Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stupid question?

Stupid question?

When I start getting ready to be Dee Dee, I get very excited. Is it sexual or sensual? I don't wanna be with a male figure but I get so pre- climactic. I don't understand. Anyone else?

Always - euphoric too. I don't try to understand, I just enjoy. It's a great feeling, isn't it?
    Last edited by Kris Burton; 01-03-2022 at 03:54 PM.

Dan,

It's something so many of us have experienced in the early years of our dressing. I guess you could consider it as our associating the clothing with female sexuality as we in some way become the woman we desire.

Most here will say that it's something that fades away as your dressing progresses and you become more confident and frankly just better at dressing. What was forbidden fruit, bras and knickers become just your underwear. As Eddie Izzard says; "They're not women's clothes, they're my clothes".

It doesn't stop you feeling sensual. In the same way a GG having got dressed for a night out might look in the mirror and see a sexy lady looking back, we can experience the same. Us with all the curves in all the right places, great looking legs, what's not to like and feel good about?

And while your emotions may change, be assured that what you loose in one respect gets made up for in others.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

I think you are finally getting to explore a part of you, Yeah it excites you, as it should . But you get to be YOU. You get dressed , take that deep breath and exhale and that calmness comes over you. That's you getting to be you and it can be very exciting.

I often feel the same way. I'd suggest it is a combination of sexual and sensual. Sensual in that much of women's clothing feels so good to wear -- panties, nylons, slips. Sexual perhaps in this sense: When you get really dressed up it is probably the second most intimate female relationship there is.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Dan, it's not a stupid question. But, I had to look it up to understand it. Because I always thot sensual WAS sexual!?

sen?su?al
    /ˈsen(t)SH(o͞o)əl/
    Learn to pronounce
    adjective
    relating to or involving gratification of the senses and physical, especially sexual, pleasure.

If u meant dressing turns u on? Ha ha! Welcome to the club!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Definitely not a dumb question at all Dan. I get extremely excited sexually about becoming Jess when I slip into gorgeous lingerie for bed every night, and I have a boyfriend to wear it for which makes it even more thrilling and sexual for me.

Dee Dee, I have exactly the same reaction, and for me it's explained by Helen's first paragraph above. In my younger days it was much stronger (I'm in my 60s), but even now maybe half the time while I'm getting dressed or putting on makeup I feel the arousal, with an emphasis on the "pre-climactic." I of course enjoy that but also the times when I can just become feminine and lounge around en femme for awhile (or underdressed all day!).

I also become become excited and sensual/sexual when getting dressed. There are a lot of reasons I suppose but I am not one to do a lot of analysis. I would say though it?s based a lot on lack of frequency of dressing, anticipation, and usually I will dress in something that makes me feel sexy.

Not a dumb question at all. In our world there are very few dumb questions if you are asking about your experiences that drive or result in your becoming the person attached to your alternate identity or your true identity. Whichever way it is for you.

Long ago it was often quite sexual, but after a few decades and certainly now it is rarely sexual and not really all that sensual. Dressing, even if it is just a little, is calming, peaceful, and just feels right. It satisfies the female-like portion of my total identity which is now a major part of who I am no matter what clothes I am wearing. In the past Gretchen came and went; now she is there all the time as a partner to my male-like identity. A collaboration of a sort. Thus, I mostly dress in a mild androgynous way because I have finally discovered that is the nature of who I am as a person. I do enjoy going to the maximum once in awhile - a great while - because it is all a part of this curious behavior we engage in.

Does everybody achieve this point? Not hardly. We all follow our own paths as our understanding and experience grows. But for me it seems to be the ultimate outcome of a life long struggle. Life is good now. I am 76 and I could stay this way for the rest of my life and be quite content. But I may not - time will tell.

Dee Dee, I still get turned on dressing, not in a sexual way, but senual works. I just love the feeling.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I would say sensual. All about the feeling.

First of all there's never a stupid question. My wife just made a comment last week when she asked me to try on one of her skirts to see how it looked on me. When I pulled my pants down to try on the skirt I was already arousded, she said I get arousded just of the idea I'm going to wear something fem. I can't help it, I love it.

