Thread: What an amazing start to the new year. I hope it continues to get better.

What an amazing start to the new year. I hope it continues to get better.

As I have mentioned, I write romance and erotic fiction, much of it with a crossdressing/transgender theme.
    Today I went to a small restaurant I sometime go to when I want to get out of my apartment to work on one of my stories.
    The restaurant wasn't busy and my waitress, bored I guess, came by my table and asked me what I was doing.
    I told her that I was a writer wannabe and what I was writing; a story about a cross dresser that finds a supporting environment.
    She smiled at me, "That's wonderful. I'm so glad someone is writing about things like that. I would love to read your stories." I gave her the link and gave her a synopsis of a couple of my favorite story lines.

What followed was nothing short of magic.
    She asked where I got my inspiration and I told her about someone I knew that had transitioned and a specific story they had inspired. Then, for reasons I didn't understand, I pulled my shirt open a little and let her see the lace on my bra.

"OMG, that is so wonderful. Thank you for sharing that with me. I'm in the LGBTQ spectrum, too." She gave me a huge hug.

In three to four minute increments, she and I talked for the next four hours about our histories, how we got started on our paths and a little about the places that had taken us.
    We talked about the struggles LGBTQ people face and how difficult it is when loved ones don't understand. We talked about the risks and rewards of coming out of the closet.
    I even told her the story I posted in another thread about the waitress at the sports bar that was wearing the same panties and bra as me. She thought it was funny, too.

It was as if some oppressive weight I had been carrying was suddenly gone.

It was so amazing to just sit and talk freely about all the things we share in this forum with someone so accepting and I wanted to share a little of that experience with all of you.
    We all need a little hope in our lives and by sharing it, maybe your 2022 will be off to a little better start. I know mine certainly is.
    I am Me and Me is OK!

Shelby

Wow! I often wonder how many other seemingly 'normal' people I interact with are actually on the LGBTQ spectrum, and also how many people I meet daily even dimly suspect that I am a crossdresser.

Thanks for the post, Shelby. Good luck with the writing and research!

"It's good to talk" was an ad line from a big telecoms operator some years ago and in this case proves to be true.

The LGBTQ Community is perhaps bigger than we think. As often said, its5a spectrum and has now expanded to include those who previously wouldn't have fitted the stereotypical Gay profile.

We also have a more open minded younger generation that generally is less judgemental of their peers. It's not universal I know but far less pronounced than older generations.

Shelly, who knows the may have opened up a door into friendships with others who make up our wider community.

Great start to the year.

That is cool. Please share a link to your stories here.

Kismet. And yes, I too would like to read your stories. Are they in the Writers Society section here?

Shelby, What a great story about trying to write a story. I truly hope the young lady ends up being your muse.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

As I thought might happen, some of my stories touch on topics that are not allowed in the forum. If you'd like to read them, please PM me and I will send you the link.

Kris and Jen, I have already PM'd you the link.
    I am Me and Me is OK!

Shelby

Hi Shelby,

Thanks for sharing that wonderful story!

Marion

Once upon a time... Veronica Lacey's Avatar
    That's very cool, ShelbyDawn...a little morale boost indeed. Thanks for sharing!

OMG, ShelbyDawn, I started reading your stories from a link that was provided on one this threads, and LOVE all of the stories I have read so far! I can’t stop reading them!