Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Artificial nails

Mod note:

This thread is not about how to apply artificial nails.

Read the OP, or start a new nail thread in clothing, shopping, and beauty.

I suppose I tried a few other artificial nail sets when I first started wearing nails, but now I stick with one particular brand.

Without mentioning the brand, or how they're applied (per the mods request) I'll just say that 90% of the time I go with the medium length French manicure nails. Not only because of the length, BUT because of the shape. Doing things like texting and typing on your laptop is SO much easier with them, as well as the things most women do, like putting on a necklace, bra, ect.

It can and is, difficult to do things with nails of any length.

I (thankfully) had help and suggestions from a few women I have a close friendship with, BUT I found it was something you learned from repeatedly doing it. I turn the tips of my fingertips up when I type, especially on a cell phone. With a laptop it's a little different, I have to hold my fingers straight and the tips of my fingers upwards.

Not everybody has someone to help them with it, and that's fine too, because the best way I actually learned was watching other women type or do simple tasks...Later on when cell phones became the norm, I would watch how other women texted. You will notice how each woman is a bit different. Yours will be too....Dont give up!

After reading thru this thread, I believe I would be best served with press on nails due to the apparent ease of removal. My index and middle fingernails on both hands constantly split and I have to keep them trimmed very short. I don't care to have long nails; but, it would be nice to have nails of uniform length that are neatly trimmed.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.