Thread: Told My Boyfriend

Told My Boyfriend

Years ago, I had a girlfriend I wanted to tell but just could not. I prepared a talk for months but it never happened because I lacked courage.
    I am in a different situation now in that I have a boyfriend rather than a girlfriend. Instead of stalling and stalling, after a year or so together, I finally told him something like this. ?I would like to disclose something about myself that I have revealed to very few people ever. For many years, off and on, i have felt an attraction to women?s clothing. The attraction comes and goes, but lately I have been thinking about it more and more, I do not really understand why, but I would like to try on some feminine items.?
    Maybe the dynamic is different in a gay relationship, but my partner took it well, Yes, he asked me questions like did I want an operation. He has no interest in seeing me dressed, and I have not shown him any of my clothes, but now I do not feel like I will have to explain things awkwardly upon getting caught, which may or may never happen.
    I wish I had said the above to that ex-girlfriend years ago.
    CeCe

Glad he took it well. It takes a lot of pressure off when significant others know, even if they do not participate.

Good for you CeCe! It must be a tremendous relief not to have to hide this from your boyfriend - your SO - any longer. I don't know how so many people can go on keeping CD a secret for many years - so much sneaking and stress. After admitting my CD desires to myself, it only took me a few days of tension to come out - with freedom and release on the other side. He may not want to see you dressed but that doesn't appear to be a problem for you either. How wonderful he is accepting. You now can go forward with your relationship to wherever it may lead without the weight of CD desires hanging over your head.

Also, I wouldn't give a second thought of regret about your earlier relationship. Remember your ex is your ex for a reason, and it looks like you are in the right place now.

All the best to you
    Kris

CeCe, I'm glad that your reveal went well.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I’m really happy for you. That must feel amazing.

Glad for you Cece that it went well.

Always good to be able to be open about who we truly are. I had to chuckle though since the most common question among women when revealing this seems to be “are you gay?” At least you already had that covered
    Kelly a.k.a. VS Fan

Glad that went well. Hope he asks to see you dressed some day.

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VS Fan View Post
    Always good to be able to be open about who we truly are. I had to chuckle though since the most common question among women when revealing this seems to be ?are you gay?? At least you already had that covered
    Well, hopefully the BF doesn't realize that apparently most CD'ers are hetero...

"Are you- straight??"

Glad the convo with your boyfriend went well CeCe even though he doesn't want to see you dressed. I also have a boyfriend and when I told him he was immediately supportive as well as encouraging to me to dress whenever I would like to with no restrictions at all (I'm still closeted by choice), and I wear lingerie to bed almost every night. Hopefully you find a good balance in your relationship with him going forward of finding time to dress without crossing uncomfortable boundaries .

It's interesting how it's different if your partner is another man. Women (although shocked: "are you gay") once they learn what it is, it can enhance the relationship. Gay men are generally not interested in having a girl for a partner, so you're pretty lucky.

Glad you told him, wishing you the best.