Thread: Biking with Boobs

Biking with Boobs

As I lay abed this morning, thinking about my cross-dressing journey, I had to ask, "Whom am I trying to please? Whom am I trying to confront?"

Quickly, it was obvious that I was pleasing only myself. I've always wanted boobs. But as a kid, I didn't know HRT existed, not that my parents would have consented. In fact, I'd have been thrown out of the house, a fate I was often threatened with for any and every infraction of their cultural beliefs. (If you can go back in time and choose your parents, avoid homophobes. They're implacable.) These days, I've got the money and would need no one's permission if I wanted to grow my own breasts. But the downsides scare me enough not to follow that path.

As for 'confrontation' --i.e., acting in the present to get back at the past-- that, too, I decided wasn't viable. If I want 'confrontation", all I need to do is trade counter-trend by selling short what is over-bought or go long what is over-sold. Plus, when I have the courage to act and I'm also right, I turn profit.

So, thank goodness for prosthetics and cute bras. Anyhow, a seeming break in the weather meant I could pedal my miles outdoors rather than on my stationary. The skies were gray, and the clouds were moving in fast. But I wanted to get out. So my next question was, "Augmented, or not?" Do I take off my C's before I go biking, or leave them in?"

You can guess the answer. So the next question is this. "Is a boob-augmented ride better than a flat-chested one?"

Because I'm pedaling a recumbent, there wasn't much bounce or jiggle even when I went over a speed bump or hit a small divot in the pavement, much less the delicious, pendulous sway there'd be if I were hunched over handle bars. But I could tell the boobs were on my chest and not sitting home in the dresser drawer. Half way out on my usual route along the bluffs, the sun peaked out again and raised the LBGTQ flag --aka, a rainbow-- to the north. Then I knew the weather gods had smiled on my first cross-dressed ride.

Arindam
    Last edited by Arindam; 01-07-2022 at 10:58 PM.

Way too cold here in PA to indulge in such activity but it is now on my bucket list.

Quote Originally Posted by ziggie View Post
    Way too cold here in PA to indulge in such activity.
    Daytime temps of 33 --the forecast for Philly tomorrow-- isn't too cold to ride. Just layer up and add a baklava and thick gloves. You might feel like the Michelin Man, but proper kit makes riding year 'round possible. What keeps me indoors are two things: snow/ice (because the side streets don't get plowed) and rain (because drivers won't see a cyclist). Else, I'm out riding, a daily 50-75 minutes. That's the one constant in my life.

A year ago, as people got tired of being cooped up, you began to see more and more new riders on the streets and paths. Heartening was family groups, especially those with young kids, some just 3 or 4, furiously pedaling their single-speeds to catch up, but never holding to a line. I'd always slow to give them room and to shout encouragement. But as Summer became Fall, and Fall edged onto Winter, the "tourists" faded away, leaving just us "hard cores" and, some days, I'm the only rider I see.

Decades ago, before biking became part of my life, a doctor at my annual physical asked me what I did for exercise. "I hate exercise", I said. "I get enough at work."

Son, if you don't want to walk like an old man when you get to be an old man, you'd better start thinking about doing a daily walk."

Yeah, yeah," I said and blew him off. But slowly, the walks began to happen. It took me a year to work up to 3 days a week. Another year to get to 5 days a week. Another year to 7, by which time I had begun to add in biking, which was months of a sore butt and tendonitis. But that, too, gradually corrected itself, and I was biking 3,000 miles a year, walking another 600 or so, most of it just running errands that I used to use a car for.

Why was I able to get myself out the door each day? Because this is the question I used to ask, "If you beg off today, what excuse are you going to use tomorrow?"
    Last edited by Arindam; 01-08-2022 at 05:12 PM.

I have yet to try riding my e-bike en-femme.
    It does sound like a lot of fun though. Biking with boobies will be a new experience. And I bought a new pair of leggings yesterday (my first-ever pair - thanks ellbee, for the inspiration) so I'll try them out at the same time, if I can wait that long.
    We are in mid-summer here, although the weather has been all over the place - our yard was flooded last night - so I will have to get out for a ride once things dry out a bit. Of course, I will have to try to get some pics.

Wendy,

Don't wait for things to dry out too much. One of my funniest rides ever was right after a rain storm.

Just NW of Portland proper there's a wetlands area where the Willamette and Colombia co-join. A bike path runs along the slough that laps the edge of the path in some places and floods over it when rains are heavy. It's part of a 20-mile loop I used to do about twice a week. So I knew the path well. This time, as I approached the path, I could see it was flooded ahead of me for 40-50 meters before it gained a bit of elevation. I could have backed away. But I decided to go for it, figuring the water wouldn't be deeper than my axels.

