Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crossdressing must-have items

Crossdressing must-have items

Hi all,
    i'm tired of borrowing my wife's stuff and always scared she smells me. So im starting to gain my own female collection.
    The first thing i bought were 4inch high heeled sandals because i've had never experienced these, and i have big feet.
    second thing is a yellow mini skirt and some panties..
    Schermafbeelding 2021-12-31 om 13.49.52.png

Now im looking for tips what to buy next? im already looking for new heels ( i think i have a thing for them)
    And what were the first things you added to your own female collection?

xx
    Lucy

Top of my list would be. Bras, girdles, corset, wig, makeup.

Hmm, that?s a pretty short skirt Lucy ; )

The list of things just seems to grow and grow. Once you get beyond the basics, you end up getting hooked on looking at additional accessories like bracelets, rings, nails, etc. The list seems endless but it?s fun to explore it all.

Anyhow, not everyone uses breast forms, but for me that?s a game changer. I like the asymmetrical ones best. Follow that with makeup and a wig and you are on your way.

Sandi

I've gotta say I do not have a thing for any one item...I enjoy it all. However, I must say that the breastforms kicked things into high gear, and the wig, as you see in the avatar, insured Kris Burton was in the house and there was no way I'd be turning back.

If you have any ambition to go out dressed, make sure you have a handbag. Pockets in women's clothing can be dodgy.

If someone told me their wife could tell if someone had worn her clothes by the smell, I'd say either the lady was born with the nose of a bloodhound or the rogue clothing wearer should bathe more often.

Maybe getting your own wardrobe is for the best.
    Last edited by Patience; 12-31-2021 at 10:06 AM. Reason: Corrected a pronoun.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

I'm going to go with Karen's list.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Platinum Member
    The very first feminine garments were nightgowns; pink peignoir set and an ankle length black nylon gown. That was the very early 1970's. I still have the pink peignoir and sleep in it on occasion. I now have 28 night gowns, so, I do have to rotate. When I first acquired the nightgowns my wife and I were on board with a little bedroom kink; nightgown, stockings and garter belt. When things started to develop she shut down and it became "Don't Ask, Don't Tell." Under the mutually exclusive beginnings I ventured forth into full slips and panties. My wife finding a Vanity Fair vivid red bra in the hands of our then three year old daughter brought on "The Talk."

I have not read other comments yet, but, wearing your wife's clothing is a No No, especially if you're going to leave perfume or cosmetic scents on it. I am willing to bet your wife has you figured out. You just do not know it. If you're starting from scratch I would recommend assembling one complete outfit. I always have worn dresses and my addiction is full slips. I first bought a bra, panty and full slip in white. Maybe a neutral skin tone would be best as there is less contrast of a bra and panty showing through the over clothing. If you're going to get a short dress or skirt to show off those legs, I recommend a pair of pantyhose; sheer to waist. When you decide to acquire more undergarments I recommend first completing the bra, panty and slip with basic white, black and neutral/nude. I am at a stage in my wardrobe to having matching bra, panty and slips in a wide range of colors in the rainbow to match my dresses; reds, greens, pinks, shades of blue, purples and lavender, greens, yellows. If your chest size is 32, 34, or 36 there are still a lot of offerings on ebay in the vintage slip categories. If you're a 40 or above, forget it. You cannot afford it. Have fun. But, don't wear your wife's attire without her permission.

Love short skirts too, Nice legs.
    A bra is a must, stockings and more dresses would be on my list.

This is my list, more-or-less in order. I consider these basic necessities. Add fancier stuff as you choose.

