Thread: Erin takes a step back.

Erin takes a step back.

So today it was announced where I live that schools will go online for 2 weeks. I was crushed. Still am reeling knowing Erin gets put back in the closet. I have made so many strides forward and was going to see a gender therapist via zoom and even that on hold now. Just deflates. Anyone else have the wind knocked out of thier sails?

Sad and yearning for Erin time...
    Erin

Frequently for the past year. I just look for opportunities and take what comes -- even for only a couple hours.

Platinum Member
    Many times. At worst it can be like getting the wind knocked out of you by a hard hit. Such is life, right? External events occur and the best laid plans are out the window.

It happens to a lot of us and it is really disheartening. People who are cisgender (only have one gender identity that is noticeable) also experience it, but it is over things that are not identity related. It is human. In time you learn to adjust or compensate. For some and very much for me, during those times a little bit goes a long ways toward keeping the dysphoria monster at bay. Still not nice like freely expressing who you are, but it is far better than having nothing to hang on to.

Erin, I cannot dress at home because of the presence of adult children. So I need to go to a hotel to dress. Until I was vaccinated and now boosted, covid put a big crimp in my ability to do so.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Erin like you I cannot dress at home at the moment. They say 2 is company 3 is a crowd. Well there are 4 of us here.I lost my dressing place Sept 2020 so have few opportunities now . I share your frustration.

Platinum Member
    Sure, Covid-19 knocked out any possible fem time. After my wife fully retired which put a really big dent in Stephanie time, Covid-19 dried up my wife's overnight babysitting at our daughter's apartment. She recently offered to stay overnight if our daughter and SIL wanted to go out for dinner and a movie. Hope spring eternal.

It really stinks lately. My Danielle time has also been short circuited... very frustrating.

Like so many others, my time has been very "limited" as of late - I really miss getting some time and photos of Terri and the change it brings over me. I am going to be semi-retiring/taking a more limited role at work as the year progresses, so I will have to figure out ways to get out of the house (DADT) and have some time to myself. I am open to any suggestions anyone might care to offer. Thanks.
    I am what I am and also what I am not!

The only way to deal with that Erin is to go and play some hockey, eh? Now go and take off you hoser!!!

Cherish the time with your kids because soon they will be off and you can never get that time back!

I knew I wasn't alone!! Thanks for the support ladies. Time with my kids is precious I know that. One is almost out of highschool so it won't be long before they are off on life's adventures. Hockey solves alot Linda!! Lol been out on the ice every chance I get! This site helps too. All of you ladies are helpful and I thank every one of you for getting me out of the dumps.

Hi other Erin,
    I certainly understand your position and feel much of what you are going through. It sucks, I know.
    As you may recall, I recently took my elderly Mother into my home and my dressing time has been cut to pretty much zero. As we all know, the feeling does not go away and maybe even intensifies due to the lack of opportunity to scratch that itch. So far I've been able to compensate through retail therapy and putting some really pretty outfits together for when I'm finally able to have some me time. Amazon has certainly softened the blow.
    I can't do much more than accept delivery, make sure that everything fits properly and then hide it away for the time being. Certainly a little frustrating but it's better than nothing I suppose.
    I've never really been a big underdresser but today I'm wearing panties and a satin camisole underneath and it's definitely helping. It feels really good to be adjusting my spaghetti straps from time to time. Sometimes, it's the small victories that can sustain us...
    The most common form of despair is not being who you are. - Soren Kierkegaard

As others have said, enjoy your kids, even if they are teenagers and use what ever little time comes. Right now, I have 20 minutes with a bra and Halloween wig on to “scratch that itch” as someone else has said. I am just emptying the dishwasher and reading this site on the laptop and listening VERY carefully for the car to come home.

But what if your kids are around 35 and they sleep all day and only come out of their room at night?

That is not why I am responding. I have had no Natalie time since before Christmas and now my step Son is staying for a extra week maybe. He usually lives up north while going to school, (still). Plans to be a professional student I think.

Anyway it has been 2 weeks and I am starting to dream that I am dressed. I do not like underdressing. I go all out or nothing.

Erin, Not to worry. Things will get back to normal.

I can definitely relate. I am a planner in general but very much so around my Tiffany time as I have to fit it into windows of time. I think about what I am going to wear, make sure a camera is charged if I am going to use it, etc and then something happens and throws that plan out the window. I have worked on my breathing exercises to get thru it and I know that other opportunities will come but I want to be Tiffany all the time and that is still not an option.

Hang in there .
    Like others have said plan for the next time ….I think that helps.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

Thanks Di. Southern Ontario sucks right now lol. I'm planning a trip to TO with a friend to get a new wig so maybe just maybe that will scratch the itch!!

There do seem to be roadblocks at the worst times. I was a single dad for 20 years and could only dress when the kids went to their grandparent's. I underdressed every day everywhere, cruises, vacations and work. I decided to get remarried two years ago. My oldest went to prison and I won't let her move back home. My youngest didn't get along with my new wife and moved in with her boyfriend. Now my new wife just left, I've been sober 10 years and she wasn't drinking until we got married and it got bad. This Monday my youngest said she was coming back home. Here I am with new breast forms and a growing wardrobe and all the house to myself. I told her no. Her college is paid for and that includes room and board, but she won't go. She's looking for an apartment now, but saying no was hard as heck. I've been depressed all week. I even tried going to the pinball arcade, my favorite hobby, but I couldn't play well at all. I feel like I'm being selfish, but my parent's wouldn't let me move back home after college and I'm grateful for that kick out of the nest.
    I hope you get some time soon. "Keep your stick on the ice, we are all in this together" Red Green.