I've been out publicly, totally, legally for well over a year and less than totally to the entire world for much longer. So over these holidays I spent time with people I've known for many, many years (some over 50) so they've got a lot of history with me as male. They've been great support as I've pursued my transition and it's making the whole process much better knowing I have that base on my side.

However, despite gentle reminders and frequent self-corrections they still tend to dead name me and use male pronouns for me. I'm trying to avoid being militant but it's making me think I've not done enough to give all the female cues they need to remind them of my identity as a woman. I've been presenting full time as female for the last nearly two years, had BA and FFS around my eyes, cheeks, nose and upper lip. I'm going to be meeting these folks and another couple at a national park later in February and would like to avoid getting dead named without dampening the joy of being with people I love in a place I've never been.

I'm thinking of wearing one of those sticker badges that say "Hello! My name is . . ." and filling it in with -

Sarah
(She/her/hers)

- as a gentle way to do this. Does anyone have suggestions that have worked for them but didn't push people away?