Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I don?t know why I let someone hurt me with 1 word

"Never accept criticism from someone you wouldn't go to for advice"

I try to remember that overall I'm happier out in the world getting the occasional odd glance or weird verbal interaction than I was when I was dressed as a man because most of the time the bad stuff doesn't happen.

Yes, but you're not. He'll grow up one day if he has anything about him at all.

Nu2me, I don't go out but understand the feeling. Of course the guy is an idiot and his words should be dismissed. But still, it hurts to feel the hate of someone who doesn't know you and to whom you did no wrong. I feel for you exactly like I felt for a young black friend who was once insulted in a bus by an old white guy asking him what he was doing there and why he didn't go back to his country (whatever the old guy suspected it could be, my friend was from West Africa but he could as well have been French). Yes people can be afraid of the difference and express their uneasiness with these kinds of personal attacks. But there is something terribly mean in the act of telling someone that he shouldn't be here, that he is an embarrassment. It is such a negation of her/his humanity, a way of saying that s/he shouldn't exist. Granted, it is stupidity speaking, but still, it hurts, and ignoring it is easier said than done.
    Last edited by DianeT; 12-30-2021 at 06:46 PM.

Platinum Member
    I do not think there is much I can add. That juvenile thought that he was exercising power, but in fact he was just showing his ignorance. I am sure you can think of a few more words that describe him? but in the end, he is entirely irrelevant and you can remind yourself of all your positive experiences