Thread: Another New Years Eve break through: THE TALK

Another New Years Eve break through: THE TALK

Sorry Girls it is long

Timeline: In early December I took my weekend trip to Maryland. I spent the entire weekend there en-femme. I returned home and then joined this group. I posted my first submission to the forum titled My Story. All though my wife knew about my dressing many of the suggestions were that I had not done a great job over the years of communicating my needs and wants for dressing. I also had not given her a chance to discuss her concerns and boundaries. I could not have agreed more and after this feedback I knew I needed to revisit this conversation with her.

On Christmas Eve we went shopping at LL Bean for a new coat for me. I found one that I liked, and we proceeded to the checkout. The SA had long nails that were painted a glossy white. They looked so good on them. As we got in the car and began the drive home, I was waiting for the question. In situations where gender is in question my wife will ultimately turn to our adult daughter and ask, "is that a boy or a girl." I asked her what made that so important and what was the problem. She said I have a lot of problems with that and was becoming defensive. I just sat quietly for the rest of the ride home.

The week of Christmas moving to New Year?s Eve I was feeling a lot more anxiety and depression. I knew I had to have this conversation but became scared again after her comments. I have also had a lot of insomnia recently and the morning of NYE was one of them. I was up around 3 and got out of bed closer to 4. She got up around 5 and fed the cats and came to sit down on the couch. She asked what was wrong with me and I replied just unable to sleep again. She brought up several things and I stated no that it was none of them. I knew she was wanting me to answer, and she was also wanting to be helpful.

I just said I needed to talk to you again about something we have discussed before. I said I had been dressing and that I wanted to discuss this with her and to get things more open. She cut me off and asked if I was trying to be a woman? I answered no and that is not my intention. She said I don"t care if you wear those things at home. I explained I did not get much of a chance anymore to ever do that since someone is always at home. I have always been more of an under-dresser. I said I wanted to be able to wear panties and socks or hose under my work clothes. She stated I don't care if you wear panties or those things. You will have to be the one that answers to that if something happens. I explained that was not going to be a problem at all for me. She said you will have to return to ?regular? when you come to bed. I also mentioned that at least once every 3 months or so I would like to go somewhere and spend time dressed. She was not keen on that because of the expenses. She just said if you can make that work financially then okay.

I could tell she was becoming frustrated with the conversation. I asked if there was anything else she would like to talk about. She said no. I just said the best thing we can do is to keep an open dialogue and if there comes a time when she needs or wants to talk about things she can. Her questions are important and welcomed. I told her how much I appreciated her. And that was that.

Final thought: I must thank you all, but specifically that SA at LL Bean. I so appreciate the younger folks that are pushing gender boundaries. They are paving the way for people who have had to live in the closet to finally be able to have freedom.
    Last edited by Jenni6521; 01-01-2022 at 03:23 PM.

I went back and read your earlier post Jenni. I think you've made significant progress since that time, and your talk has a hopeful ring to it. You were open about your dressing and needs, and your wife was equally frank about her position and concerns. You were not shut down, there are no secrets here, and that is the best part. Personally, if you can get away for a weekend and swing it financially, I would do so and so indicate that you were going...just pick a good time and give plenty of advance notice. In so doing you would be holding up your end of the agreement. If you do these things without incident, or even if there is a skirmish, you know where you stand. You can make your adjustments if any are needed based on fact rather than what you think may happen or what you fear may happen. Effectively, your relationship is no longer DADT. Continue to take it slow, don't push the issue and let it develop naturally. I think you may have a good shot at success, and far less stress.

congratz.....dialogue is what needs to happen.....albeit even if its still uncomfortable its in the right direction,
    i never promise anything....you just dont know and i never want to assume its ok because its difficult to talk about.

im amazed at what im able to do, where im able to go and how tolerant she has become even though she wishes not to see it she knows its happening.

when i first landed here it was a blitz of new ideas....experiences.....toleration....needs....if you find the balance you need to make it work for both of you it will make for the best success also...good luck and be patient....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Jenni, thanks for sharing your story with us. Progress no matter how little is progress and it's good that you've been able to talk with your Wife some more.

It's difficult for our Wives so we have to not be pushy and take things slowly, glad things are positive for you.

Good job keeping the dialog open.

Just make sure that if you go away every three months for "girl time", then she should have equal time getting away for "girl time". Maybe set a budget for your separate vacations.

Jenni, I am glad your discussion made some progress. My wife is supporting, but even given that I have trouble discussing some things related to my dressing. So I can only image how hard it was for you.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Jenni, I think you are on the right track and hopefully more talks will follow. She seems to be trying to understand. She does sound scared and worried. Do your best to show her that you honor her feelings. Don?t know if you?ve been following my thread about FLR marriages, but what really seemed to make a difference for us is when I realized that she saw some of my behavior as selfish and I started working on showing her that I would put her needs first. Not saying that would work for you, but I do believe she is more likely to give you what you want if she experiences you as putting her first. Good luck, Nancy

You have a good wife

Quote Originally Posted by Jenni6521 View Post

... I just said the best thing we can do is to keep an open dialogue and if there comes a time when she needs or wants to talk about things she can. Her questions are important and welcomed. I told her how much I appreciated her. And that was that.
    Absolute GOLD!!!

IMHO, This one line needs to be pinned to the top of the forum.
    I am Me and Me is OK!

Shelby