Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crossdressing must-have items

I agree with breast forms and hip/butt pads. I have a typical skinny man butt and hips and it was a game changer for me to get properly padded and get curves to fill out a dress properly.

Of course to do this you need bras, panties, pantyhose, maybe a waist nipper, dresses, skirts, blouses and lets not forget wigs, fake nails, nail polish, jewelry.....

Oh my, where doe it end!

hello Lucy,
    I started with tights when I was quite young and not realising that I was cross dressing!
    I would say that the essential item are panties. and the rest depends on what you are trying to achieve and how adventurous you are.
    Most items of clothing you could justify if challenged; but a bra, dress or skirt are definitely feminine and show that you a serious crossdresser (IMHO).
    Enjoy the journey!
    luv J

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

[QUOTE=CynthiaD;4559136]This is my list, more-or-less in order. I consider these basic necessities. Add fancier stuff as you choose.

Nylon panties with lace trim. Buy a pack at Walmart....

Gosh Cynthia - Looks like you have started to write the Crossdressers' Textbook! thank yo so much. I wish I had read it when I was younger.

Just that skirt and heels looks fabulous on you Lucy and I'm sure you're already thrilled with the result. From now on, everything you add will just heighten the kick. Put on a bra, forms (C or D) and a nice bodycon dress and I think you'll look amazing. Add to that a wig and basic makeup (a box of eye shadow, mascara and lipstick) and you'll be somehow complete. Thereafter, if you want to go out in public, then all of the advice of the other ladies is good. There is really quite a lot to add, some of it optional. But you'll certainly need a pair of shapewear knickers to hide the obvious, proper makeup, a jacket to remove the feeling of vulnerability and a handbag to stop you looking and feeling awkward. Of course, I'm not that expert myself - although I have been out, so I bow to the superior knowledge of the other ladies. For example, I've never tried a corset, a breastplate, nor had a makeover. But they are all frequently recommended. I did buy some butt pads but I don't really feel they make me look any better. And I don't see how anything could make your behind look better than it does in that picture.

Of course, the more sophisticated the operation becomes, the harder it becomes to keep it from your spouse. Good luck on that front.

Silver Member
    I had the whole collection in 3 different colors. white, pink and blue. Loved them. I wore the white set with a see through blouse and the slip.

We can all go on and on about what we have what we got first or the most if or our favorite things. The real question is what do you like to wear or what do you want to try?
    The one bit of advice I would really like to give is. Don't go over board one one thing. For instance don't buy 10 pairs of shoes in lieu of getting a top and some hosiery. I give this advice to those who don't have unlimited budget and storage, becaise it is better to have a small amount if a bunch if things then a large amount of one thing. This comes from someone who could never pass up a cute skirt.

I would get a bra and some breast forms. Foam breast forms are inexpensive and work fine for filling out a bra if you want to keep costs down. It is what I started with.

Long line bras, and panty girdles, some of which are high waisted. Trims the figure, and for me at least, makes tucking unnecessary as they compress what little is down there down into a female genital area shape (as I'm a grower, not a show-er, so there's not much there to start with). Plenty of reasonably priced items on fleabay, more on their international sites which don't always show up on individual country's ebay pages.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Reality Check
    What will you say to your wife when she finds those 4" hooker heels?

For me, "must haves" would be a wig, a bra and breast forms and hip and butt padding. Those three things give you the body of a woman.

Of course, you'll also want something to wear and that can be any female outfit, a dress, skirt and blouse or pants and blouse. And a pair of women's shoes.

From there. you will want jewelry and makeup. And possibly a purse if you intend to leave the house.
    Krisi

@Robbiegirl,

Absolutely Agree!
    Last edited by char GG; 01-03-2022 at 11:26 AM. Reason: No need to duplicate the picture

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    What will you say to your wife when she finds those 4" hooker heels?

For me, "must haves" would be a wig, a bra and breast forms and hip and butt padding. Those three things give you the body of a woman.

Of course, you'll also want something to wear and that can be any female outfit, a dress, skirt and blouse or pants and blouse. And a pair of women's shoes.

