I'm not sure what I'm trying to say so I'll just go ahead and write it out. I was out this afternoon, picking up a book for a neighbor with Covid at the local Barnes and Noble. I wandered around and saw a young woman enter, looking very well dressed but seemingly not sure about herself, taking short steps and hesitating in open spaces.

She was wearing a black sweater, plaid skirt, black tights and black patent pumps. What caught my eye, other than the awesome outfit was her nervous walk, a gait that looked oddly familiar. She walked towards the coffee bar in the back, got a bite and a drink and then sat near the edge of the sitting area. I passed by and believe she was a CD as well, possibly somewhere else on our spectrum but so reminding me of the times I've been able to be out in public. I so wanted to go up and congratulate her but also wanted to respect her privacy and presentation. As she exited without having bought anything, she nervously looked back into the store, not something you see too often but something I've done myself on more than one occasion.

She went to a pizza place nearby so I followed and had a late lunch (I really was hungry), hoping to find a way to start a conversation, share that I also was occasionally out as a woman and truly enjoyed seeing someone else like me though she was much younger and way prettier! I have to say that the clues I saw were that her walk was somewhat uncomfortable, she seemed to be unsure as to where she was going and her outfit was just too damn perfect for the setting. When she had her mask off (it's NJ, probably 50/50 for masks in most settings today) her makeup was well done and worked perfectly with her look. Occasionally she looked around somewhat nervously, spent time on her phone and I think the only reason I noticed any clues was that I'm a CD and have had the same experiences, gave off the same vibes and otherwise hopefully would not be noticed by anyone more than a few feet away.

As I sit here typing I'm regretting not having spoken with her, I so wanted to support and congratulate her for having just enjoyed being herself, then again any approach could be a seen as a challenge to her appearance as a woman.

When I put myself in her position, out as Jamie and just enjoying a day shopping, I think I would appreciate an honest opinion on my presentation as well as any advice, what say you?

Would you approach another CD in public?

Would you want to be approached? Context is important, let's say out during daytime in a shopping context?