Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my daughter asked me a question

my daughter asked me a question

I am very lucky to have a supportive daughter, we do a lot of things together.
    She is very fussy the way I dress and always trying to get me to try different styles of clothing
    Last night we went out for dinner, and she asked me why I didn't have my ears pierced.
    I told her I never gave it a thought and thought I was to old. She laughed and said that clip on earrings
    are so old fashioned. She then said that we are going to change that this weekend
    She told me that I always look so nice, and if I am going to continue on this journey you are going
    to do it the right way
    I am so lucky to have her for my daughter

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    May we assume your daughter is an adult?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    May we assume your daughter is an adult?
    Very much so early 50"s

She is right, you know. It is never too late and clip on earrings are a throwback to my mother's generation.

Sounds like a pretty awesome daughter and a great relationship you have with her
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Joann, I have had my ears pierced for more than six months now. I wear gold hoops the size of a nickel when in drab and never take them out. To date I have had exactly 2 comments, both positive, from my hairdresser and my dental hygienist. We don't live that far apart, so I am willing to bet your experience would be the same.

It turns out I have very sensitive earlobes, so I have to have good quality earrings, and had to be very careful with the piercing for the first few months. So you might want to be aware of that.

I'm 71. You're not too old.

It must be so much fun to have a daughter who is into helping you with your look!
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

That's awesome Joann.
    Your daughter is truly accepting.
    Enjoy your new earrings! It's not really an issue anymore, so you shouldn't have any negative reactions.

Quote Originally Posted by April Rose View Post
    Joann, I have had my ears pierced for more than six months now. I wear gold hoops the size of a nickel when in drab and never take them out. To date I have had exactly 2 comments, both positive, from my hairdresser and my dental hygienist. We don't live that far apart, so I am willing to bet your experience would be the same.

It turns out I have very sensitive earlobes, so I have to have good quality earrings, and had to be very careful with the piercing for the first few months. So you might want to be aware of that.

I'm 71. You're not too old.

It must be so much fun to have a daughter who is into helping you with your look!
    Thank you April, your support means a lot

Just being true to myself Jolene Robertson's Avatar
    Hi Joann, That's great and your daughter is right, never too old. It's wonderful to have accepting family. Enjoy all the new earrings that you can start collecting now.

Thank you Jolene

Joann, You do have an awesome daughter, you will have to let us know how you do. Lucky you!
    Crissy

Thank you Crissy, I will do that

It?s funny she said that clip ons are old fashioned. My wife just got an Emerald pair and a broach from her mom that belonged to my wife?s grandmother. She gave them to me. Maybe I?ll start a post and feature a different set of clip ons with different outfit and maybe even different hair! Enjoy getting pierced. I have one from my 80s rocker days, but it?s probably since closed up.
    If you only knew the power of the pink fog! ~Joss

Joann, It is wonderful that your daughter is so encouraging. I would love to get my ears pierced, but my work life does prevent it. Besides, if I did, what would I do with the 50+ pair of vintage clip-on earrings I have?
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Joann, that is amazing. I've no idea the reaction I'd get from my daughter (age 51) if I told her I enjoyed cross dressing. And, I only under dress. If I dressed totally for the whole world to see, I believe she might go into cardiac arrest. You are so lucky to have A) a daughter so accepting and B) a personal fashion/beauty consultant there to help you anytime you need it.
    It's never too late to enjoy a happy childhood.
    Live each day as though it's your last 'cause one day you'll be right.
    I'm finding the more feminine side of me...and I ❤️ this adventure.

It’s great you have a supportive daughter. Congratulations on that!

Yes, get your ears pierced! It only takes a few minutes, and it gives you many more options. I’ve tried clipons and they hurt. You can wear pierced-ear earrings all day and never notice them. Magnetic earrings are even worse than clipons. Magnetics start to ache after just a few minutes.
    What do I do on days when I don't crossdress? I have no idea.

Platinum Member
    You do really have a great daughter and a great guide for your journey!

What a daughter.
    You will love having pierced ears. I wish I hadn't waited so long but so glad I did mine 20 years ago.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I have had mine pierced for a long time. I started with one. Then decided sometime in 2000 that I would get the left ear done. My daughter wanted to get another set done a few years ago and asked if I would like to get a second set and she would pay for them. I agreed. I have a lot of problem with earrings also. I have a nickel allergy so I have to wear surgical steel. I started to develop problems with the second set and stopped wearing them. Earrings no problem with my wife. My daughter does not know about my dressing.

It is great that you have such a supportive daughter!

Hi Joanne,

You truly have an amazing daughter. Sounds like you girls need to plan a day to get your ears pierced.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

WOW!
    Your daughter sounds like such a blessing.

My only regret getting my ears pierced is that I didn't do it sooner. Clip-on earrings hurt way worse than getting your ears pierced.

Quote Originally Posted by BTWimRobin View Post
    Hi Joanne,

You truly have an amazing daughter. Sounds like you girls need to plan a day to get your ears pierced.
    We are going on Saturday, and now she tells me she has made an appointment for both of us to get our nails done also

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by GracieRose View Post
    WOW!
    Your daughter sounds like such a blessing.
    Hi Gracie, yes she is. I am very lucky to have her support

Joann, Going with your daughter to get your ears pierced and then getting your nails done, wow, how absolutely lucky can you get.
    Crissy

Joanne, how cool is that. Sounds like she has a special day planned. Have fun!
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!