Nylon panties with lace trim. Buy a pack at Walmart.
    Bra and breastforms. Buy one basic bra. Choose cup size carefully. Fit your breastforms to the bra as best you can. Buy a different bra as needed. Buy more basic bras once you?ve got the cup size right.
    Ballet flats. High heels will start to be uncomfortable after a while. You can wear flats all day.
    High heels. 5 inch spike heels are cool, but 2 inch blocky heels are more comfortable. Start with those.
    Pantyhose or garter belt and stockings. You?ll love the way they make your legs look. Pantyhose go on quicker. Shave your legs if you can. Otherwise buy opaque tights. Black goes with anything.
    Dresses. They come in a myriad of styles. Some will look good on you, some will look horrible. The best way to be sure is to try them on in a brick and mortar store. Otherwise be prepared for some disappointments. It takes some time to find your style. Start with a knee length Little Black Dress. Not too tight. I prefer sleeveless, but if you?ve got gorilla arms, go with long sleeves. Shopping for new dresses is one of the great joys of the crossdressing lifestyle. You don?t have to buy everything you see.
    Skirts and tops. I prefer skirts and tops to dresses. Buy them together so you?re buying outfits rather than individual items. The exception is a knee-length black skirt which will go with anything. If you?re not good at matching colors, stick with dresses.
    Wigs. Nothing will enhance your femininity like a good wig. Even a bad wig is better than none. The only way to be sure about how a wig will look on you is to go to a wig store and try it on. You won?t be the first man the staff has waited on, so don?t be shy. If you just can?t do that, order on line, but be prepared for some disappointments. Wear it right. A wig isn?t a baseball cap. The top of the wig goes at your hairline, not across your forehead. If the top of the wig bulges up, you?re wearing it too low.
    Lipstick. After a wig, lipstick is the best thing to enhance your femininity. Experiment with different colors. Your preferences will change with your mood and with your outfit. You need red, pink, and one or more neutral shades, and whatever else fits your fancy.
    Dangle earrings. Yes, you need some. You should get your ears pierced if they?re not already. Clipons will start to hurt after a while, and magnetics are even worse. The piercings won?t be noticeable in male mode, and you can even wear studs without getting any comments.

Now for things that are good to have, but optional.
    Purses. If you?re going to go out into the real world, you need a purse. And you need to condition yourself to keeping it with you at all times. Eventually you will feel naked without it.
    Feminine jeans. I wear ones with embroidery exclusively, even when presenting as male. I wear them loose. If you go with tight jeans, you need to worry about tucking (see below). If you plan to go out much, remember, women wear jeans a lot.
    Full and half slips. If you have staticky dresses and skirts these are a must. They will keep your skirt looking smooth and keep it from sticking to your legs. They are also good with rough unlined skirts and dresses. A full slip can also serve as a nightgown.
    Leggings. There are tons of cool leggings out there. They need to be tight. And you need a good tuck. I prefer pink or orange in the solid colors, but black works with anything. And then there are the patterns. I can?t get enough of them.
    Tucking. You need this for tight pants, leggings and miniskirts. Forget about the gaffs you see online. They?re either horribly expensive or they don?t work. Mostly they don?t work. Instead, get some firm control panties from the shapewear section. Buy them a size too small. They will normally hide the unsightly bulge just fine on their own. But if you need a bit more, add some pantyhose. Pantyhose also work well on their own. When you get a run in your pantyhose, don?t throw them away. Cut off the legs and keep the panty part to use as a gaff.

Makeup.
    Makeup takes practice, but not a huge amount.
    Foundation. Start with foundation. It will transform your skin, hiding big pores and giving your face a smooth feminine look. My beard turned white when I was in my late 20s so I?ve never worried about beard cover. Others have given good advice about this. Use it if you need it. A thin coat of foundation that lets your natural color show through a bit is best. I use liquid powder, but others prefer powder over a liquid base. The powder part is what will give your face the smooth look.
    Blush. A necessity after foundation, but less is more. Just a hint of color usually looks better than intense pink.
    Get good at foundation first then add blush and the rest.
    Eye makeup. Eyeshadow, not too intense. Start with earth tones. Eyeliner. Get it right and you?ll fall in love with it. Mascara, the finishing touch. Use the lash-lengthening kind, and put on two coats.
    False eyelashes. Cool, but I wear glasses and most of them are so long they continually brush against my lenses.
    Nail polish. Some women wear it, some don?t. I love the way it makes my hands look. It takes practice. Put it on right before you shower. Let it dry first. Once your skin gets wet you can clean up any places where you painted your skin.

Jewelry. What?s a woman without jewelry?
    Thin chains can be worn with any outfits. A necklace or pendant enhances any outfit. Walk through the jewelry section of any store (I like Kohls) and if something makes your eyes light up, buy it. No need to go expensive. Plain beads can look wonderful with the right outfit.
    Bracelets also enhance any outfit. Get a few inexpensive ones to match your moods. Anklets work well with sheer stockings/pantyhose.

Did I miss anything? Have a great time with this!
    Last edited by CynthiaD; 12-31-2021 at 01:23 PM. Reason: “Right” got spellchecked into “Rohingya”
    What do I do on days when I don't crossdress? I have no idea.

