Thread: Cleaned out my closet today....

Cleaned out my closet today....

After accumulating girl clothes for many years, today I cleaned out Jenn's closet. Had to try on everything of course. Must have been over 50 items between tops, skirts, dresses, and a few pairs of pants (gasp!) tucked away in there. So, I put on my shapeware, but left off the wig and makeup, and went through everything. Wound up tossing a dozen items that just didn't look good on me. Over the years my shape has changed (my middle is way to big right now, but my hips are still skinny) and had to be honest with myself looking at them in the mirror.

Rewarding myself with staying in femme mode the rest of the day.
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

As long as you are not purging, not a problem. Be sure to donate stuff in good shape to Goodwill. Other folks may need it...folks like us too!

My #1 New Years resolution. The last time I did, I wound up keeping more than I planned. I donate everything, except lingerie, to Goodwill.

I would/should do that too.
    Then I see a blouse, skirt, old wig, shoes, and remember the events I wore it to and the flood of awesome memories jump into my mind.
    It's like throwing those feminine memories into the trash...I just can't seem to do it.
    So now I am thinking I might make a "deep storage" wedding chest up in the garage attic to put those thing I just can seem to send off to resale.
    It's not easy to get up in the garage attic.
    I am limited and maxed out on my medium and easy accessible storage, continue to be lax on keeping my situation in a DADT status and am asking for trouble if I do not do something in the near term.
    One thing, I am not spending money on new shopping items but that makes my current boudoir of fashionable things, slowly getting dated. *Sigh*
    What a cross dresser to do?!?! I suppose you have the best idea to resell....but oh, it feels like purging all those memories...
    Candice Coleen Kowal ....all my friends call me Candy!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Way to go, Jenna! I would love to try on everything I have some time, too.

And, I shall! As soon as I have a month with nothing to do!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Platinum Member
    Its a good idea to sift through years of purchases. Besides refining your wardrobe?you made room for new stuff!

Making room for new stuff!!! Exactly how I see it!!

I do that now and then and donate all the things that no longer fit or that I don't care for.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I made a few decisions a couple of years ago that, due to limited storage space, that one, I'd only keep what I'd be willing to wear out in public, two; things had to fit me, nothing just that little bit too tight. Three; If I bought something new, something old got given to the charity shop.

Now I have to admit that there has been the odd time were I really couldn't find something I'd wish to part with, the things in my stash were in themselves fairly new and still suited me but generally speaking I've kept my wardrobe fairly much a manageable size with no hangers on. I do find footwear the hardest to deal with afterall a gurl can't have enough shoes now can she?

Having a sort out as opposed to purging makes sound sense. You can keep your wardrobe current, the amount I have allows me to put different combinations together without ending up having items that never see the light of day and I don't feel guilty if I buy the odd new thing even though it'll be a while before I get the chance to show it off to my adoring public LOL.

If you haven' worn something for the last two years and you've no likelihood of wearing it in the coming year, it's time to let it go.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Wait until it is all girls clothes. Cleaning it out becomes an ongoing task. Need to make room for the next group of cute clothes to get them all put away. I just got mine down to a manageable amount and bam back to over full again and more on the way. Need those new cute clothes and the old ones have to go. And letting them go is still not easy.

Aspiring Member
    Candykowl - I can relate. I recently had the opportunity to go through the items I have onsite and reduce the amount since I was bursting my storage space. I can remember where I got the item, who I got the item from (some of my purchases have been through Facebook Marketplace where you pick up in person). Only some of my collection I was able to reduce but most i had to move to my offsite storage. Which is now also beginning to burst at the seams. I too am in a DADT relationship and purged 12 years ago... My collection is now probably 5 times the size it was back then. A girl cannot have too many LBD.

I don't have enough accumulated things to do a purge. However, I do have enough lingerie items that it was time to sort them out. Today I took the opportunity to lay out all my bras (2) and bralettes (7) and panties (too many to count). I folded my bralettes very neatly. But, before folding one cup over the other, I laid matching panties on one cup so when the other cup was folded over the first the panties would be captured within their color matching bralette. I have at least 2 color matching panties for each bralette and, in a few cases I have 3 or 4 matching panties. I laid 5 of these sets in the top drawer of my bedroom nightstand. I have 1 set in the bathroom to put on after bathing in the morning and I have 1 set on at the moment. I have my 2 underwire bras and color coordinated (not color matching) panties on hangers in the guest bedroom closet along with my 4 (soon to ne 5) nighties and 5 or 6 stocking/garter belt combos and 4 suspender stockings. The other panties that don't match anything are in a drawer in the guest (and my) bathroom as are my thigh highs without garters. After all, a girl has to be organized.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

Heather, clever strategy on matching the panties to the bras!