Thread: Bearded and love it

Bearded and love it

For most of my life I was shaved thanks to military service but I never could shake the dressing side of me. My wife was supportive and eventually would go out with me fully dressed and loved it. Want even a sexual thing but a comfort thing. I?m not gay or bi, even though I did try, and found it?s not for me but you never know. Fast forward to now and I?m retired from the military and still love it but have a nice beard that often gets stuck behind my forms when putting them on, I know first world problems.

I used to try to look as feminine and woman like when I would get dressed but now i mainly stay home and wear comfortable things around the house and to bed. This day in age it?s probably ok to go back out with a male head and female clothing. I don?t think there are rules anymore but it doesn?t mean it?s easy. Lol.

Sorry for the rant.

not new anymore just shy VickieBonne's Avatar
    I don't have the beard but often wear women's clothes around the house. Can't remember the last time I didn't sleep in a nightgown. But, I still like to go all out once in a while. "you do you!" A phrase to live by. Thank you for your service.

HarleyGirl:

Thanks for the chuckle.

How do you know you?re a cross dresser? When your beard gets caught in your breastforms!

Snappy salute from another veteran.
    Cindy
    What do I do on days when I don't crossdress? I have no idea.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    While I don't go out in a beard and stash I usually have those in my photos here. U just can't see them!

But, I have met a couple of dressers that wore face shrubbery while out.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I've had a beard since 1971. I keep it trimmed quite short, as it is not thick enough to ever be bushy but it certainly interferes with my ever having a really feminine look. That's okay by me as I have never tried to pass and just enjoy dressing for the pleasure that comes from wearing nice clothes.

I used to like to go out and try to pass but these days I wear everything because I like the way it feels and it?s comfortable. I like the breast I wear. I?ll never pass but it feels so great. I enjoy it so much

I wore a beard or a goatee for many years, but since I've been ill and my dressing has escalated, I got rid of it because I felt that it completely destroyed the illusion and the appearance I was trying to achieve. It was bad enough to make me cut off my head in all my pics because of it.
    I just wish the short grey hair with the big bald patch in the middle could be dealt-with as easily.

Gold Member
    I have been wearing a Mustache for over 50 years. So I do not go out of the house dressed.
    But I do love wearing a dress or a skirt around the house all the time.
    At 74, I am to old to change.

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    I personally don't go for the "bearded lady" look but you do you.

Peace & Love
    Gerri

Around the house, which is the only place I'd be visibly wearing, I wouldn't give a second thought to having facial hair. If I were inclined to wear in public (which I'm not), I'd do MY best to pass (meaning no facial hair). I wouldn't want to provide material for jokes and rude remarks. After all, I should think going out dressed should be a source of pride in one's look and presentation.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

I'm not brave enough to got out in a dress wearing a beard. I can't imagine not being stared at. Plus it would destroy the femme illusion that I would want to maintain.

But, that's me. You do you!
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I wore some sort of facial hair - mustache, goatee or beard since 1975. I did not act upon my CD desires until recently, so my first experiences into the CD world were as a bearded person. As I went further and my feminine presentation developed, I realized my now gray facial hair, goatee at that time, may be in jeopardy. I was quite hesitant though, so before jumping in recklessly, I experimented with FaceApp to get an idea what I might look like fully en femme. I discovered two benefits - I now had a female presentation and in male mode I looked MUCH younger. Both my fem and male vanities won out - off it came!

Kris, I noticed the exact same thing when I ditched mine - I not only looked but 'felt' much younger. And it looked much better whether I was presenting as male or female.
    Even my friends and my GG neighbour commented favourably, although they do not know about Wendy.
    Now my male self is considering doing something to bring a bit of the colour back into my real hair - can't do much about the bald patch, but that's what the wig is for.

If I was going to go back out and present as a femal then absolutely no beard. I’m only around the house anymore so no big deal, but I wouldn’t rule out just going out wearing the clothes because how how well they feel.

For my fem persona I am fortunate that I am not able to grow much facial hair. For years I had a mustache and goat. They had turned completely gray and my wife often commented that it made me look older. I dressed when I had it, but was not going out. I decided to shave before my December trip for both the reason of I would probably venture out and that I just wanted a change. The funny thing is either people did not want to comment about it being shaved off, or they did not even notice it was there or now gone. I am more comfortable with it shaved for right now.

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HarleyGirl View Post
    This day in age it's probably ok to go back out with a male head and female clothing. I don't think there are rules anymore but it doesn't mean it's easy. Lol.
    This is what I do -- a *lot*!

Tons of possibilities for different looks, depending what you're wanting to create.

Of course, at best I'll have a week's worth of stubble. I try to stay relatively clean-shaven.

Anyway, I have an adjustable full-length mirror. What I can do is visually "cut off" my head, so all I see is from below the neck.

"Yep, that's a GG... No doubt about it. "

Take a couple steps back, so you can see my head, too?

"Surprise! It's a guy! "

I believe the key is to be consistent... That way, you become really comfortable about what you're wearing & how you're presenting, while others are getting used to seeing you like that on a more regular basis.

Also, never be afraid to push yourself a bit every now & then. One day, just wear something that you'd never thought you'd wear in public (just make sure it works & looks good on you ). Then continually build upon that, as you see fit.

Some may view this as being a "lazy CD'er" or something.

Eh, not really. It's a whole other world, with its own fun challenges & different vibes.

I always suggest everyone give it a whirl at least once!

Thank you for starting this thread, Harleygirl. We may have a few inclinations in common. I wear a van dyke and a dress. I am not shaving. I am most comfortable being butch and have no interest whatsoever in looking, acting or passing as feminine. Actually, the femme experience is a turn off. I like bearded hairy guys in lingerie.
    Last edited by CeCe; 01-09-2022 at 02:05 AM.

I am new to this and I do have a goatee. I have recently started experimenting with makeup but to get the full effect I would probably have to shave it off, we shall see as time goes on.