Banned Read only
    My list of essentials, which is what is inside a backpack in my trunk at all times:

Black panties + bra
    Black girdle
    Boned waist cincher
    Two pairs of PH (100 denier black and sheer)
    One pair of 4" ankle boots, gray
    One pair of skinny jeans
    One short sleeve top
    One long sleeve top
    One light jacket
    One little black dress
    C-Cup breastplate
    Two shoulder length wigs, one black and one brown w highlights

Makeup bag:
    Liquid foundation
    Pressed powder
    Orange concealer
    Eye shadow
    Eyeliner
    Lipstick
    Lip liner pen
    Brow pencil
    Cordless razor/trimmer
    Moisturizing cream

And finally:
    Makeup removal wipes

Starting with the basics: panties, bras, forms, pantyhose, stockings or thigh highs, shapers, hip pads, full and half slip, flats and heels, makeup, dresses, skirts, pants, tops, wigs, jewelry, perfume, scented body lotion, etc. Caution: it?s addicting.

Banned Read only
    You can bathe twice a day and your body will still release its scent into whatever you are wearing. Yes, you too have a unique scent. It's part of being a living being. Women tend to be more in tune to that sort of thing than men. It's a basic fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Patience View Post
    If someone told me their wife could tell if someone had worn her clothes by the smell, I'd say either the lady was born with the nose of a bloodhound or the rogue clothing wearer should bathe more often.

Maybe getting your own wardrobe is for the best.

Once, many years ago, I had a live-in girl friend. I came back from a business trip and smelled a third person’s scent on my pillow. She confessed and we broke up soon thereafter.
    What do I do on days when I don't crossdress? I have no idea.

A laser hair removal system that works. I'm looking at a few on AMAZON but I haven't decided yet. I don't mind shaving my legs once a week. I just hate the booboo bands that I have to put on every time I niche myself.
    CANCER IS A BITCH SO YOU HAVE TO BE MORE OF A BITCH TO BEAT IT.

For around the house, my must-haves are nylons, heels and a skirt. Simple. I have dozens of pairs of heels and love wearing most of them, I should really sort them and take a pic and maybe post it on this forum.

However, going out in public is a different story and the other ladies here have covered that. An easily overlooked item is in Patience's comment-

Quote Originally Posted by Patience View Post
    If you have any ambition to go out dressed, make sure you have a handbag. Pockets in women's clothing can be dodgy.
    First few times I went out, it didn't feel right and then it dawned on me - a handbag. With a handbag everything clicked into place.

Wherever you go Lucy, have fun xxx

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    U left out hip and butt pads. Sherry never leaves home without them!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

As you're a little way off going out I'd say that a bra and the breast forms to go in it are a basic necessity. Those and a wig. having those is transformative in just how you look. Check out online just how to measure yourself for the correct bra size. Finding out just what size you take in dresses can be a little more tricky. One technique is to order online 3 dresses, all the same but 3 different and consecutive sizes. keep the one that fits, send the other two back. It also helps to stay with the same supplier as they tend to keep sizing standard.

Tights/hose are a consumable. No matter how careful you are they will ladder at some point but packs of 5 are an easy find in supermarkets.

As others have said, a corset is something that will again transform your dressing and if your purse stretches to it, hip and bum padding to go with it.

As for me, shoes, 2 sizes too small were some of my first buys.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Definitely beautiful/romantic/bridal/lacy lingerie, nothing is more feminine in my opinion. I absolutely love it.

Definitely stockings, garter belt and panties.

If you are concerned about your wife, a must have would be a place to hide your items.

Breast forms upped the game for me too, but when I added silicon hip pads, that really lit the fire. My body suddenly looked proper.
    You are you. You are beautiful. Labels are worthless.

Banned Read only
    A proper size handbag is a must to carry makeup, keys, and phone. Also, a handbag gives you something to hold tight, which can be super helpful to overcome the fear and anxiety that comes with being a newbie.

Quote Originally Posted by MonicaPVD View Post
    You can bathe twice a day and your body will still release its scent into whatever you are wearing. Yes, you too have a unique scent. It's part of being a living being. Women tend to be more in tune to that sort of thing than men. It's a basic fact.
    Good point. Thank you.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

If you are into vintage like many of us, everything you see in this picture is a must ! Enjoy !!
    Matching Green Daywear - Sears, 1970's_.jpg

For myself it was pantyhose and then I remember it was close to Halloween and I got the courage to buy a slip.