Thread: I'm the lucky one !!

I'm the lucky one !!

So as this past year has evolved and me getting used to coming out to my SO about my dressing. She has been fully accepting of it and even has bought me clothing and has giving me my favorites which are her hand me downs.. So tonight as I was cooking, which I do every night it's what I love to do and she prefers me to.. I mention to her that I'm in the process of breaking the habit of chewing my nails. I have done it as long as I can remember. But with me coming out to her and her acceptance I fell I want to grow them.. She suggested I go get a manicure. She started in with " I know it don't seem manly" but I stopped her and said " how about we go get our nails done together " her response " THIS IS GOING TO BE SO MUCH FUN" This makes me feel I have finally found my true partner!!

Congrats, you need to get her something extra special for Christmas!

Platinum Member
    You are lucky indeed

That sounds amazing.
    I'm not quite there yet but I feel like my wife would do a girls day with me if/ when I'm ready to.

Just being true to myself Jolene Robertson's Avatar
    That will be a great experience for both of you, it's so nice having a partner that's accepting. I used to chew my nails all the time and started using clear polish on them and it broke me, wore it all the time even at work never a problem.

It's not at all any big deal for a man to get mani/pedi's in the bigger cities anymore. There are so much to think about and so in everyones life and the world is trying to be healthier and self care is good for everyone these days.
    I hd never had pedicure until I met my wife. She is my second and was quite persuasive. I oved the attention from the nail tech....and have been getting them regularly since.
    So congrats on the new relationship! We all need the love.

Yes, you are truly a lucky one.
    I quit biting my nails about 20 years ago and still have difficulty growing them to a decent length. I always seem to break one doing something dumb, or one splits and has to be trimmed. I'd love a manicure.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

My wife and I have a nail bar once a month where we paint each other's toenails, we share a bottle of fizz and chat while we have fun selecting colours and applying varnish. It's intimate, relaxing and we both enjoy it immensely. We have done this for years and it was her suggestion, I was doubtful at first but seeing my bright pink toenails through my nylons was really exciting and I'm so glad we did it. I think you and your SO getting your nails done together is a great idea and I hope you both have fun.

You are lucky indeed! I'm still trying to find that special one for myself. Congrats and have fun with this!

Brilliant I wish I was you.

Ricky, I am glad your wife is accepting. I have bitten my nails all my life. Covid stopped me from touching my hand/fingers to my face. Ergo, I no longer bite my nails.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

That’s kind of funny. I was just thinking today that it has been a while since I have bitten my nails and it’s because I’d like to have them longer when I put nail polish on and dress up in my nicest dress. In the past my fingernails have always been very short. My daughter even commented recently that my fingernails were getting longer.

Press on ones can be exciting, But the freedom to grow your own is amazing

We do pedi together. I have been doing colors too. Mauve is my favorite so far.

Ricky - I cannot grow my own because of my hobbies. I've been playing guitar for almost 50 years now and any kind of length is uncomfortable. Also, other things I like to do ends up easily breaking them and the next thing I know I have little "hooks and snagglers" on my fingertips and end up ruining my Linda clothes. I don't want those anywhere near my nylons! I've gotten used to them being short. For me, the press on nails are the best solution and I can remove them in no time at all! Plus, they are super easy to make them look nice before you put them on!

I've been a nail biter all my life, still haven't been able to quit. I did manage to stop peeling my toenails and finally keep them at a nice length so I can paint them regularly. I'd love to stop wih the fingernails but no luck so far....
    -Cheryllynn

Like Linda hobbies prevent growing nails . However I have been for a pedicure. Go for it and enjoy.

My wife & I to mani/pedi's together all the time - me in guy mode though. There are almost always other guys in there at the same time getting their nails done. Its not a big thing at all.
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

It's not a big deal if anyone wants a pedi. Go for it.

One of my male cousins is a huge Harley Davidson fan! He gets pedi's every couple of weeks and posts about on FB it while wearing HD flip flops. If anyone gives him flack about it, he says "chicks dig nice feet". He definitely owns it.
    Last edited by char GG; 12-29-2021 at 08:04 PM.

Oh that wonderful char, and he is right, no one likes to see dirty or "EWwww!" nails!
    My wife and I go to a nail salon when her cousin cannot go.
    We bring glasses and a bottle of wine and make it a event.
    She does not want me to have color though, but gloss clear is okay.
    I use to bite my nails after we got married and I mentioned to her I am going to try to stop the habit.
    So she bought me some clear nail polish and I am able to grow my nails past the tips of my digits.
    The nail hardener helps the nail from flaking
    As Linda mentioned, playing guitar is almost impossible on certain chords so I stop playing when the nails on my left hand are pretty.
    I try to wear gloves whenever I can to protect my nails while doing guy stuff.
    Sooner or later, I too get "hooks and snagglers" on my fingertips and have to be proactive in clipping or using a emery board before they tear down below the distal edge.
    Keeping your nails long is a mindset, and takes some discipline to keep them as long as possible.
    Today, 4 nails are below my fingertips, but close...the last one chipped while taking the garbage out...drat!
    Candice Coleen Kowal ....all my friends call me Candy!