else feels their need to dress or buy clothes gets stronger during the holidays, whether it's stress from all the running around this time of year or spending more time with family and thus less time to dress, or perhaps wanting to pamper ourselves, etc.? Speaking for myself I dress in lingerie for bed every night anyway but I definitely feel an increased desire to add to my wardrobe this time of year every year and spend for something really luxurious. Is this the case for anyone else?

Not really. Mine stays about the same all year long except the occasional drop off to nothing.

My desire to dress and buy clothes is there all year long BUT Xmas time means venturing out to the shops to buy presents for the Wife and family. I get drawn into clothes shops with sparkly sequined party dresses on display just inside the entrance. I'm like a magpie, I'm attracted to anything that shines, sparkles or shimmers.

I tend to lose self control more at this time of year, because once I'm drawn in I'm like a small child in a candy shop. Surrounded by so much femme stuff I find myself getting more and more excited as there is so much beautiful stuff on display!

Dressing yes, but not for the reason you think of first. It's not because it's a holiday but because the darkness comes earlier. So ok to dress when it's dark.

I don?t find any change in my dressing, but shopping is another item. With all the sales going on, I find myself buying more after all Tis the Season.

Gold Member
    Like on a Holiday like Christmas, I will try to dress more up-grade, fancier. Nicer dress etc.

Not specifically.

Although, while doing some last-minute Xmas shopping this morning, I did find myself drawn
    towards a ladies' clothing shop near the supermarket which sells these lovely tops (the one I
    wanted was, of course, not available in my size), then I had planned to go to Best & Less to
    look at knickers and socks. I get quite a bit of my clothing from there, and they don't care that
    I'm a bloke buying women's clothes. Service is always friendly and pleasant, and some of their
    gear looks great and is reasonably-priced.

Time got away on me, however, so it looks like I'll be waiting for the post-Xmas sales.
    Last edited by Wendy-Lyn; 12-23-2021 at 08:30 PM.

Sort of. I have thought for the past 21 years when my wife asks me what I want for Christmas, I'd like to say, I'd like a nice dress. Something with 3/4 sleeves, maybe a floral print, in some flowy fabric. But we don't do that. So I say "socks".

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I have hated Xmas shopping for over 60 years!

Now, Xmas dressing is a whole different matter! Because it DOESN'T require dealing with crowds!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

The "need" is always there but the sales are what awakens the sleeping giant! During the summer I knew of a long weekend at the end of August so I shopped ahead of that and when stuff went on sale for the Christmas season I also broke out the covert credit card and went crazy. I'm going to look at the $ damage in a week or so and that will affect the purchase of new hips but otherwise it should calm down for a while.

I don't think it increases, I do think it's easier to justify buying them we don't exchance gift with each other any more. So of course all my gifts to myself is for Connie .

Actually, it diminishes it a bit as I try to buy gifts and stay within a tight budget. It's those times when I have a bit of a surplus that I am overcome by the pink fog...like when I might receive a gift card!

I wouldn?t say my shopping increases during this time of the year. I will certainly admit that my window shopping does increase. I do enjoy going about browsing and admiring all of the clothes I would love to buy. I have to stay out of the shoe stores though. That is my one weakness and addiction. This week my gym trainer was wearing this cute pair of Brooks sneakers with Christmas patterns. I was really admiring them, my female workout partner was not as impressed. Our trainer asked me how many pairs of shoes I had? When I combined both men’ and women’s together I told over 30 pairs. She just smiled and said so you are also a “shoe ho.”

For the past few years I have made it a habit to wear a festive outfit on Christmas eve. I am alone this year but I still plan on wearing something pretty and festive. I haven't decided between my black velvet skirt and a red top , or my new teal fit and flare dress and a festive scarf. Dangley silver earrings and heels for sure. whether I wear makeup or not will depend on my energy level. It's just me at home after all. Happy holidays everyone and enjoy your evening.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

My desire to add to my wardrobe doesn't change.
    My desire to wear my more "dressy" outfits increases. It's such a festive season and I just want to be a part of it. A party dress, fancy jewelry, new hair style with some adornments. I mean after all it is a time of celebration.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I definitely check out all the online end of the year sales on women's clothes. In addition to Black Friday, we have Boxing Day on December 26th in Canada which is another huge retail sales day.

Holiday and New Year's dresses go on sale as well, that I check out for evening and special occasion use.
    If your not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room.

It decreases at Christmas . Like Sherry I don?t like the crowds. Shopping becomes an ordeal and a chore instead of an enjoyable experience.

I really don't dress very often (maybe 6 times in total over a period of 10 years when I first got curious).

Having said that, I've been wearing pantyhose since I was 18 or 19, and YES I definitely purchase more pairs during the holiday season. I subscribe to at least 8 online hosiery sites and get inundated with an avalanche of sales offers from all of them at Christmas time. I find it very difficult to resist placing several orders and it's much easier than buying pantyhose in person at brick and mortar shops.

I NEVER go bare-legged! Kimberly A.'s Avatar
    Hi, Jessica. Well tbh, this time of year really doesn't effect my desire to dress, or buy new clothes..... I go out en femme every time I get a chance and well, I've had to cut down on buying new clothes because Kimberly's closet is QUITE full! LOL But anyway, no, the holidays don't make me wanna get out en femme or buy new clothes any more than any other time of the year. I'd dress ALL the time though, if I could.
    My YouTube channel: Kimberly A.

Almost no dressing in winter, but planning for summer and shopping beach/surf-wear from Vinted while there is more supply than demand. Only dressing in leggings and matching top for yoga at home, and sometimes underdressing with a sports bra.
    Last edited by freeindress; 12-25-2021 at 05:32 AM.

Uggh, I spent a lot of money this month, way more than I should have.

Sandi

I used to feel that way, but now I don't feel much need to buy things at any time of the year. I guess I am happy with what I have and it fits my sense of self so well. But if something needs to be replaced with a newer version I will shop for that. My identity is quite stable now after decades of wild gyrations. However, I still love going to the women's department in stores and see what is coming out. It is mostly intended for much younger women than myself. Very pretty things, but not really appropriate for a person of my age.

Has been real bad this season. Mostly because I had a planned visit to a friend where I could dress and spend the day. That got killed by covid, and now I want to dress in all the new clothes and makeup I bought for that occaision.
    Susann_Gardener

It's been strong recently, especially since I got my first salary, but I haven't bought any clothes, or at least nothing remotely feminine or that you'd find on the women's section. Though, my wallet is safe, I still cannot get near a shop or one of those sections without feeling too observed.

Further to my last comment on Christmas Eve, I hit the mall this morning
    and headed for Best & Less to get the panties I didn't have time to buy then.

I looked at a few different items, found a dress I loved but alas, there were
    none in my size. Ummed and aahed over a couple of others, looked at bras
    because, well - they were there (but didn't buy one).

Had a couple of pleasant interactions with other shoppers, neither they nor
    the SAs cared that a bloke was going through the bras and dresses, with a
    handful of panties in his trolley. So I ended-up buying the panties, then as
    I was leaving I spotted a sale rack with an assortment of items, from which
    I liberated a shortie Christmas nightie. Went back and paid for that, and left
    feeling very happy.

DSCN8053b.jpg
    Last edited by Wendy-Lyn; 12-25-2021 at 10:58 PM.