From there. you will want jewelry and makeup. And possibly a purse if you intend to leave the house.
    i really dont know what to say but probably brings an awkward situation with both of us laughing and that will be my coming out i gues...
    Any experience with this?

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Thanks everybody for the tips and comments! really helpful !!

You might find a supportive wife (and laugh a lot) or a complete denial (and feel like in hell). Nobody here can tell. There are lots of threads in this forum sharing experiences.

About what to buy, I'd recommend you to pick a style you like and go full for it, with underwear, the complete outfit, shoes and a set of accesories (fantasy jewelry). Add a wig, a basic set of makeup, and forms (when you are tired of rolled socks, seed bags or water ballons). Then, pick another style and repeat. At some point you will find combining them to create your own style, save money and storage space.

I love being a girl
    Must have items, as far as I am concerned, are panties and bras. I have a lot of each and minimal other items, but enough to provide a few outfits. Looove my panties and bras!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CDLagras View Post
    i really dont know what to say but probably brings an awkward situation with both of us laughing and that will be my coming out i gues...
    Any experience with this?
    It really depends. It is very hard to assume what one's significant other might think! I will say you are probably better off confessing early, than waiting for her to find out. It ends the lying by omission problem. She will find out at some point. Some wives pack their bags and leave. Some jump in with both feet and join the fun.

My wife found out the hard way and it was a year of tough times for us. First it was no way in hell! Then she moved to DADT, then kind of a modified DADT, but I might see you dressed, so don't worry about it, just don't flaunt it, and finally, this whole thing is silly, just dress if you want! Today I dress when ever I want.

When my wife first found out I thought the marriage was over, but she hung on through it all. Now it is no big deal.

I am new to this so I have alreay started buying different items.

1. I now have about 4 bras which is the first item female item I ever bought
    2. I have many pairs of panties and thongs
    3. Pantyhose
    4. I have 3 dresses
    5. Just bought my first pair of heels
    6. I am now starting to buy makeup and just ordered some press on nails. I also have nail polish and polish my toenails

I should think you'd want to add bras and breast forms sooner rather than later along with stockings. What I refer to as my nighties are actually in the chemise category. From what I can determine they are often used as nighties, slips, and can be worn as tops (tucked in). To me, that means they are quite versatile.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

Confidence!

Hi CDLagras,

Congratulations, you look great so far. I can't add to the list beyond what is here. Just wishing you lots of fun.

Brenda

Leggings and yoga pants!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sophie Yang View Post
    Confidence!
    Excellent choice!
    Crissy

This is a great list. Every curious Trans- who is just getting started but aspires to be blendable should read this post. I found out almost all this stuff on my own over a period of time, as most of us do, but I wish I'd had something this list as a primer. I would have been able to save a lot of time and money!

Quote Originally Posted by CynthiaD View Post
    This is my list, more-or-less in order. I consider these basic necessities. Add fancier stuff as you choose.

