Thread: Losing my time to CD!

Losing my time to CD!

Okay, for the last four years I've been dressing about once a week.
    I lost my Girl Cave 10 months ago and found a new one, not as big but, you do what you have to do.

Now in 3 months I'm losing my new Girl Cave.
    Once I loose that Hiding my stash and Finding time to dress will be very difficult.

How do I fill the void of not being able to dress?
    If I bring my stash home I'll half to purge about half in order to hide it.

I'm thinking I'm going to be, let's say (very moody) un-happy.

How do you others cope with this.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    My T friend has nowhere to hide things from her mom. So, she had ALL her stuff in the trunk of her car for years!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Gold Member
    You could box up some of the less used things and put them in the Attic.
    I normally under dress, you could try that for a while. I wear woman's Jeans when I go outside.
    they look like a man's jeans, but I got them from Woman's With-Inn.

Quote Originally Posted by Judy-Somthing View Post
    Okay, for the last four years I've been dressing about once a week.
    I lost my Girl Cave 10 months ago and found a new one, not as big but, you do what you have to do.

Now in 3 months I'm losing my new Girl Cave.
    Once I loose that Hiding my stash and Finding time to dress will be very difficult.

How do I fill the void of not being able to dress?
    If I bring my stash home I'll half to purge about half in order to hide it.

I'm thinking I'm going to be, let's say (very moody) un-happy.

How do you others cope with this.
    Sorry, I am no help, but I feel for you having to cut back on your stash, you had quite a collection of dresses.

No other place you can if nothing else box things up and store them away until there may come a time when you can have your "own place" again? I sure would hate to give up anything!

Ship it to me! I will store in in my attic, but then we are planing on moving in a couple years so that might not work. Plus with the size of your collection it might fill my attic!

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    My T friend has nowhere to hide things from her mom. So, she had ALL her stuff in the trunk of her car for years!
    Trunk of her car? Her SO never looks there? My wife doesn't snoop, but she had free rein of the property. When I was working I bought a brief case and hid a very few things in plain sight, high heels mostly and some "naughty bits".

We even have attic storage in our garage, but she has a bunch of stuff up there too, so when I would store some of my stash up there I had to camouflage the boxes. Usually, wrap up stuff in a smaller boxes and hide it with a bunch of motorcycle parts.

I did have a couple places in the laundry/mechanical room of our house, but she stored a bunch of stuff there to so I had to be careful there too.

Being able to dress in front of my wife is wonderful!
    Last edited by Pumped; 12-24-2021 at 12:32 AM.

When covid meant everyone was home all the time I felt that pain. I played with FaceApp and youcam, but then at some point all that made me realize that I was actually just living in denial and it was time to transition. Probably simpler just to rent storage somewhere.

Judy,

If memory serves me you have a sizable wardrobe, dresses numbering in the hundreds so as others have said is it time to slim down your stash and focus on those you really like?

Dressing once a week with such a collection, one that does seems to be growing up to now, surely means most of your items rarely see the light of day. Hence is it now time for a re-think, a change in strategy.

There's a thread ongoing about using storage units. Is this something you have considered. Again if memory serves, you're a stay indoors dresser so I can see why storage units wouldn't work for you. However, is this the time to break free and start taking Judy out and about? Even if that's not for you at least storage would give you time to find other solutions.

It may be a solution can be found that's less than ideal but hey, something is better than nothing.

Judy,

Helen has a good point. Why not take the money you would be spending on new dresses and get a small storage unit. Even if you can not fit everything in it, at least you could put half in it and take what does not fit home. I just bought plastic shelves and storage bins to hold the small stuff in mine, and it helps with efficiency of the space.

I hate getting rid of my girly things unless they do not fit.

Sandi

I was up to 8 boxes and I'm trying to get my stash down to 2 boxes.
    Yesterday I Purged 38 dresses, it wasn't easy.
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!

Platinum Member
    Before my wife fully retired I had several days a week to dress for about six to seven hours. I am an in-home dresser so I basically did domestic chores and read. If the weather was nice I sat outside in our backyard. Then my wife retired and that time disappeared. Sigh! Then Covid-19 hit and lock down killed any time my wife would babysit overnight. My only outlet is sleeping in a nightgown with bra and panty or a slip. As she is a late riser I am able to wear my nightie under a long robe until 9:00 AM. I still buy some panties as I have taken up "collecting" my favorite Vanity Fairs. Other than that, it's banging away on this key board.

I feel your pain Judy.My wife doesn?t accept. I used to dress once or twice a week at my mothers. I used to have a wardrobe and storage facilities there. Unfortunately she passed away last year and I had to purge everything.Oppertunities are now virtually non existent . I undress as a coping mechanism. Not as satisfying as the full hit but something is better than nothing.Had 1 full day a few weeks ago and that was it.I am hoping things get better next year.

Judy, I am sorry about the need to purge 38 dresses.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I have about three months before I loose my (Girl Cave).
    I've been trying to tell myself I don't need this anymore!

But still I love my wigs.

As Roseanne Rosanna Danna used to say, "It's always somethin." I went from having at least one opportunity a week to dress up for a few hours at home to almost zero opportunities -- just a couple hours here or there. Then out of a personal tragedy, I have access to a vacant house that I've used from time to time -- about ten times in the last 8 months. That will also be going away this year. Because I want the opportunity, I find the opportunity. The problem lies in that there are times I really really want to dress up and can't for weeks at a time. Right now I'm working up an opportunity in about a week to really enjoy myself -- and hoping nothing snarls that plan.

It really sucks to have to purge. I really cannot wrap my mind around how much you have (I am at an all time high of having 6 dresses and a couple skirts and four pair of shoes). I guess it's just a matter of making some hard choices for now. Don't give up the wigs, though! A good wig is worth several dresses.

I guess my point is that you are clever enough that something will turn up. Don't give up hope.
    Last edited by Geena75; 12-28-2021 at 08:34 PM.

I am so sorry for you. Could you just tell your wife you like to crossdress.