Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dressing seems to come and go

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    For the past 2 weeks, I just haven't had the energy to dress up on my second day off, I just relaxed. I dressed up and went out on Monday but I wasn't really feeling it. Plus I'm not happy with the Christmas weight I gained.

I find this to be true with pretty much every interest in life! I go through cycles of being very interested in a topic, then not thinking about it for a while while I do other things. There are just too many cool things in life and not enough time

The desire used to wax and wane but that was 20+ years ago.
    Now it's always with me and it's part of my daily life.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Dressing has always been a regular consistent things in my life. There where times when I was in the navy that it was difficult, but never a time when I have thought, I don't need to dress. One thing that has occurred, as I have aged, is that I don't need to be in any particular mood to dress. I just do because it's part of who I am I guess. Plus I have the time since I retired.
    Last edited by Jane G; 01-03-2022 at 11:46 AM.

I am one who hasn't been able to dress fully in a year and it's not any fun not knowing when I can. My wife hates my crossdressing and would be gone if she knew I still did. Its like having 2 girlfriends and always wanting both of them for the joy each brings. The closet is feeling claustrophobic on closing in. I just need some support for sister who have worked through.

Once upon a time... Veronica Lacey's Avatar
    Past experiences played to the ebb and flow of urges although usually in shorter cycles of week to week rather than several months at a time. These past 10+ years I generally find that the desire of what to wear really is more to the tune of What do I feel like wearing today? rather than what's exciting with the odd exception.

The clothes are just clothes although some more exciting to wear than others (a suit or a satin dress may seem more exciting than a tank and skirt or a t-shirt and jeans because it usually means doing something more interesting than mowing the lawn or going for a walk.) Some days I feel that jean shorts and a t-shirt lounging about the house is fine while other times wearing lingerie with a skirt, blouse and low heels while I watch a movie is preferred.

Although I can find something to appreciate and like about almost anything I wear, "male" or "female", it really is just how I'm feeling in the moment.
    Last edited by Veronica Lacey; 01-03-2022 at 05:14 PM.

I always wondered if other CDs had the same feeling as me. Sometimes that urge is so strong that I just have to put on a bra/panties, pantyhose and a skirt/blouse or dress along with bracelets. I've read it that dressing up is suppose to relax you when stressed; however, I'm not sure sometimes I dress up when I'm stressed out and sometimes when I'm totally relaxed. During the urge, at a minimum I will underdress, wearing panties and pantyhose. This urge is this what they refer to as "the Pink fog"?
    Tina