Go talk to a therapist is often advice given here but to just what extent does replying to threads act as a virtual therapist for many of us? I pondered this after replying to a thread with many replies, replies that I know so many of us don't read before adding our own entry.

So are we just expressing our opinion or are we there simultaneously on the virtual couch expressing our deepest thoughts? Committing ourselves to the screen as a way of solidifying our emotions and ponderings. Is this more true for those who perhaps don't get as much dressing time as they'd like? Being here is that safety valve that allows us to feel a greater connection to our femme selves when physically expressing it isn't possible?

I come here daily, several times in fact even though most days I spend time in femme attire and regularly wear forms and heels. I'm drawn here to make contact with others like me. It breaks the isolation it's possible to occasionally feel but mostly it's just to know I can converse with others like me. Sympathetic listening ears and isn't that what a therapist is?