Thread: Worst part about working at Torrid

Worst part about working at Torrid

The worst part of working part-time at Torrid, the amount of clothing I have bought. It's hard not to spend money every time I go to work. There are new clothes in regularly, new colors, new shoes. Then things go on clearance, things that you were on the fence about getting but the price was the deciding factor, are now priced where you can't not buy it. It is nice to get the employee discount, but still.

Off the top of my head,
    two blazers
    two dresses
    hand full of t-shirts
    hand full of camis
    a pair of slacks
    three pairs of jeans
    two sweaters
    two pairs of shoes
    belt

And then there is the stuff I bought for my wife.

It's crazy how weak I can be.

I can completely sympathize with you. Instead of a paycheck they send a bill On the bright side, look at all the pretty new things you got.
    Last edited by BTWimRobin; 01-06-2022 at 12:15 PM.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

Silver Member
    I get that, although I'm not a fan of Torrid. I don't detest them either, and find them friendly.

First, it's out of my age range, and size range. But I've taken my daughter a few times, and I get adds emailed to me each week. They are very trans friendly and were helpful in making suggestions and setting aside a changing room for her. My daughter is very picky, and I felt the range of styles was limited. Also my daughter is a 4x, and as most larger women will attest, there is so much less selection. One of the things that I observed is that there are not as many cuts and materials available. Especially linen or broad cloth. I get it because those types of cloth have a restricted range of motion. The disappointment though is that more flexible or expandable clothes tend to have a far more casual look. Finding something crisper and dressier in that size is tough.

We've looked else where, with not great success. Everything either looks too casual or too matronly. At least Layne Bryant had a couple of nice bras. That was a trip. I chit chatted with the SAs trying to find the right stuff for my daughter. It was her first bra, and she was so nervous. The SAs we're really great though being totally into it, even suggesting something on the racier side.

Anyway glad to hear the job is going well, and happy that you are there to help folks out, especially those that might need a bit of self image reassurance.
    Last edited by Meghan4now; 01-06-2022 at 01:39 PM.

Platinum Member
    Well, did you still have anything left after clothing expenses?

Cheer up, Billie, it could be worse! You've got some nice new clothes, and just think: you could have been working at some high-end haute couture boutique where they would have cost you ten times as much!

Billie, Make sure to save enough to get some new nail polish, I know you love your nails
    Crissy

I can only imagine! Glad I worked for a coal company all those years. Never needed much more than a few stockings full around Christmas time!

I got some shoes from them online, they were too big, took them back in person, was asked something about why 'she' needed to return them and I said 'she is me' and the SA immediately switched to selling me on the loyalty program.

I am wondering what the biggest shoes sizes you see in your store? I glanced at what they had at mine but didn't see anything near what I'd need, they were all single digit sizes.

@HelpMe,Rhonda;

All their shoes are wide, They all seem to come in 12w in the store.
    Last edited by char GG; 01-07-2022 at 10:44 AM. Reason: Not necessary to quote the post directly before yours

Platinum Member
    I always figure part time work over and above what the 9-5 jobs pays is money for spending on hobbies and non-essentials. Just make sure sufficient income tax withholding is taken out so there is no shock when filing your Form 1040.

You forgot to pick up "The partridge in a pear tree."

I have way too many floral dresses, but when they send me ads for 60-75% off on stuff I had browsed on, it tough to say no.
    If your not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room.

Worked for a Stereo-and Electronics store as a kid. Hardly ever got paid as it all went for expensive gear and speakers! Then the Bose company came in and made an offer. They wanted all the salesmen to say they owned Bose speakers, they were willing to help too! Therefore if you bought a pair of Bose 901 Series IV's they would give you another pair free! Back then it was nearly a grand for a pair of those! I finally had to pay off my store balance and get a different job! But all those Beatles and BTO and Alice Cooper albums sounded great!

I manufacture and sell locking devices, so I spend my money elsewhere. I quit drinking 10 years ago and have a lot more money for clothe.

Quote Originally Posted by Billie View Post
    @HelpMe,Rhonda;

All their shoes are wide, They all seem to come in 12w in the store.
    Good to know, I ordered 12s since my male size is 11, but they were too long as well as too wide. Some trans women say that their feet dropped in size on HRT, maybe that's happening here, or it's just random sizing differences.

Reality Check
    It's a good thing you didn't get a job at the liquor store!
    Krisi

Billie - I am going to start calling you Noah. You seem to get everything in "2's"!