Thread: No more half and half

No more half and half

I guess in most relationships the longer together the more you keep learning about each other. I've been noticing my wife making comments about when I'm dressed half and half. It seems when Im wearing pantyhose under my jeans in guy mood with my feet showing its OK, but add the pink fluffy slippers and she'll make a comment. Wearing a bra underdressing out not noticeable is fine, but add the breast forms or padded bra and she doesn't like it. Starting December police do spot checks for drucken drivers due to the holidays. My last few drives out my wife warned me about this because I usally leave the house underdressed as much as possible and when coming home I will undress slowly as I approach home. She asked me not to get caught in a spot check half undressed and maybe to stay dressed all the way home and change in the garage. I asked her why she was telling me this and she said instead of being seen half dressed I would look more awkward and more of a freak, but dressed either way I will present myself as a man or present myself as a women. She was even asking me to show her how I was dressed and what I was wearing before going out to make sure I was dressed desent in case I got trapped in one of those spot checks. I then thought I would test the waters a little more and ask her how she feels about my shaved body, if she sees me less masculine and if that bothered her. She told me at first it seemed weird but now she prefers me shaved and she has never seen me non masculine ever. I told her how amazing it is how we both have changed, I used to wear only a slip and pantyhose most of the time when I first told her and we were both ok with it. Now she doesn't like me half dressed and I can't dress without my wig or being complete. It interest me having these conversations with her its always seems like a learning curve and how it takes different detours along the way. I now learned when she wants her man she wants a man and when I'm dressed she's fine with that to as long as I'm fully dressed and present as a women. I guess no more half and half

That is fantastic to hear! It seems as if your wife is becoming more accustomed to you and your dressing! It is also great you are able to have civilized conversations about it and you are learning more about her as much as she is learning more about you. It is fantastic to hear how she is supporting you more!

Reality Check
    If your wife would rather see you fully dressed than half and half, that would seem to be a good thing. Personally, I seldom dress "half and half" unless you count the fact that I wear panties full time as well as women's jeans.

But why would you stay dressed and change in the garage? Why not stay dressed and walk into the house? If she kows you are dressing, it shouldn't matter.

My concern with staying dressed and changing in the garage is that the neighbors would see me driving up and driving into the garage.
    Last edited by char GG; 12-27-2021 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Post content was duplicated
    Krisi

Maria,

I am not sure I am following you completely on this, so correct me if my assumptions are wrong.

From all your previous posts, it seems your wife is very accepting, so why are you trying to change on your way home?
    The other thing, I hope you are not actually changing while the car is moving. I think that would fall under the category of distracted driving. Having an accident while in some unknown state of dress is a sure way to have an unpleasant encounter with the police.

If it is your neighbors you have concerns over, just park in the garage and take your wig off when in your neighborhood. I can not understand why you would even want to change in your car with an accepting wife.

Sandi

Sounds like a wonderful marriage. I'd suggest being sure to do some special things for her. And perhaps not pushing the frequency of the fully dressed thing too much at this stage.
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Completely get where you are coming from with this. My wife likes to know where she is working too. She would probably die, if our neighbours of 26 years knew I cross dressed. (They may know, I care less about it, but I care very much what my wife thinks) All my relatives knew before we married, I was more open about it then. But I love and respect my wife, so I play by her rules, when I am at or near home in our house.

Wise words from a great wife

Platinum Member
    I am somewhat perplexed also on changing in the garage or disrobing on the way home. If she is so onboard with your dressing it would seem totally fine to model your outfit before you hit the road and disrobe in your home. I would agree with her that it may be better to be totally dressed one way or another. I think the general public is more accepting of a transgender woman or man than a MtF cross dresser who does not have it all together.

My wife loves my half and half look, but for me it generally means skinny jeans, a nice shirt, (it might be men's) and high heels.

She tolerates me with boobs, and even jokes about them in a loving manor, but she prefers me to be male. The other evening I was dressed and we were watching a movie. When the movie ended she turned to me and said it was time for her to go to bed and she scooted over for a cuddle. She cuddled a few seconds, then sat back a ways, gave me a funny look, grabbed both of my boobs and said she didn't know what to do with them as the were in the way!

Maria, I?m on board with Sandi and Stephanie meaning a little confused. I understood she was an accepting wife, like mine, but unless I?m missing something, it appears to me that while she knows you dress, she?s set up some new ground rules. Changing in the garage, car, or anywhere outside the house is risky?especially driving. Why? Our definition of acceptance is 100%, not 50-50, 60-40, etc. I don?t mean to offend, but this sounds very complex.

Right and just to be clear I am in no way being critical, but I am missing something in the big picture. The reality is that your wife is really the main person to keep happy, and it seems like you have enough acceptance that doing the car changing of outfits could be avoided by working out a better arrangement. That is all I am thinking, nothing more.

Sandi

It sounds like your wife cares about how your dressing affects you more than how it affects her. That is a true treasure of a human being.
    I'm content being a once in a while girl.

Sounds like your wife sees gender as binary and doesn't like non-binary.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Just to clear some issues up. My wife loves the bond that she is the only one that holds my secret and doesn't believe our noisy neighbors have to know any of our business and prefers we lay low with it. No other family knows except her sister that has looks of interaction about it but either one of us admitted to anything. This is what she wants and I respect her and appreciate her patients for her acceptance. I don't totally undress when driving I may remove some jewelry and wig and I will park somewhere and put on my pants and jacket.
    I appreciate everyone's concerns and educating me on safety, that's why I'm here to hear honest and caring advice.

Maria,

When you go out dressed with some level of female attire, are you only going for a drive? or are you getting out and shopping etc. in public?

Sandi

Adding an edit. I just recalled you had a gas pumping incident a while back, so I suppose you do go out just a bit. If you are worried about neighbors mostly, just thought I would let you know about this. We are very self conscious when driving en femme. When people see our cars, they don?t see that much inside as long as you do not have a wig on. I drove right past some neighbors who waved at me and I even had makeup on but no wig. They are mostly waving at the car knowing who is inside of it rather than stretching their necks to see what the driver is wearing. I know for a fact they could not have clocked me because this lady is close to my wife and a blabber mouth. She is a nice lady but can not keep a secret. So I would not worry about driving in and out from the garage as long as you have the wig removed while in the neighborhood.

Sandi
    Last edited by Sandi Beech; 12-28-2021 at 11:47 AM.