Thread: Can't think of anything, so what would you do?

Can't think of anything, so what would you do?

As some may know, last year for first time made a new years resolution and also for first time keep it thru the year. So what can I do this year? Out of ideas. I was going to do makeup, but was able to play this month and most just doesn't work: down to blending lipstick, light foundation, a touch of powder and all else isn't worth it. I have a ton of clothes, and finally found some shoes that work. Only thing I can mildly think of is a wig. My wig "large cap" is both too tight and too hot and so far too much work to look nice.

So, what newness are you planning for next year?

Working off the extra pounds I put on during the pandemic. Getting my body more toned and hopefully going back to my hot yoga classes after I had my booster shot. Pretty trivial stuff, plus getting better at doing my makeup.

You didn't say what your previous resolution was, so some responses might be redundant.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Makeup; if as first you don't succeed, practice, practice, practice. Very few get it right on their early attempts so as a suggestion for the New Year, why not seek out a makeover service and see what they can achieve. Going into a store to get my foundation matched was one of the best things I've ever done. It improved my presentation greatly. It made me realise I'd been using a foundation too light for my complexion and the difference was clear to see.

Wig; go get one fitted in a salon.

If you have a problem that's holding your dressing back, fix it. We all are or have been on the learning curve. Getting things right takes time and perseverance and sometimes we need the help of the pros.

I want to get some proper breast forms, and practice with my makeup, which is
    hard for me as my eyesight is not great.

And continue working to regain my health as far as possible.

I agree with Helen, go to a salon and get a decent wig and while your at it, get a makeup makeover too! Getting professional help is amazing!

Me? This year I am mainly working on increasing my hips but still working on maybe another cup size on my bust. It is like never ending trying to make my body more feminine!

Donna, I have been exercising constantly for the last six months. For the next year, I will be trying to loose weight.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

This year's resolution was to dress in evening when we sit down to watch TV and browse. Don't do it every day, but do about 4 to 5 a week.

Previous resolutions have involved the word exercise and that fails quickly.

Only thing for me this year will be losing some weight.
    All of this confinement has made some of my skirts and jeans shrink. I don't understand how they did it.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Reality Check
    To me, New Years is just another day on the calendar so I don't make resolutions. If I want or need to do something, I do it when I think of it, not on some "special" day.
    Krisi

I never make new year's resolutions. Never have. I have never felt the need to do something that involved the new year. If I needed to change or improve I just did it. The whole thing is kind of silly in my mind.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    My resolutions r so far past just "dressing up" I may not be of much help?

Mine usually involve going out as Sherry someplace public where she's never been before!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!