Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Office Girls

I love women in business suits - they look gorgeous: so sexy. I've tried that look myself several times, but my stupid male shape (straight up/down) means I'm always sadly disappointed with the result. I want an hourglass waist! Or just any waist will do ;-) Mine's practically non-existent.

I also worked on wall,street in the 80s. I remember going into lees maradi gras ..for those who do not know, the premier crossdressing store in the village at that time. They had a full rack of the grey business suit jacket,skirt, and fluffy white blouse ensemble. Of course you would pair with off-white panty hoes and black patent pumps.

I dare say most of us are influenced by the clothes girls and women wore that we found so attractive in earlier years. I still have blouses from the 1970s that were fashionable among women in the office back then. And in my teens, I wanted to look just like the girls I was in school with. One of my greatest regrets is tossing out, in a "purge" when I went out into the world of relationships, a dress I sewed with my own hands, just like the pretty school uniform dresses worn by so many girls I admired in my teens. I loved to look just like them.

I could agree more (sigh)

https://flic.kr/p/q5eeXK

Platinum Member
    I worked on Capitol Hill in the 90s. I was initially stunned and always impressed by how well dressed the women working in the were. I doubt that its has changed.

I did field service in lower Manhattan in the 80's

How I would envy the Office girls scurrying thru the streets in their skirts, dresses, pantyhose and a pair of jogging sneakers with a stylish pair of heels in their purse for when they got to the office.....

Did you ever make it to Lee's Mardi Gra boutique?

Here's an article I wrote about those times

http://www.femulate.org/2013/10/look...th-street.html

I see you are in Vermont now, I too ran north now in Maine

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Here's an article I wrote about going to Lee's

http://www.femulate.org/2013/10/look...th-street.html

Oh my gosh, your story was exactly my experience while going there. The first time, I almost chickened out. Got upstairs and tried on a pair of knee high boots that actually fit! I did so in the private dressing room as I was too embarrassed to try them on out in the open, in my suit and tie no less. The second time I went in was a Saturday where I was working on a project in the office. I drove over from Wall Street and parked my car on the street freaking out that what if it were towed. Went upstairs and bought my first pair of black patent pumps that fit! Lee was behind the counter, and the same lovely lady brought me up in the creaky elevator. I too wondered if the macho meat packers knew about the store and it’s clients. The drive home to nj was unbearable, wanting to peek in the bag at my new treasure. I could not wait for the opportunity to have an empty house sans young kids and wife to try them on with a proper outfit. I never went back. Into the early 90s I discovered Payless had size 12 shoes, and wigs were always purchased in some urban wig/makeup store. I did discover Dorothy’s near Fenway in Boston, and the glamour boutique in Mass, as well as another that catered to us in Chicago.

Oh, the sneakers with white bulky socks over their hose. Sheer torture for me, especially the last minute primping on the train or bus, lipstick and mascara application, or once they were in the office slipping off their sneakers into their heels. It was so dull to be a man!
    Last edited by gwencd158; 01-21-2022 at 12:56 PM.

Absolutely. My career was in the financial world where the dress code for both men and women was high. We wore suits and ties. The women, in our office, were paid very well and were expected to dress appropriately, which usually meant makeup, business suits, dresses, skirts, hose, heels and in fashion tops. It was fun interviewing a potential new female employee. My wardrobe is full of skirts of various lengths and styles, tops, sweaters and blouses. I wear hose most days. Sadly, I?ve had to give up high heels for low heels and flats, but it was nice while it lasted.

80's and 90's office wear was the best! Women still wore pantyhose in those days, the skirts were tight, and the shoes were hot! One female contemporary of mine often wore pantyhose with a back seam. Holy moly! Those were the days!

Once upon a time... Veronica Lacey's Avatar
    Absolutely, Debbie. My first f/t job at age 18 was delivering office supplies and furniture. So, so many offices and so many women in office attire: various satin blouses with skirts and various heels, some lovely dresses and feminine hair styles with the occasional flash of lingerie. Some very exciting moments for a shy, 18 year old athletic male who, while occasionally being teased and flirted with by these "older" women, secretly just wanted to have access to some of those clothes. Some of my current femme wardrobe certainly reflects those experiences.

Thanks for helping dig up those memories.

I do remember searching for business attire after seeing the office women dress Trying to emulate the look Going downtown at 5PM in my office attire showing off my purchases
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

I absolutely love office attire! I could wear that all day, everyday!

Aspiring Member
    I have a few skirt, blouse and jacket combos, and a couple of peplum dresses that are all "office look".
    I find that I tend to look more "passable" in them, so I love to wear them.
    And the peplum dresses are all lined, so they feel really nice.