I hadn't gone 5-10 meters when I saw them ahead of me, three carp swimming along the path, like they owned it. 'Splash, splash, slash' went my pedals as I snuck up on them. The three fish startled a bit, but didn't spook, and just swam faster. "OK, guys", I said. "it's you and me", and the race was on. 'Splash, splash, splash' went my pedals as the water got a bit deeper. But now I was committed, with no place to turn around, and the carp would just flip their tails and swim a bit faster. Finally, two got tired of the game and veered off the path, leaving just the biggest of three.

"OK, big guy. Now, it's just you and me." More splashing. More tail flips until he, too, got tired of the game and veered off, leaving me the winner.

"Yep", I emailed my bikie son later. "Had a good ride today and chased down three carp on the bike path."

Arindam
    Last edited by Arindam; 01-08-2022 at 01:32 AM.

What you have going there is one of ny most hated things in this world. Being wet while clothed. I have riden in the rain walked in the rain worked in the rain. All out of necessity. But it in no way would ever bring me joy to do such. I believe my hell would be being wet and cold and unable to get dry and warm. I'd much rather have fire and brimstone.

I've dressed to go riding (and running), but never with boobs or a wig. I'm afraid any of that would just be far too hot or just too impractical. I do have a ponytail extension that I can rig in my helmet to enhance the illusion of the rest of my female kit, but have yet to try it out in the wild.

Jennifer,

I'll second you about the misery of working in the rain. No matter how good one's kit is, you get chilled to the bone, and the hours are long. But walking in the rain can be a joy, especially when sheltered beneath a huge golfing umbrella.

Biking, OTOH, is a tossup. Portland has a rep for being a rainy city. But our rains come in squalls, and there are often lulls between them where it possible to sneak in a quick ride. Often times, I can steal a march on the storm, and I'm on the back leg of my ride, just blocks from home, before the raindrops being again. (No harm. No foul.) Other times, at least 4 to 5 times a winter, I misjudge and get soaked. But that, too, is just part of the game. I got my ride in, and I probably needed a shower and fresh clothes anyway.

Another place where it's possible to get wet and not be fun is losing one's footing when wading a creek. Even with the chest strap cinched, you're going to take on cold water, plus wet a shirt shelve or two up to the shoulder. My days of wading are over now that I'm a para. But I'd still sail, and that means being willing to get wet *when* --not *if*-- you capsize. Knowing that, I head out in wet suit, which adds a lot of buoyancy when I'm swimming around trying to the thing righted and underway again. But I still get wet and a bit chilled.
    Last edited by Arindam; 01-08-2022 at 01:12 AM.

I like running with a sports bra, but keep the boobs in the drawer while running. But a sports skirt, that?d be nice.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I have good news and bad news for u Arindam:
    As a 78 y/o who doesn't walk or move like an old man. Or, even an old woman in my 4"+ hi heels? Biking, running, or jogging won't help your posture when you're old.

With my bad back, I have to do an excersize program of stretching and crunches on the floor every morning. I credit that program for keeping me young. That, and controling my diet and weight. Your body's core strength controls your back and posture. Exercizing with your arms and legs won't effect your core much.

Biking is great excersize for your legs, heart, and general health.
    But, won't do much for your posture when you're young or old!
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 01-08-2022 at 01:09 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

When I go for a bike ride (less often than I should) I always wear a wig and boobs. I don’t ever bike in drab because I don’t want the neighborhood to see a man riding "her" bike. Especially when I’m leaving home or coming back.
    What do I do on days when I don't crossdress? I have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    I have good news and bad news for you, Arindam.... Your body's core strength controls your back and posture. Exercising with your arms and legs won't effect your core much.
    Core strength doesn't control gait. 'Walking' controls 'walking' and how fluid one's stride is. When I would switch over from mainly getting around by bike to wanting to walk for a few days to change things up, the first day was hard. It was like I had forgotten how to walk. Muscles unused for weeks protested, and I all but stumbled my way down the block. But by the back-leg of the second day's walk, moving across pavement had again become effortless, efficient, and unconscious.

Same-same with rowing. The first few minutes of being back in a boat --after months on the beach-- are hard. Every oar-stroke takes conscious thought and effort, as does engaging legs, trunk, and arms sequentially, all the while being properly, comfortably centered. But quickly enough --if proper, prior training and conditioning had been done-- you again become one with the boat, and positioning for the next cast --or scooting from one side of the cove to the other-- becomes second nature.

If you wanna walk, you gotta walk. If you wanna dance, you gotta dance. Doing related activities --like crunches if you're a small boat sailor who likes to hike out-- might help a bit. But they aren't as necessary as doing the primary activity over and over and over until it has become second nature.

Lastly, likely, you're no more than couple months older than me --I'm a mid-war, Halloween babe-- and my physical therapist, also, is hammering on me about keeping up with my core exercises. Not fun.

Arindam
    Last edited by Arindam; 01-08-2022 at 06:56 PM.