Nylon panties with lace trim. Buy a pack at Walmart.
    Bra and breastforms. Buy one basic bra. Choose cup size carefully. Fit your breastforms to the bra as best you can. Buy a different bra as needed. Buy more basic bras once you?ve got the cup size right.
    Ballet flats. High heels will start to be uncomfortable after a while. You can wear flats all day.
    High heels. 5 inch spike heels are cool, but 2 inch blocky heels are more comfortable. Start with those.
    Pantyhose or garter belt and stockings. You?ll love the way they make your legs look. Pantyhose go on quicker. Shave your legs if you can. Otherwise buy opaque tights. Black goes with anything.
    Dresses. They come in a myriad of styles. Some will look good on you, some will look horrible. The best way to be sure is to try them on in a brick and mortar store. Otherwise be prepared for some disappointments. It takes some time to find your style. Start with a knee length Little Black Dress. Not too tight. I prefer sleeveless, but if you?ve got gorilla arms, go with long sleeves. Shopping for new dresses is one of the great joys of the crossdressing lifestyle. You don?t have to buy everything you see.
    Skirts and tops. I prefer skirts and tops to dresses. Buy them together so you?re buying outfits rather than individual items. The exception is a knee-length black skirt which will go with anything. If you?re not good at matching colors, stick with dresses.
    Wigs. Nothing will enhance your femininity like a good wig. Even a bad wig is better than none. The only way to be sure about how a wig will look on you is to go to a wig store and try it on. You won?t be the first man the staff has waited on, so don?t be shy. If you just can?t do that, order on line, but be prepared for some disappointments. Wear it right. A wig isn?t a baseball cap. The top of the wig goes at your hairline, not across your forehead. If the top of the wig bulges up, you?re wearing it too low.
    Lipstick. After a wig, lipstick is the best thing to enhance your femininity. Experiment with different colors. Your preferences will change with your mood and with your outfit. You need red, pink, and one or more neutral shades, and whatever else fits your fancy.
    Dangle earrings. Yes, you need some. You should get your ears pierced if they?re not already. Clipons will start to hurt after a while, and magnetics are even worse. The piercings won?t be noticeable in male mode, and you can even wear studs without getting any comments.

Now for things that are good to have, but optional.
    Purses. If you?re going to go out into the real world, you need a purse. And you need to condition yourself to keeping it with you at all times. Eventually you will feel naked without it.
    Feminine jeans. I wear ones with embroidery exclusively, even when presenting as male. I wear them loose. If you go with tight jeans, you need to worry about tucking (see below). If you plan to go out much, remember, women wear jeans a lot.
    Full and half slips. If you have staticky dresses and skirts these are a must. They will keep your skirt looking smooth and keep it from sticking to your legs. They are also good with rough unlined skirts and dresses. A full slip can also serve as a nightgown.
    Leggings. There are tons of cool leggings out there. They need to be tight. And you need a good tuck. I prefer pink or orange in the solid colors, but black works with anything. And then there are the patterns. I can?t get enough of them.
    Tucking. You need this for tight pants, leggings and miniskirts. Forget about the gaffs you see online. They?re either horribly expensive or they don?t work. Mostly they don?t work. Instead, get some firm control panties from the shapewear section. Buy them a size too small. They will normally hide the unsightly bulge just fine on their own. But if you need a bit more, add some pantyhose. Pantyhose also work well on their own. When you get a run in your pantyhose, don?t throw them away. Cut off the legs and keep the panty part to use as a gaff.

Makeup.
    Makeup takes practice, but not a huge amount.
    Foundation. Start with foundation. It will transform your skin, hiding big pores and giving your face a smooth feminine look. My beard turned white when I was in my late 20s so I?ve never worried about beard cover. Others have given good advice about this. Use it if you need it. A thin coat of foundation that lets your natural color show through a bit is best. I use liquid powder, but others prefer powder over a liquid base. The powder part is what will give your face the smooth look.
    Blush. A necessity after foundation, but less is more. Just a hint of color usually looks better than intense pink.
    Get good at foundation first then add blush and the rest.
    Eye makeup. Eyeshadow, not too intense. Start with earth tones. Eyeliner. Get it right and you?ll fall in love with it. Mascara, the finishing touch. Use the lash-lengthening kind, and put on two coats.
    False eyelashes. Cool, but I wear glasses and most of them are so long they continually brush against my lenses.
    Nail polish. Some women wear it, some don?t. I love the way it makes my hands look. It takes practice. Put it on right before you shower. Let it dry first. Once your skin gets wet you can clean up any places where you painted your skin.

Jewelry. What?s a woman without jewelry?
    Thin chains can be worn with any outfits. A necklace or pendant enhances any outfit. Walk through the jewelry section of any store (I like Kohls) and if something makes your eyes light up, buy it. No need to go expensive. Plain beads can look wonderful with the right outfit.
    Bracelets also enhance any outfit. Get a few inexpensive ones to match your moods. Anklets work well with sheer stockings/pantyhose.

Did I miss anything? Have a great time with this!