Thread: A glimmer of hope? Or am I imagining it?

A glimmer of hope? Or am I imagining it?

I've been a secret under dresser for years but, apart from one visit to a dresser a couple of years ago where my avatar picture came from, I've never fully dressed with wig and makeup etc. This New Year's Eve, after a few drinks my wife and I decided to go home and see the new year in wearing our comfy's. While we were getting changed I jokingly said she should put her nightie on instead of her usual pyjamas. She never usually wears a nightie but did occasionally because she knows I like to see her wearing it. To my surprise she got it out of the drawer but then threw it over to me and told me to put it on. I'd secretly worn it before so I knew it fitted me. I quickly put it on treating it as a joke and then pushed my luck and quickly grabbed the knickers she'd just taken off and put them on too. Still laughing we went down stairs and I stayed in her nightie and knickers chatting in general until we went to bed after midnight. I was asked to take them off for intimacy but after I mocked disappointment she said I could put them back on afterwards, which I did. The next time it was mentioned was after our morning coffee when she suggested I take them off before our daughter came.

The following day we went shopping for new pyjamas for her. While we were browsing she called me over to show me a nightie and held it up in front of her. I noticed that the size was more suitable for me than her but nothing was said and she didn't buy it.

Do you think there's a hint that she may be open to me dressing in front of her? Did I miss an opportunity in the shop or am I reading too much in to a drunken joke?

Since you asked, I think you should have a talk with her.

Joking around is one thing, continuing to wear her things or your own women's clothes is another. Don't hint around. Don't imagine. Have a real conversation and keep her in the loop.

It might appear the planets are lining up. Take Char?s advice and go slowly. There?s a lot to digest.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    How the heck can we give u useful info about your wife!?

What Char said!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Sorry Docrobbysherry I may not have explained myself too well. I wasn't asking about my wife, just whether the events as described could be seen as an indication that she may be accepting or if I've read too much into her reaction. As Nancy Sue says, maybe the planets are aligning. I do need the talk but I've got do it gently at the right time.

You will never know unless you talk about it with your wife.

The glimmer I see is now there is a real opportunity to talk with your wife instead of speculating. She opened up the door to conversation a couple of times, especially at the store when she held up the nightie for size on you. Take the opportunity to begin a conversation with her.

Platinum Member
    I would not give this too much weight. Have you ever discussed or disclosed your preferences to her?

Platinum Member
    First, I think the chances are 100% that your wife knows you had tried on her nightie before. Women know when someone has been perusing their space. That being said I suspect there is definitely a message there. It's two fold. Perhaps, throwing the nightgown towards you and telling you to wear it was an acknowledgement that it is only clothes. Nightgown and a panty? Big deal. Her limitation came at the intimacy part. Take it off. She wanted her husband, her man. You could chalk that night up as a "drunken joke," but, the next segment, in the store? Holding up an appropriate size against you? This is your missed opportunity which could be posted at another ongoing thread.

You're new to the forum. I have related many times that my wife and I had bought me nightgowns and hosiery to wear in bed after she found me wearing one of her nightgowns. It was nothing more than a little kink with benefits for both. It wasn't until later when my interests expanded that she and I realized there was more to me that just liking the feel of the nylon. We had "The Talk." We entered "Don't Ask, Don't tell." That's when a wife can turn from viewing it as a little kink to something unacceptable.

I fully admit this can be challenging to ascertain motive. Proceed with caution. Don't have overly high expectations.

I guess my question is, do you think your wife has her suspicions as to you dressing in the past and yes I do think you missed an opportunity. A, "Are we going for his and her's nighties then?" could have revealed her intentions/knowledge but it's so difficult to grasp those moments.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

I think you need to have the talk. And talk about more than just dressing. At some point it is best if boundaries are set, for the benefit of both of you.

Marion

Please
    Have a conversation and stop the joking .

Seriously please talk to her we really do not know your wife.
    Last edited by Di; 01-08-2022 at 01:01 PM. Reason: Harsh

There is one thing I learned about alcohol over the years from all the abuse I let it give me. There is truth in this, "alcohol will bring out the most hidden part of a person they would never say if they were sober." Because of social pressures, people tend to hide their true feelings about something so they will be "socially accepted," whatever that means. Alcohol will reveal the truly deepest darkest thought a person has, and when they become sober again, they end up denying that feeling. Now I am not saying your wife is an alcoholic or that she is exposing some hidden feelings because you two had been drinking, but alcohol has the effect of opening up a person and getting them to say things they wouldn't normally say. If I am right, and over the years I think I am, then it sounds to me like your wife may be open to your desire to crossdress, but was never able to discuss it with you before. Like others have said, you need to have a serious talk with her to see if that is the case. Good luck, and I hope this is a good start to something more wonderful!!!

Veronica, You need to ask your wife why she offered you her nightgown. That simple.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

The door has been opened for an honest discussion. Now is the time.

I'd keep it very simple

"I enjoyed that last night. Any interest in doing it again?"

In vino veritas- Alcohol doesn't make you express things you don't want to, it just lowers the threshold to do so.