Thread: I forgot how tough it is to be en femme in public -- at noontime!

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar

I forgot how tough it is to be en femme in public -- at noontime!

Hadn't done that in like forever.

Wow, the full sunshine added even more crazy, to boot.

Next time I'll take something either earlier or later, thanks.

Anyway, props to those who do that on a more regular basis!

Ellbee, did you find it more "comfy" or not, less noticed by others? You can add sunglasses which I would believe help you blend, I guess it really depends on where you go, right?

It seems like every time I ventured out it was around noontime. I substituted distance for darkness, and went safely covid masked.

Masks! It's amazing. I've yet to go out without one, but have at least a dozen times with. I'm hoping around the time it stops being a thing to wear them everywhere I'll have built up the courage to not need it.

As for the original comment, I will say going out mid-day can be more anonymous as long as I dress appropriately. People running a few errands on their lunch break are probably doing less casual people-watching than those out in the evening and may even be less likely to notice you.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I agree, Elbee! Which is why even tho I've been out dressed 100's of times? It's rarely ever during daylite hours or to vanilla venues!

U girls who do that r SO BRAVE!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Platinum Member
    I seem to be almost the opposite. I really prefer going out in daylight for lunch or whatever, and the busier the location the better. Maybe its the safety in numbers thing?or its easier to blend into a crowd

It's all in the mind. When I get the opportunity to go out that's what I do regardless of the time of day. Being out in the daytime especially where there's plenty of people around is far easier to do as you can hide in a crowd.

I don't pass at close range but I've learned not to look to see if folks are looking at me. It's instinctual that if you see someone looking at you then you tend to look back. Ignore everyone, go about your business and as long as what you're wearing doesn't make you stand out like a sore thumb then you can just do the thing it is you want to do.

Elbee you need to go out again and again such that you get used to it and you'll wonder what all the fuss was about.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Hah. Yes they are plenty of crossdresser who prefer the vampire life.
    If your not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room.

Aspiring Member
    It's almost always dusk or night when I've been out. But one time it was mid-afternoon on a very sunny day. My makeup had come out particularly well and I just went for it, dressed in a pink skirt, top and shoes. I went for a walk by the beach and it felt like the first time I'd ever gone out.
    But after a while I realised that nobody was looking at me, so my confidence came back.
    That must be 3 or 4 years ago now, and I'm not sure I'd be able to do it again with such confidence.

I have only ever been out in public a couple of times, so I tend to feel a bit like a dog pooing razor-blades, at least at first. But the last time I ventured out, which was last night when I went for a walk around my neighbourhood en-femme, it wasn't as bad. I just HAD to get out and enjoy the lovely new skirt I bought yesterday (there's a pic of me in it, in the 'I went shopping..,' sticky). Using the cover of darkness, and being in a safe neighbourhood which I know intimately, did help a lot. I didn't see or speak to anyone, though several cars passed by - but all they would have seen was simply a woman out walking - even if they'd known 'me'.
    I arrived home after around 30 minutes feeling happy and very pleased with myself.
    Last edited by Wendy-Lyn; 01-10-2022 at 09:17 PM.

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NancyTO View Post
    Hah. Yes they are plenty of crossdresser who prefer the vampire life.
    Now this girl speaks my language!

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    It doesn't matter what time of day it is to me.

Daytime is more fun than night!

I do agree, Angela, but I haven't been going out in public for very long, so it's all a bit new to me. I'm just taking it one step at a time, although my first time out was in daylight (I went and watched some kids playing cricket).
    I was seriously tempted to go to the supermarket en-femme this afternoon. I chickened - and then spent the whole time kicking myself for it. The place seemed full of women in nice dresses, and all I wanted was to be in one of MY nice dresses.
    I'll get there one day.

I love going out during the day, the secret is to blend in, after a while it just becomes natural,you stop worrying about what other people are thinking, thats because they have more important things to do than wonder if a man in a dress has just walked passed them. I know you can see in the corner of your eye that someone may have clocked you, but dont look, there fleeting glance only lasts seconds, then they are gone.

I go out almost exclusively during full daylight. I go to crowded places sometimes. I always go to places where there are other people. It’s a matter of security and of blending. I go places where there are other women. Walking around alone in the middle of the night is just asking for trouble.
    What do I do on days when I don't crossdress? I have no idea.

@ Cynthia:
    I do realize that walking around alone at night can be dangerous, and I normally wouldn't consider it. But I was within about half a mile of home the entire time, and it's a quiet solely residential area with a very low risk, and is well-lit. I know it intimately as I've lived in this town for 40 years and in my current home for 13 years. I also know many of the people who live in the area on a casual basis, as is often the case with those who live nearby, and I would have no hesitation of approaching them for help if I was to need it. Had I felt that I was in any real risk of danger, I'd never have gone out.

Platinum Member
    At six foot and 200 pounds daylight is a non-starter for me. Maybe, if I lived on a secluded beach I'd don a pretty sundress and sit on a drift log the tide brought in. Otherwise, I feel comfortable taking an evening stroll. I only wear dresses; no pants. So, the mere fact an eye will be attracted to a woman in a dress would bring more scrutiny. Hasn't every one on this site admit their eye stops at every hem of a dress? If you're five foot six and wearing a mask I think you should be alright during the day and maintain your privacy.