I have riden with boobs on 3 out of five styles of bikes I ride. Mountain, Road and Peloton, but not the others as there done on closed courses and proximity. Mountain and road are hard enough for me to not run into people I know. Although the rate things are going, by this summer I might not care.

Yes, riding in a hunched over position, boobs are noticable.

I love to bike enfemme on the local rails-to-trails paths... in warmer weather!! But these days I do not have to dress to be riding with boobs! lol

biking3.jpg
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Go for it... no one will notice, or care. I bought sports bra so I could wear my forms while running... with a light sweatshirt, no one notices and I just love the feel.

You don't want to get a head injury, even though you are biking with boobs. Don't forget your helmet

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arindam View Post
    Core strength doesn't control gait. 'Walking' controls 'walking' and how fluid one's stride is. When I would switch over from mainly getting around by bike to wanting to walk for a few days to change things up, the first day was hard. It was like I had forgotten how to walk. Muscles unused for weeks protested, and I all but stumbled my way down the block. But by the back-leg of the second day's walk, moving across pavement had again become effortless, efficient, and unconscious.

Same-same with rowing. The first few minutes of being back in a boat --after months on the beach-- are hard. Every oar-stroke takes conscious thought and effort, as does engaging legs, trunk, and arms sequentially, all the while being properly, comfortably centered. But quickly enough --if proper, prior training and conditioning had been done-- you again become one with the boat, and positioning for the next cast --or scooting from one side of the cove to the other-- becomes second nature.

If you wanna walk, you gotta walk. If you wanna dance, you gotta dance. Doing related activities --like crunches if you're a small boat sailor who likes to hike out-- might help a bit. But they aren't as necessary as doing the primary activity over and over and over until it has become second nature.

Lastly, likely, you're no more than couple months older than me --I'm a mid-war, Halloween babe-- and my physical therapist, also, is hammering on me about keeping up with my core exercises. Not fun.

Arindam
    I'm sorry, Arindam, I assumed u were talking about posture. Since most old people walk bent over. But, u meant gait?

On that note I find hi heels, 4"+, change both my gait and my posture significantly!
    But, after a week long T event in Vegas in Oct. I found my lower legs had a very hard time with my hi heels there.

After reading advice here on exersize to strengthen your feet and legs for hi heels? I added them to my morning routine and had no problems wearing 4"+ heels New Years!

Let me add that your post has inspired me to repair my old bike and get out there! I need to get more exersize for my complete legs and to get my wind and heart rate up. Thank u for that!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    Let me add that your post has inspired me to repair my old bike and get out there! I need to get more exercise for my complete legs and to get my wind and heart rate up. Thank u for that!
    The official name for switching between various physical activities is 'cross-training', and that pairs well with 'cross-dressing', don't cha think? LOL

Yeah, fix the bike and get out there. Here in Portland, it was 31 this morning, with frost on the roofs. But the skies are blue. The sun is shining, and there's no wind. Raking leaves just now --a year 'round chore for me-- was quite pleasant. So when I finished filling my green bin, I topped up air pressure in my trike tires and 'chair, and after I grab a quick bite, I'll roll out. (Boobed, of course, because I'm finding it fun.)

Arindam
    Last edited by Arindam; 01-09-2022 at 03:31 PM.

I don?t have forms, but to date cycling is the only time I?ve gone out fully crossdressed (leggings, woman?s top, bra, panties). I love the feeling.

I?ve also dressed like this when I have biked to the grocery store or pharmacy. I was full of nerves going in, but nobody seemed to notice or care.

Biking attire is one of the few things that is mostly unisex (at least from the outsiders viewpoint). While a bra would be noticeable up close, especially with forms, many jerseys and shorts are pretty much the same for males and females. That might be why so many men are reluctant to wear a full kit to ride, it is pretty feminine looking. That might also be why I have an entire bin of riding gear.

Bib shorts, by the way are incredibly comfortable and have shoulder straps if one is concerned about noticeable bra straps.

I do lots of summer biking with feminine work out tops. Everyone has seen me in my racer back tops. Wearing bras doesn’t happen as much. I know lots of cyclists and wearing a bra is a little harder to explain. I have worn a bra with forms while off somewhere else. A wonderful feeling.

I once paired a cycling jersey w a skirt as a casual outfit. but I think I'll go casual on next bike outing. Also, I've wanted to try stringing a couple of clothes pins together to hold down center skirt hem, turning skirt into temporary skort while on bicycle

Today I went crosscountry-skiing with my padded hip form and breasts forms for the first time (I was inspired by this thread). It felt great, although I didn't meet many others since I waited until it was almost dark (I use a headlight to be able to go skiing also in the afternoon/evening after work). Tomorrow I will go earlier in the day, since I am at my cottage and doesn't know any one around here.

Catinka