Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does your desire to dress and/or buy new clothes increase this time of year?

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    I'd say it's no different other than I usually but a sexy little Christmas outfit.

Aspiring Member
    Does your desire to dress and/or buy new clothes increase this time of year?

No, in my business, November/December and April/May are the busiest months. Being busy means less time and less desire to dress. On the other hand, it is easier for the retailers and for me to kid ourselves with the old excuse of buying it for my wife.

No.

When haters hate, I celebrate!

I've looked at my purchasing habits. That was kind of scary. I started almost 5 years ago. Since then, I've averaged buying something at Soma about every 3 weeks.
    Time of year has nothing to do with my buying. Except the sales. I can't seem to pass up a good bargain.

For me it does not have anything to do with time of the year. I am getting ready to build a house, so all my money is staying in the bank except for essentials, Nails, waxing, and new thongs.

Platinum Member
    Before the internet Christmas and other holidays (Valentine's Day, Easter, Halloween) I used it as a guise to buy lingerie and clothes for myself. There was no alternative other than perhaps ordering on the telephone from a catalogue. Now, I buy whenever I feel the need on-line. Mentally, for me I use to feel at ease buying for "my wife" when I was in my 20's and 30's and 40's. Now, in my 70's it seems like few men are in the lingerie aisles.

I notice more pretty dresses at the stores I go in this time of year, and the inclination to buy does strike me. I was at the store this morning and saw some dresses on a rack for 30% off and had to seriously resist the urge to go over and shop them -- I was with the spouse at the time. Now I still want to go back solo and look at the price and sizes. I should probably wait a week or so for if they go on serious clearance.

Hi Kelli,

I was there last week for a late evening shopping...

Davina

I do look for more special items at this time of year. There are a lot of fancier clothes than during other times of the year. More cocktail dress type items.

Yes lately I have been wanting to go thrift shopping for new jewelry and clothes.
    Last edited by Valerie420; 12-29-2021 at 03:54 AM. Reason: Spelling error

Dressing urges stay constant, but I tend to buy more items with all the sales going on. The wife always taught me to watch for deals, particularly on women's clothing as the sales can be quite good.
    -Cheryllynn

Unfortunately yes, marketing and the seasonal sales work!

Between Thanksgiving and Christmas I have a ?presents only? rule for shopping. But for the last several years this includes a new red Christmas dress for me from Santa. This year I got a darling flowing red maxi dress. But, a few years ago I found a lovely Christmas dress with a panoramic view of a snowy landscape with Santa in his sleigh on the skirt. I love to wear it on Christmas, but wearing a new red dress is so irresistible. Santa is now for Christmas Eve or the day after. I also like to buy a new party dress for New Years Eve. But that?s it for clothes shopping.

After Christmas I have a ?pay off the Christmas bills? rule that lasts through January. I go through the dresses I haven?t worn in a while and either give them to goodwill or move them to where I will see them an wear them more often.
    What do I do on days when I don't crossdress? I have no idea.

Once upon a time... Veronica Lacey's Avatar
    The Christmas season itself does not generally inspire nor lead to more dressing or purchases but the cooler temps and many more hours of darkness can contribute to thoughts of dressing. Much nicer to enjoy a variety of outfits and lingerie when it's cold out - especially sub-zero - than say, the +42C we experienced this last summer.

Shopping is primarily done online so the interest in buying is based solely on a decision to go looking. Will often find something but this is not tied to the Christmas season.

As a side note, AnelineM's post gave me a chuckle. How politely accurate

Quote Originally Posted by AnelineM View Post
    Sort of. I have thought for the past 21 years when my wife asks me what I want for Christmas, I'd like to say, I'd like a nice dress. Something with 3/4 sleeves, maybe a floral print, in some flowy fabric. But we don't do that. So I say "socks".

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AnelineM View Post
    Sort of. I have thought for the past 21 years when my wife asks me what I want for Christmas, I'd like to say, I'd like a nice dress. Something with 3/4 sleeves, maybe a floral print, in some flowy fabric. But we don't do that. So I say "socks".
    I totally love this post! Mine would be "how about another little black dress, or a cocktail/party dress, or a fabulous evening gown? I know I have plenty of all of them, but I could always use one more." Instead. i get to say " a new pair of pj's?"

Platinum Member
    Mmm, let me think. Really, my idealized holiday is being able to put together a cute, semi-formal outfit for gatherings with coworkers and friends. I have not been able to realize this entirely but for a few occasions.

hello Jessica,
    I think my need to dress and shop more frequently does increase near Christmas.
    But is that because there are increased opportunities? Longer darker evenings when no one is going to knock on your door. Lots of men wandering around the women's clothing section of shops and buying 'sexy' lingerie for their wives and girlfriends.
    luv J

I do, usually I plan spending money on clothes after holiday season, sales, stress cold and dark weather probably all play some role in this. Usually I buy all online, and already got my shipment, yay ^^.

The amount of my dressing does not really have ups and downs. Unless I am traveling. Then there is definitely a lull. Those times can sure be really difficult. 2 or 3 months of no dressing as I desire can sure cause a slight amount of mental anguish. But I always seem to get thru it some how.

Sure does make me appreciate getting back to my house and some quality Raychel time
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

There is just something about over the knee boots for me. I love that look on women and even more so myself. When the spring hits, it?s beautiful toes and dresses. Guess it?s safe to say that I love it all year round.

I tend to stealth wear my clothes under bulkier items like sweatshirts so, I usually don't wear out in public during the warmer months. Maybe one day I'll get over my fear and just be me but, not yet.