Oh thank goodness! Thank you ladies for sharing 🙂
    Hope you have a wonderful day

When I was a teenager or in my 20's it was very sexual.... as I've grown older it more of a feminine sensual thing. You're experiencing something similar and is perfectly normal.

It’s a very powerful feeling that’s so intense it feels sexual. It fades with time, but never completely goes away, even if you dress every day. It’s more a feeling of being your true self. I still get a thrill standing in front of the mirror in my wig, bra and panties. I’m seeing my true self not some strange person I hardly recognize.

Of course I’m speaking only for myself. Every cross dresser has her own reasons for crossdressing, and it’s all good.
    What do I do on days when I don't crossdress? I have no idea.

Albuquerque, NM (SE of there in mountain foothills)
    For me, having dressed a long time, most times now putting on a dress or mini skirt and top, etc. means any "excitement" is short lived. However, if I put on a baby doll or short nighty, my imagination then goes completely wild and "excitement" is inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Maria 60 View Post
    When I pulled my pants down to try on the skirt I was already arousded, she said I get arousded just of the idea I'm going to wear something fem. I can't help it, I love it.
    This reminded me that I sometimes start to get aroused while shopping in the women's department, in anticipation of wearing the items I buy, so I have to mentally switch gears to stop it!

For me, it depends on the setting and the motivation.

On the one hand, when I get up, I pull on a bra, cami and t-shirt and a pair of jeans and get on with my day, so it feels perfectly normal. There is no thrill, arousal or frisson of excitement - I'm just getting up and dressed, as we all do every morning.

But on the other hand, when I shave, get into some sexy lingerie, a nice dress and shoes, and put the wig and a bit of makeup on and a dab or two of perfume then yes. The frisson and excitement is definitely there, and is very sensual. BUT - it's not necessarily (or often) a SEXUAL thrill, at least not primarily. Sexual arousal may or may not come later depending on any number of factors, some planned and others more unpredictable.

EDIT: @ Larissa; Oh dear! Yes, I've done that too on a couple of occasions, and felt very embarrassed. No harm done, though, and as you say I just shifted gears mentally and started thinking about something else. Some things do look so incredibly cute or sexy though.

@ Lydia; Oh, yes. I love looking down at myself (or in the big mirror in my bathroom) in my little black baby-doll, black bralette and black lace-fronted panties. It just looks and feels so sensual and 'right'. I would love a partner who's willing to accept this as my 'normal' sleepwear, although it's not an essential part of my lovemaking.
    Last edited by Wendy-Lyn; 01-04-2022 at 08:30 PM.

Hi Dan. Not that's not a stupid question at all. The same happens to me when I get dressed as Shirley. This is a bery common thing with crossing and just thinking about it, can also trigger these feelings.
    Is sexual or sensual?
    From my own experience , probably a little bit more sexually arousing than sensual but I have had those feeling of sensuality as well.
    I don't know what exactly it is but there's just something about the softness of the fabric of female clothing that for some reason, just manages to generate that level of 'excitement' so in answer to the question, I'd sya that maybe its a little bit of both.

In my adult years on the somewhat rare occasions I'd put my wife's pantyhose on, it always resulted in a quick and total arousal. I only tried them on in secret so was able to satisfy myself rather quickly. However, since losing my prostate to cancer in 2007, physical arousal is no longer an issue. What I actually feel the most is a sense of absolute contentment and calm. I've no idea why I have that reaction as I honestly have no interest whatsoever in transitioning or being a woman. I don't care for anyone other than my wife to ever see me dressing. I'd never go out in public fully dressed. I do, however, enjoy being dressed under when out. There is nothing (to me) that feels as nice as wearing a bra(lette), panties, and stockings.

Probably it's both.
    Early on for me it was almost always sexual. As time passed I found that dissipated and was replaced by a feeling of sensuality.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I feel far more attractive as a female then I do as a Male, which also boosts my confidence, and makes me want to dress more.

I am new to this and feel the same way.

I am more about the sensual feeling like some of the others. When I was younger it was for purely sexual arousal. Now, I just love the feeling of being Linda!

Jolene G - Welcome to the forum. I hope to see a lot of posts from you!